Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Need Help 2)
    Thanks for the detailed reply, you lovely person
    The whole relationship is kind of a weird one, we both had the idea that we will never properly be together drilled into our minds from the start.
    The whole point of meeting was to spend our time together before we go our separate ways (I go to uni in 2 months, funny that..) (should have mentioned that in the post sorry ) just to have some fun and see what a relationship would have been like.

I feel like a **** for saying this, but since she has effectively ruled out the chance of us ever meeting again, I think I should stop talking to her altogether. She still wants to message constantly, even though it is clear we wont meet again, which is weird imo.
    I just want to understand the reason why she is being like this. I really dont want to stop talking to her as I have developed feelings for her and I will miss her loads, so Im in a **** position right now.
    haha no problem

hmm yeah the more you speak about it the less realistic the whole thing sounds. You're going to be busy at uni and you might not have the time to go down and she her and she already seems super busy and even from the start you both knew you would not be together for very long until you had to go your separate ways.

Hmm could you not see yourself as just being friends. it seems as if she wants to hold on to you because you are someone that she did genuinely like hanging about with and that's why she wants to take hold of that and not cut contact completely. That's the thing if you don't speak to her ever again it will be easier to get over her because your not going to be constantly reminded of her. However, from what I can see the two of your do get on and do enjoy being around one another so it would be a shame for you to loose each other as friends in that sense and she says she wants to be friend. The only question which remains now though, is do you want to be her friend...can you be her friend or because of the feelings do you feel that would be too hard/ almost impossible because it would hurt to much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingzebra)
    I have a phobia of ketchup. This conversation is officially over.
    Lol. I was just joking. Ketchup doesn't kill people XD Alright then *Hands you a pop tart dipped in jam* have it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery Me)
    Lol. I was just joking. Ketchup doesn't kill people XD Alright then *Hands you a pop tart dipped in jam* have it!!

You don't understand, I panic if I get any on me loool :P

woohooo! Don't forget the hundreds and thousands :banana:

Is that Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon in your picture?!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If I'm dating someone, should I ask important questions early on?
    Reason for: I want to know whether we'd run into certain issues down the road. I don't want to grow attached to someone and discover that we have major compatibility issues.
    Reason against: They might get scared and think I'm pressuring them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    haha no problem

hmm yeah the more you speak about it the less realistic the whole thing sounds. You're going to be busy at uni and you might not have the time to go down and she her and she already seems super busy and even from the start you both knew you would not be together for very long until you had to go your separate ways.

Hmm could you not see yourself as just being friends. it seems as if she wants to hold on to you because you are someone that she did genuinely like hanging about with and that's why she wants to take hold of that and not cut contact completely. That's the thing if you don't speak to her ever again it will be easier to get over her because your not going to be constantly reminded of her. However, from what I can see the two of your do get on and do enjoy being around one another so it would be a shame for you to loose each other as friends in that sense and she says she wants to be friend. The only question which remains now though, is do you want to be her friend...can you be her friend or because of the feelings do you feel that would be too hard/ almost impossible because it would hurt to much?
    We had previously had loads of discussions about meeting up a few times and how it would actually help us in the long run. We both thought it would get the relationship out of our systems and would allow us to drift a bit easier. It would be like our meet ups would be a fitting way to end to our relationship, as they are something we both wished we could do for the past few months.

I did think about the friends thing, but she doesnt act like she wants this. She still messages me as if a girlfriend would, and even makes time for the ... erm... spicy chats... She always says how much she loves me etc, wants to be with me etc, so for these reasons I dont think a friendship is possible. Hell, she gets jealous whenever I tell her Im with other girls!
    I just cant understand why she still messages me like this, even when we wont meet again..
    Is there much point talking to her since we cant be friends? (It would be very hard to just suddenly stop talking to her)

ReputationRep:
    You don't understand, I panic if I get any on me loool :P

woohooo! Don't forget the hundreds and thousands :banana:

Is that Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon in your picture?!
    Lol why do you panic? Is it because ketchup resembles the colour of blood?

Nah, he's just a random anime guy. Do you watch anime as well? Cool!! Yea, I watched sailor moon but it's ok. What's your favourite anime?

ReputationRep:
    Lol why do you panic? Is it because ketchup resembles the colour of blood?

Nah, he's just a random anime guy. Do you watch anime as well? Cool!! Yea, I watched sailor moon but it's ok. What's your favourite anime?

Noooo blood doesn't bother me at all! Just a phobia I've had since I was little- it's more just something that makes me cringe now! It just seems dirty :P

I use to- Sailor Moon is my ultimate favourite though hehe- probably because we have the same name and it makes me feel special

what's yours?

ReputationRep:
    Noooo blood doesn't bother me at all! Just a phobia I've had since I was little- it's more just something that makes me cringe now! It just seems dirty :P

I use to- Sailor Moon is my ultimate favourite though hehe- probably because we have the same name and it makes me feel special

what's yours?
    Yea, I know. I get that same feeling when I see butter. It makes me feel yucky and Bucky and yucky. Wait? Am I screwing up my grammar? I'm such a blueberry muffin U.U

Your name is Sailor moon? That's.... Fantastic!!

My favourite anime is One Piece. Have you watched it?

And Have you heard of a manga?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I know. I get that same feeling when I see butter. It makes me feel yucky and Bucky and yucky. Wait? Am I screwing up my grammar? I'm such a blueberry muffin U.U

Your name is Sailor moon? That's.... Fantastic!!

My favourite anime is One Piece. Have you watched it?

And Have you heard of a manga?
    But butter is so beautiful and soft- like a babies bottom....

Yupp- my mother gave birth to me whilst watching the season finale so thought it would feel quite sentimental. Loool- my name is Serena- Sailor Moon's normal name

Of course I know what manga is!

These are all of the anime I've seen....

Sailor Moon, Chobits, Tokyo Mew Mew, Elfen Lied, Kodocha, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, My Wife is a High School Student, Fruits Basket, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Air and a few others but can't remember right now!

ReputationRep:
    But butter is so beautiful and soft- like a babies bottom....

Yupp- my mother gave birth to me whilst watching the season finale so thought it would feel quite sentimental. Loool- my name is Serena- Sailor Moon's normal name

Of course I know what manga is!

These are all of the anime I've seen....

Sailor Moon, Chobits, Tokyo Mew Mew, Elfen Lied, Kodocha, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, My Wife is a High School Student, Fruits Basket, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Air and a few others but can't remember right now!
    LOL that babies bottom made me laugh XD

It seems like you love babies. You like cuddling with babies don't you? Huh? Huh? Come on. Don't be shy. Just admit it!! XD

Wow. You entered this world in a badass way!! Not many parents watch anime, ya know? It seems like most youngsters are the only fans of anime. Especially teenagers including me lol.

Yea, my list is also slightly similar to yours. Bleach, Naruto, fruits basket, fairy tail, death note, hellsing, shingeki no kyojin, arakawa under the bridge to name a few.

Less people watch anime in the UK right?

ReputationRep:
    LOL that babies bottom made me laugh XD

It seems like you love babies. You like cuddling with babies don't you? Huh? Huh? Come on. Don't be shy. Just admit it!! XD

Wow. You entered this world in a badass way!! Not many parents watch anime, ya know? It seems like most youngsters are the only fans of anime. Especially teenagers including me lol.

Yea, my list is also slightly similar to yours. Bleach, Naruto, fruits basket, fairy tail, death note, hellsing, shingeki no kyojin, arakawa under the bridge to name a few.

Less people watch anime in the UK right?
    Hey hey, who doesn't love cute ickle babies!

Looool- my mum actually is a fan of Sailor Moon you know!

No way- that's pretty similar! I forgot about Death Note and Hellsing! An anime channel came out a few years ago you know- it got taken down again though because it only started at like 2am so no one was watching it

Where did you watch Sailor Moon? Fox Kids? Jetix? Online?

Yeah but surprisingly, there is a lot of fans out there you know! If you haven't already, get membership on Crunchyroll.com it's free and pretty good

Are you not from the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgy Git)
    Yeah, surely the tension has gone by now ... have a good night!

I'm wondering, you don't need to be a Facebook friend to snoop at their stuff, do you?

If so, then this just means almost 60% that my ex wants something, but is using her friend to do it?

Guys?

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey, who doesn't love cute ickle babies!

Looool- my mum actually is a fan of Sailor Moon you know!

No way- that's pretty similar! I forgot about Death Note and Hellsing! An anime channel came out a few years ago you know- it got taken down again though because it only started at like 2am so no one was watching it

Where did you watch Sailor Moon? Fox Kids? Jetix? Online?

Yeah but surprisingly, there is a lot of fans out there you know! If you haven't already, get membership on Crunchyroll.com it's free and pretty good

Are you not from the UK?

Your mum is cool. Otherwise most parents are like "What the hell is this crap @[email protected]".

Yea. That channel is only active in some countries now. It was called animax I think. They took it out.

I watched sailor moon on animax television.

Yea I've heard of crunchy roll. I might join that site.

I was not born in the UK. I came just a few years ago. And you? Are you English?

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering, you don't need to be a Facebook friend to snoop at their stuff, do you?

If so, then this just means almost 60% that my ex wants something, but is using her friend to do it?

Guys?
    No it depends on their privacy settings. If their settings are open to the public you can see everything. Sometimes they will allow 'friends of friends' so if you have mutual friends it is possible to snoop without being their friend I believe.

I would agree with what you said. 60% she wants something/is curious to see what you're up to but is doing it through her friend if we're wrong though (ofc we don't have any way of knowing if we are wrong without contacting your ex) an alternative answer would be that the friend added you because she wanted to speak to you (given her history) and it wasn't influenced/planned by your ex.

ReputationRep:
    No it depends on their privacy settings. If their settings are open to the public you can see everything. Sometimes they will allow 'friends of friends' so if you have mutual friends it is possible to snoop without being their friend I believe.

I would agree with what you said. 60% she wants something/is curious to see what you're up to but is doing it through her friend if we're wrong though (ofc we don't have any way of knowing if we are wrong without contacting your ex) an alternative answer would be that the friend added you because she wanted to speak to you (given her history) and it wasn't influenced/planned by your ex.

I can't think of anything that she might want to talk about, unless it's to hook up - which isn't going to happen.

There's something to this, and I believe it's worth proceeding with caution.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything that she might want to talk about, unless it's to hook up - which isn't going to happen.

There's something to this, and I believe it's worth proceeding with caution.
    It's been a while and there is a chance she might have moved on but we can't tell for sure. I agree with you 100% and think it is worth proceeding and just trying to talk to her and she what's happening after all this time.

Again as you rightly say you've got to be cautious though. Don't think too far ahead e.g. thinking what could be or if there is a chance of you getting back together and just take it one step at a time e.g. speaking to her and then depending on her response take the next step.

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while and there is a chance she might have moved on but we can't tell for sure. I agree with you 100% and think it is worth proceeding and just trying to talk to her and she what's happening after all this time.

Again as you rightly say you've got to be cautious though. Don't think too far ahead e.g. thinking what could be or if there is a chance of you getting back together and just take it one step at a time e.g. speaking to her and then depending on her response take the next step.
    I doubt she has moved on lol ... after this, it leaning more towards the "miss me" stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Need Help 2)
    We had previously had loads of discussions about meeting up a few times and how it would actually help us in the long run. We both thought it would get the relationship out of our systems and would allow us to drift a bit easier. It would be like our meet ups would be a fitting way to end to our relationship, as they are something we both wished we could do for the past few months.

I did think about the friends thing, but she doesnt act like she wants this. She still messages me as if a girlfriend would, and even makes time for the ... erm... spicy chats... She always says how much she loves me etc, wants to be with me etc, so for these reasons I dont think a friendship is possible. Hell, she gets jealous whenever I tell her Im with other girls!
    I just cant understand why she still messages me like this, even when we wont meet again..
    Is there much point talking to her since we cant be friends? (It would be very hard to just suddenly stop talking to her)
    Hmmm it's strange, but I actually thinking the meeting up thing would be a very good idea. I never saw it like that but in talking together you would be able to see that yes, you do like each other a lot but why a relationship isn't feasible. Even though it would be the end of you two meeting up again I feel it could allow things to end on a good note as your both able to see why a relationship may not be appropriate between the two of you at this time. Then again it could go the other way and by the end of it the two of you may just be quite depressed at the thought of not meeting up again.

I can see that you clearly like talking to her. In her head I feel she really likes talking to you to and the fact that you will not meet again does not put her off. She seems comfortable around you to the extent where she can say spicy things/ flirt with you and she is happy to keep the maintain the friendship in this way (i.e. talking but not meeting).

Whereas with you, you also enjoy the conversation but you are seeing it from a more logical perspective "Why are we speaking if we are not going to be meeting again?". If you do like talking to her then yes I agree with you it would be strange just to cut her off like that and I'm sure you would miss her conversations quite a bit at first but with time it sounds like you would get over it. I say this because in your mind cutting off contact is an option and you're not all like "omg I've got to carry on speaking to her even if its not face to face". This option would be easier for you because you won't be talking much so with time she will becoming less significant in your life and you won't be reminded of her. However I'm sure she will miss you a lot and will wonder why you have suddenly cut contact.

The other option is to carry on speaking but you can't get too sort of involved because you know there is going to be no chance of meeting up again/ forming anything more serious. You could speak to her and suggest you speak more as friends and maybe reduce the spicy chat. Maybe this would be the better option as you will still be able to speak to each other but it will be more as friends and it would stop fooling your brains that there could be a potential chance of a relationship.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt she has moved on lol ... after this, it leaning more towards the "miss me" stage.

LOL, together we have come to a conclusion then:

you've got to go for it, but be careful.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, together we have come to a conclusion then:

you've got to go for it, but be careful.
    Yeah, I will ... I've got my guard up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.