The Student Room Group

Worst Accents?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by redferry
I love the black country dialect! :biggrin:

it's a very lazy dialect to say the least lmao, it can be very hard to understand unless people are fairly local. One problem is that I am hopefully going to be a teacher so I really need to concentrate when I'm speaking in interviews and at school experience so that what I'm saying is actually understandable.

I find it funny how people from different places have different ways of pronouncing 'I', I know that here we pronounce it as 'o' in lower case. 'o doe no' = idk lmAo
Reply 121
Northern English accents without exception sound awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rileyj
it's a very lazy dialect to say the least lmao, it can be very hard to understand unless people are fairly local. One problem is that I am hopefully going to be a teacher so I really need to concentrate when I'm speaking in interviews and at school experience so that what I'm saying is actually understandable.

I find it funny how people from different places have different ways of pronouncing 'I', I know that here we pronounce it as 'o' in lower case. 'o doe no' = idk lmAo

The black country dialect is actually the closest to Old English so congratulations on speaking 'properly' :smile:

The phrase I love is you'm (pronounced yowm) instead of you are
Reply 123
The black country dialect is actually the closest to Old English so congratulations on speaking 'properly' :smile:

The phrase I love is you'm (pronounced yowm) instead of you are

Thank you :wink: Yeah, I don't always pronounce it as yowm/yarm I usually pronounce it as yome; similarly I pronounce he is as iz, she is as shiz, they are as just them i.e. them gooin on oliday, we are as wim, I am as om.

Also what I like is we say yarn instead of yours and marn for mine.
Original post by rileyj
Thank you :wink: Yeah, I don't always pronounce it as yowm/yarm I usually pronounce it as yome; similarly I pronounce he is as iz, she is as shiz, they are as just them i.e. them gooin on oliday, we are as wim, I am as om.

Also what I like is we say yarn instead of yours and marn for mine.

Amazing. I really miss my brummy accent. Hearing brummy/black country accents cheers me up no end.
Reply 125
Amazing. I really miss my brummy accent. Hearing brummy/black country accents cheers me up no end.

haha :--) the first time I saw someone close to me on the x-factor was this year just gone, Relley C. She is a brummy and hearing her accent made me smile.
Original post by rileyj
haha :--) the first time I saw someone close to me on the x-factor was this year just gone, Relley C. She is a brummy and hearing her accent made me smile.

My mum speaks a bit like that :smile:
Reply 127
So much hate for scousers!! Would you be put off someone because of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brum, geordie, scouse, manc, yorkshire, lancashire, horrible somerset pirate accents are terrible and people with these accents should be forced to adopt a different accent.

Also Portuguese/brazillian, russian, and greek languages sound horrible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Maura Kat
liverpudlian

[video="youtube;POO7RbQlbZ4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POO7RbQlbZ4[/video]

I want some chikhen and a khan of khoke
Original post by Another
One half of mine alike! I must say though my perception may be tainted by the absolute cows of Nigerians that I've met in the past. The one's I've met in university though (literally... one) have been lovely.

They are lovely people haha. Obviously there will be cows! (Nearly all the time) but deep down, there's love :tongue:
Reply 131
Original post by Secretnerd123
I want some chikhen and a khan of khoke

Noone speaks like that ha
Original post by hl7495
Noone speaks like that ha

Watch the vid. People from liverpool speak like this
Reply 133

I am from liverpool thats exagerated deffo wannabe scousers from birkenhead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134

No they dont hahaha only people doing a scouse accent do that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birmingham for sure.
Geordie
Essex
Liverpool
American
Maybe it's because I'm a Southerner, but a fair few accents in the North of England aren't pleasant on the ear. Geordie accents are sort of an exception because they can be quite comical to me.
The only American accents I like are the ones from Minnesota.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest