Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Cantonese or Mandarin/Putonghua accent. :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I love the black country dialect!
    it's a very lazy dialect to say the least lmao, it can be very hard to understand unless people are fairly local. One problem is that I am hopefully going to be a teacher so I really need to concentrate when I'm speaking in interviews and at school experience so that what I'm saying is actually understandable.

I find it funny how people from different places have different ways of pronouncing 'I', I know that here we pronounce it as 'o' in lower case. 'o doe no' = idk lmAo

ReputationRep:
    Northern English accents without exception sound awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileyj)
    it's a very lazy dialect to say the least lmao, it can be very hard to understand unless people are fairly local. One problem is that I am hopefully going to be a teacher so I really need to concentrate when I'm speaking in interviews and at school experience so that what I'm saying is actually understandable.

I find it funny how people from different places have different ways of pronouncing 'I', I know that here we pronounce it as 'o' in lower case. 'o doe no' = idk lmAo
    The black country dialect is actually the closest to Old English so congratulations on speaking 'properly'

The phrase I love is you'm (pronounced yowm) instead of you are

ReputationRep:
    The black country dialect is actually the closest to Old English so congratulations on speaking 'properly'

The phrase I love is you'm (pronounced yowm) instead of you are
    Thank you Yeah, I don't always pronounce it as yowm/yarm I usually pronounce it as yome; similarly I pronounce he is as iz, she is as shiz, they are as just them i.e. them gooin on oliday, we are as wim, I am as om.

Also what I like is we say yarn instead of yours and marn for mine.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Yeah, I don't always pronounce it as yowm/yarm I usually pronounce it as yome; similarly I pronounce he is as iz, she is as shiz, they are as just them i.e. them gooin on oliday, we are as wim, I am as om.

Also what I like is we say yarn instead of yours and marn for mine.
    Amazing. I really miss my brummy accent. Hearing brummy/black country accents cheers me up no end.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing. I really miss my brummy accent. Hearing brummy/black country accents cheers me up no end.
    haha :--) the first time I saw someone close to me on the x-factor was this year just gone, Relley C. She is a brummy and hearing her accent made me smile.

ReputationRep:
    haha :--) the first time I saw someone close to me on the x-factor was this year just gone, Relley C. She is a brummy and hearing her accent made me smile.
    My mum speaks a bit like that

ReputationRep:
    So much hate for scousers!! Would you be put off someone because of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brum, geordie, scouse, manc, yorkshire, lancashire, horrible somerset pirate accents are terrible and people with these accents should be forced to adopt a different accent.

Also Portuguese/brazillian, russian, and greek languages sound horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maura Kat)
    liverpudlian

I want some chikhen and a khan of khoke
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    One half of mine alike! I must say though my perception may be tainted by the absolute cows of Nigerians that I've met in the past. The one's I've met in university though (literally... one) have been lovely.
    They are lovely people haha. Obviously there will be cows! (Nearly all the time) but deep down, there's love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    I want some chikhen and a khan of khoke
    Noone speaks like that ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    Noone speaks like that ha
    Watch the vid. People from liverpool speak like this

ReputationRep:
    I am from liverpool thats exagerated deffo wannabe scousers from birkenhead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No they dont hahaha only people doing a scouse accent do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham for sure.
    Geordie
    Essex
    Liverpool
    American

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's because I'm a Southerner, but a fair few accents in the North of England aren't pleasant on the ear. Geordie accents are sort of an exception because they can be quite comical to me.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The only American accents I like are the ones from Minnesota.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.