Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DErasmus)
    As I have already said your sophistry might look good but once drugs are legalised the negative effects will be out there for all to see. I don't really care for putting forward arguments since they're inferior to reality (whether or not i can justify gravity is irrelevant to the outcome, not to mention they are inferior in that they're simply manipulated justifications for rash behaviour).
    That was a very poor response to be honest. You're just refusing to even give any arguments because you say you don't seem to think they are of any importance. Whether you actually believe that or if that is your answer since you don't have an argument to stand on I cannot say.

Do you think politicians and the people who decide whether or not laws change go about it as meekly as you? Saying that there is no point discussing it as it is inferior? If you want things to go how you perceive to be best voicing your opinions and rationale for those opinions is the first step.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone that doesn't. Its a complete no-brainer. Even if you're concerned about the side-effects, they would be much easier to monitor and study if it was legalised and legislated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    This is only true for people who started smoking cannabis when they were under 18 and continued using it into adulthood so heavily that it was classified as an addiction. Also, other studies have found flaws in the original study.
    Noted, I wasn't aware of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_blue)
    I'm not trying to appear all hippy stoner here and talk about how weed is gonna save the world- I'm only 17 lol.
    As someone that occasionally smokes weed, anywhere between several joints a day to several months without it, it's not had a detrimental effect on anything in my life. I still get good grades and I've not experienced any bad side effects, so why should I be labeled a stoner? It's not like anybody who has a drink is labelled an alcoholic, so what's all the bad press about with weed?
    The money that we make as an economy from putting a seriously high tax on weed and then selling it would be amazing, it could go towards the nhs or cancer research. Crime would be reduced as well.
    Ok I'll stop ranting now, basically I want to hear your thoughts, and do you smoke weed yourself?
    No, but it's use should be decriminalised. I smoked it for ten years, everyday, but I don't touch it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Sure. Plenty of things that are not good for people are legal and socially acceptable to eat, drink and smoke. I see no reason why people shouldn't be legally allowed to smoke weed. I don't smoke it, but people should be able to if they wish.
    This, basically.

If tobacco is allowed then there is no excuse for weed not being allowed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.