Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free


    I got a conditional offer from Portsmouth and now I'm wondering which halls I might choose. I want an en-suite room so my question is which en-suite halls are closest to the uni? And which are more quiet and peaceful as I am not that party person?
    Also, do I need to get unconditional offer first and then to apply for accomodation? I am worried that I will receive my results late (in June) so there's a chance that I won't get a place in any uni halls.


    (Original post by Phoenix Boom)
    Second year here.

    I'm also available for any particular questions about Halls, night life, general living and any other general questions.

    Name is Ross and will be studying my second year of Criminology and Criminal Justice in September. For my first year, I lived in James Watson and was pretty active with some societies.

    In addition, I would like to give caution to people about buying tickets for events during Fresher's week. Depending on how much drink you can handle in a week, I would only recommend buying the Fresher's pack as you'll have plenty of opportunity to buy more event tickets when you collect the pack. They'll normally try to sell people discount cards, weekly event tickets in particular night clubs and unnecessary extras.

    You find that normally most people go out constantly during the first half of the Fresher's week and slow down after Thursday. I also recommend not buying the Boat party ticket. It's pretty expensive and drinks while on board aren't cheaper. Plus, you'll find that most people won't have tickets for it as they sell out pretty quick so finding people to go with can be a challenge.
    Can you tell me about the accommodations at Portsmouth? I'm an international student from the US and i won't be able to see the University until I have come over for classes. I want self-catered because from what I've seen I'd have to be on time for meals at catered and I can't guarantee between work and studying or etc. Are any of the accommodations by the sea side nice? I was reading that some have bug problems and mold? What is your opinion of the best places to live at the Uni. And will I have a problem staying on campus for all three years? I would like to do so because I'm international as I said earlier. Thank you for answering!
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.