Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h0ffers)
    Okay guys, so I got an offer from Nottingham Trent today!
    ....but it's for animal biology that I didn't even apply for!?!? the letter on my UCAS track says it's an "alternative course" from the one I applied for (vet nursing) so I'm wondering if Nottingham trent have filled up all their places or??? I'm gonna ring admissions tomorrow and ask! Slightly confused right now!:confused:

(But at least it's still an offer I suppose!)
    I got the same thing about 3 weeks ago so places can't have been filled that quickly.
    My guess is they offered a higher degree BSc rather than an FdSc because our grades were paticularly high (NTU was a last resort for me, I applied for BSc everywhere else). FdScs are looking for Ds and Cs minimum.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=yuppp;51836099]Thanks yeah we get a tour around the campus as well but I didn't know about the practical, that's even better! Is it a group interview or individual?[/QUOTE

Individual as far as I know but the practical is exciting!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jamie_11_x;51903243]
    (Original post by yuppp)
    Thanks yeah we get a tour around the campus as well but I didn't know about the practical, that's even better! Is it a group interview or individual?[/QUOTE

Individual as far as I know but the practical is exciting!
    Do you know what the practical is going to be by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the reason why NTU gave me an alternative course offer was because I hadn't put where I had worked or the dates in my personal statement and so they couldn't offer me a place on the course! (which seems a bit silly if you ask me!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h0ffers)
    Apparently the reason why NTU gave me an alternative course offer was because I hadn't put where I had worked or the dates in my personal statement and so they couldn't offer me a place on the course! (which seems a bit silly if you ask me!)
    Are you joking?!
    I had no room I had 4000 characters and 47 lines filled completely. Isn't it a waste of space to write down every day/length of time for each placement?
    Gosh rather annoyed now :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheen)
    Are you joking?!
    I had no room I had 4000 characters and 47 lines filled completely. Isn't it a waste of space to write down every day/length of time for each placement?
    Yes, my thoughts exactly I spent ages trying to cram it all in!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=yuppp;51904899]
    (Original post by Jamie_11_x)

Do you know what the practical is going to be by any chance?
    No idea! But we will find out in 10 days time!!

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS application got sent off to my uni choices last Saturday so now it is just a waiting game. I applied to Harper Adams, Edinburgh Napier, West Anglia and Middlesex for BSc and RVC for a foundation, I know that it is probably the best place to go but I was not so keen on the feel of the campus. Harper Adams is probably my favourite place but I really liked Napier and West Anglia as well.

ReputationRep:
    Are you joking?!
    No, wish I was! I COMPLETELY agree with you though! It's a waste of characters! It's so stupid, particularly when Harper and Hartpury have sent me paperwork to fill out my work experience history.

Your personal statement should be about you, not your work experience

ReputationRep:
    Heyyah guys!

I applied to do Vet Nursing at Napier last year (when i was in 5th year) but was unsuccessful, so here I go for round 2! :P

I haven't sent of my application yet but will do it soon.

Does anyone know how applying for the college courses in Scotland works?

Also has anyone been thinking about student accommodation in Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuppp)
    Thanks yeah we get a tour around the campus as well but I didn't know about the practical, that's even better! Is it a group interview or individual?

Hi Yupp
    I havent been on here for awhile. How is work experience going? Did any of the places I recommended check out? How did your A levels go? did you get good grades. I know Nottingham University do a 6 year course (D190) for anybody that get lower grades, but, places are limited. I see you have an interview for Vet Nursing, are you still thinking of doing Vet. Medicine after the course if you cant get a Vet Medicine Course. Where have you applied. Good Luck with the interview.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from NOTTINGHAM TRENT for veterinary nursing!!!! Soooo excited and happy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie_11_x)
    just got an offer from nottingham trent for veterinary nursing!!!! Soooo excited and happy!!! :d
    me too!!! Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats
    Anyone else had the work experience questionnaire from RVC? Finally heard from them!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats
    Anyone else had the work experience questionnaire from RVC? Finally heard from them!!
    Thank you! Yeah I've sent if off! Not had a confirmation email or anything though

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Collage of West Anglia and have an interview for Harper Adams in January, the email looks like you really have to know your stuff, is there anyone that has already done the interview and what kind of things were you asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyinLaLaLand)
    I got an offer from Collage of West Anglia and have an interview for Harper Adams in January, the email looks like you really have to know your stuff, is there anyone that has already done the interview and what kind of things were you asked?
    I am currently a 3rd year VN at harper adams and the interviews are really relaxed. The kind of stuff they will ask will be really basic and stuff that you should have learnt from work experience. I think as long as you think about what you learnt while in practice you will fine
    If you have any questions about the course or anything I will happily answer.

Alice

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to university, I've decided to go with the route of day release course and be trained in a practice alongside going to a college one day per week, is anyone else doing this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie_11_x)
    Just got an offer from NOTTINGHAM TRENT for veterinary nursing!!!! Soooo excited and happy!!!
    Congratulations!!!! 👏🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for the RVC on January 12th I've not had a multi station type interview before so I'm a little worried because I don't know how to prepare for it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.