Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's official, the UK is the gayest nation in Europe! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Moved to this thread so as not to derail t’other one

Good to know, but there are those out there who are: A) Pro-gay (agenda); B) Talk about ‘gay pride’ (inference being that being gay is something to be proud of e.g. a good thing, a badge of honour). I am not such a person, was the point I was making, and hence I am not beating the drum for homosexuality in critiquing Islamic doctrine/dogma with regard to homosexuals

Perhaps one day we’ll get there

What I conceive of as ‘natural’ is what is the norm, in nature, among homo sapiens (particularly pre-sedantarism) and comparable primate species a la behaviours surrounding our biological raison d’être (impetus to procreate)

I am a pragmatist/realist, so our essential beings, and purpose, (ecologically thriving and surviving) is of primary concern to me (extends to concerns over human mental/physical health, animal welfare, and the environment). Also, my understanding of human (psycho)physiology inclines me to believe that (normal) individuals are (naturally) programmed to have the urge to mate with a virile/fertile partner with whom they may conceive life. Were this not to be the case then a given species would become extinct (pre-advent of central planning + UVF etc)

Medical procedures that support life, especially those that work with some of nature’s miracles in the healing stakes, are very much congruent with the personal philosophy I have touched on above. I am quite the liberal use of synthetic/chemical agents btw, and think the pharmaceutical industry is gross

Many species exhibit forced sex and/or cannibalism, it’s true, but I’m not convinced this is/was particularly pervasive among pre-linguistic/societal homo sapiens groups and bands of comparable primate species really

You could argue that the capitalistic systems in which the demand for charitable work has been created are, themselves, abominations of the laws of nature

That’s a question for you, not for me. I’m abnormal in a number of respects myself, and do not feel the need to appeal to normality/win anyone’s approval for my ‘different’ life choices

Depends on the kind of society you live in e.g. one that embraces/works with/protects/celebrates ‘diversity’ vs. a bigoted environment. Generally speaking, ‘difference’ (from the norm) only becomes problematic when it is viewed as some kind of threat and is allowed to become a basis for division

I’m afraid you’re wrong, as normative transition/the normalisation of unusual (psychological) behaviours is, inherently, a phasic phenomenon (contingent on a shift from social stigma to broad acceptance/tolerance in the context of human nature coloured by stubborn quirks of behavioural psychology such as conditioning, imprinting, and loss aversion)

I would have thought so too, but I would prefer to pilot gay adoption rather than simply rolling the dice where the welfare of large numbers of vulnerable/disadvantaged children at delicate stages of development is concerned

It wouldn’t, necessarily (as above), be any worse but I have my reservations about:

A) Development in the absence of clear masculine and feminine role models (not limited to gay adoption e.g. see awful outcomes for children a la fatherless crisis)

B) The suitability of a large portion of people within the LGBT community regarding the provision of safe, stable, and secure parenting environments
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (unfortunately I can’t go into detail here as it would be considered upsetting/offensive but suffice to say it relates to my personal experience with many members of this community and fairly intimate knowledge of the various demons that they face)

Unfortunately there is more to healthy parenting than hands on deck, time and money

'Marriage' can be a game of ping pong on a Mars space station for all I care. In my country, founded on Judeo-Christian moral/institutional tenets, I would have liked to have thought that it was a sacrosanct, life long union of a man and a woman that paves the way, ideally, for the creation of a stable, secure, loving environment in which to raise a family

So does civil partnership

So does civil partnership

Yes, and we are, traditionally speaking and for the time being at least, not a homosexual culture and society I’m afraid

Sure, until the EU or some other barmy body with a warped sense of progressivist zeal decides otherwise

In short: social friction vs. sustainability. Egalitarianism is best sustained by measured changes. The failure of state multiculturalism is a fantastic example of how spectacularly wrong things can go if you rush them

I have no idea but am aware that those supporting positive same-sex 'guidance' are gaining traction centrally

Standalone stats like that must be carefully interpreted, for sure. For further info, see the source | Youguv
    I can't reply right now sorry; don't have the time. I'll try to reply later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I can't reply right now sorry; don't have the time. I'll try to reply later.
    Oki doodles

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Sacked Christian magistrate Richard Page suspended from Kent NHS trust

Richard Page was struck off after he told the BBC it would be better for a man and a woman to adopt

He has been suspended as non-executive director by Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT).

Mr Page said it was no longer possible to be a Christian and maintain a role in public life.

Apparently, like mine, his social concern relates to the fact that: 'there is not enough research on the impact having gay parents has on children'

The establishment is pushing the religion of 'progressive' liberalism & political correctness vs. doing this to those who follow the established church

ReputationRep:
    sigh, im moving

ReputationRep:
    any -est suffix is something to be proud of

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Sacked Christian magistrate Richard Page suspended from Kent NHS trust

Richard Page was struck off after he told the BBC it would be better for a man and a woman to adopt

He has been suspended as non-executive director by Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT).

Mr Page said it was no longer possible to be a Christian and maintain a role in public life.

Apparently his view relates to the fact that: 'there is not enough research on the impact having gay parents has on children'. That the establishment is pushing the religion of 'progressive liberalism' et. political correctness so hard that they are willing to play fast and loose with orphans, and to do this to those whose only sin has been to follow the established church, and to have and to share legitimate social concerns in a measured manner, and at Easter? Utterly shameful!
    Looks like he had the "wrong view" and unfortunately aired it publically. And they say this is country where you can have freedom of thought. This country is ashamed of Christian principles which makes it all the more hilarious when the Prime Minister speaks of Britain being a Christian country how its values must be defended.
    Just another example of the UK's identity crisis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    sigh, im moving
    Not quite sure how to interpret this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    any -est suffix is something to be proud of
    Laziest? Tightest? Craziest?

ReputationRep:
    wow I didn't know for my country ,Belgium *o*

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to thank me it's an honour just to be gay

ReputationRep:
    Amazing news.

Proud to be British. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    That's kind of cool but I'm quite surprised that Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland are below us

ReputationRep:

Apparently, like mine, his social concern relates to the fact that: 'there is not enough research on the impact having gay parents has on children'

The establishment is pushing the religion of 'progressive' liberalism & political correctness vs. doing this to those who follow the established church
    Haven't there been quite a few studies done already and the results show there was no difference between those raised by homosexual couples and those raised by heterosexual couples?
    http://whatweknow.law.columbia.edu/t...sbian-parents/

ReputationRep:
    The gayest country in Europe? LOL! That's embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    The gayest country in Europe? LOL! That's embarrassing.
    How so?

That doesn't literally mean 'gayest', it means least discriminatory towards LGBTs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasbara Habibi)
    How so?

That doesn't literally mean 'gayest', it means least discriminatory towards LGBTs.
    Oh, I see. So the UK merely wins the award for being nicest to gays. I wonder who runs away with the award for actual gayness (in number of actual Cadbury's merchants per capita terms)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Oh, I see. So the UK merely wins the award for being nicest to gays.
    Yes, and I think that is something to be very proud of.

I wonder who runs away with that award for actual gayness (in number of actual Cadbury's merchants per capita terms)
    Apparently Australia are the 'world's gayest country', can't find who wins in Europe, though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasbara Habibi)
    Yes, and I think that is something to be very proud of.

Apparently Australia are the 'world's gayest country', can't find who wins in Europe, though...
    Really? Who'd have thought that a country founded by hardened criminals would become the gayest in the world? I'm surprised. Shows what 200 years can do. I'd love to see Kevin Bloody Wilson make a song out of this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    they say this is country where you can have freedom of thought
    "..as long as it doesn't upset or offend anyone"

This country is ashamed of Christian principles which makes it all the more hilarious when the Prime Minister speaks of Britain being a Christian country how its values must be defended
    Very true. Apparently Cameron meant his own particular brand of 'Christianity' :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale comes out and proudly declares: 'Scotland's parliament is the gayest in the world' :mmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.