Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really bad experiences with GP surgery watch

She keeps giving me the same crap every time telling me how many patients shes got, like its my problem. Urgh. Luckily she agrees that the arrangement of seeing her twice a week isn't working, but I dont know if that means I can still be seen in an as and when needed basis. I think I need to change surgery.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see you survived that upset stomach without the GP appointment, something to ponder

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    I'm glad to see you survived that upset stomach without the GP appointment, something to ponder

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I cant trust that ill be seen at this surgery if I ever have a condition that needs medical treatment. The receptionits aren't equipped to decide who needs an appointment and who doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She keeps giving me the same crap every time telling me how many patients shes got, like its my problem. Urgh. Luckily she agrees that the arrangement of seeing her twice a week isn't working, but I dont know if that means I can still be seen in an as and when needed basis. I think I need to change surgery.
    I suspect that as someone already receiving two appointments per week (I am astounded that they offered this in the first place), you're probably a patient who is continually unsatisfied. I'm sure they will be relieved to hear that you want to leave given the amount of resources you are already consuming.

(Original post by shiggydiggy)
    I suspect that as someone already receiving two appointments per week (I am astounded that they offered this in the first place), you're probably a patient who is continually unsatisfied. I'm sure they will be relieved to hear that you want to leave given the amount of resources you are already consuming.
    I would be satisfied if they didnt discriminate against me and treated me like any other patient like they're supposed to. I have nothing more to say to you.

ReputationRep:
    I would be satisfied if they didnt discriminate against me and treated me like any other patient like they're supposed to. I have nothing more to say to you.
    Your gp cannot treat you exactly like any other patient because you do not show the same behaviour as other patients. Your gp will be treating you in the same way as they would treat a patient who frequently attends the surgery when they do not need medical treatment - trying to reassure them but to get them to understand that this prevents someone who is really ill being seen. I really doubt that changing surgery is going to improve the way you are treated.

You might find it useful to join a support group like this one https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/about-a...health-anxiety and to practise the methods in this booklet to try and think about your health less often http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypocho...%20%202010.pdf

Ultimately you are the only person who can change the way you think. I really believe that you would find extra magnesium helpful in dealing with your anxiety. Eat a healthy diet, take fish oil or flaxseed oil and when you feel anxious take some exercise while focusing on the exercise not on your worries. You can learn to control this but daily visits to your gp will not actually help you.

(Original post by parentlurker)
    Your gp cannot treat you exactly like any other patient because you do not show the same behaviour as other patients. Your gp will be treating you in the same way as they would treat a patient who frequently attends the surgery when they do not need medical treatment - trying to reassure them but to get them to understand that this prevents someone who is really ill being seen. I really doubt that changing surgery is going to improve the way you are treated.

You might find it useful to join a support group like this one https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/about-a...health-anxiety and to practise the methods in this booklet to try and think about your health less often http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypocho...%20%202010.pdf

Ultimately you are the only person who can change the way you think. I really believe that you would find extra magnesium helpful in dealing with your anxiety. Eat a healthy diet, take fish oil or flaxseed oil and when you feel anxious take some exercise while focusing on the exercise not on your worries. You can learn to control this but daily visits to your gp will not actually help you.
    Well I disagree. And I dont think magnesium or oil or any other such nonsense will cure me.

ReputationRep:
    Well I disagree. And I dont think magnesium or oil or any other such nonsense will cure me.
    Then you have no desire to get better. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...nal-chill-pill

Then you have no desire to get better. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...nal-chill-pill
    I do, but you just dont know the **** I go through every day of my life and you think theres an easy cure. I wouldn't have gone through so many talking therapies and medications if I didnt want to get better, but its just put of my nature im afraid.
    Whats the link for? Is that supposed to be some kind of insult?

I do, but you just dont know the **** I go through every day of my life and you think theres an easy cure. I wouldn't have gone through so many talking therapies and medications if I didnt want to get better, but its just put of my nature im afraid.
    *part of my nature

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary, it's supposed to show that there are things that would help you. Any further comment will be ignored as you are simply attention seeking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CemCakantemur)
    Receptionists are always very angry, they get bored of their job and sulk that they couldn't become doctors.
    Are you being deliberately obtuse and crass?

On the contrary, it's supposed to show that there are things that would help you. Any further comment will be ignored as you are simply attention seeking.
    Whatever you say, I dont need your comments if they're going to be unhelpful. Have a nice life.

ReputationRep:
    They just refused to give me an appointment. I was advised to make an appt urgently.
    Why do you need two apppointments a week? Seems very bizarre.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.