Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by fojodef)
    yea but your weird. like why would u need to say that anonymously?

i can tell your nigerian due to the egotistical flex of bragging how cultured n what not.

preference might be racist but everyone has it. n most ppl who say they dont are just dishonest with themselves. as far as taste goes we can always pick our faves its human nature.

as for your points about hair. you don't have to put weave in to grow your hair. and i've met girls that say they're doing that yet basically never have their natural hair out.

i think the black community has been taking care of their natural hair a little longer than 5 years. black people dont have swedish blonde hair unless their albino. and that black with blond hair is rarer than black people with brown gingery hair. you only really catch latino mix puerto ricans with that hair.

also white girls get hair extensions that looks like its their hair.

theyre not putting afro weave in. it all looks naturally possible. and commonly possible.

black people dont have blonde hair unless their mixed race or latino.

all these things your claiming are fashion are to try and make you look more racially ambiguous and less black. thats why.
    I chose to be anonymous for my personal reason, you can think of it however you want.

Anecdotal insult: Check
    Accusation: Check
    Assumption: Check
    Ad hominem: Check
    Argumentum ad populum based on your perceived assumption which you think is fact: Check

I won't state my "race", which is what you want :lol: because "race" is a social construct and I am a Christian, as one, we are not supposed to categorise people by their "race" because we are all made in God's image. You could choose to laugh at this, due to tsr being mostly filled with atheists but I don't really care.

I don't have any hangups about someone's "race", seems simplistic but we all have red blood and during a blood transfusion to save a person's life, only the blood type matters, not the donor's "race" (How I despise that stupid "race" term).

I for one, do not have a preference and no I am not being dishonest, I hate dishonesty. Well, I put blonde hair because it suits my skin colour the most out of other colours of hair type. And it is ridiculous that you and everyone else assume a person is "racially ambiguous and less black" for it. Next, you will be telling me that anyone with a lighter skin tone is not black, I beg to differ because members of my family who are not mixed have a lighter skin tone with grey and blue'green eyes and they are 100% black from mother Africa. Just because it is rare does not mean it can't occur. I know it is off topic but wanted to state that anyways.

Caucasian and japanese girls "perm" their hair to make it straight and nothing is said about it. If the blonde hair suits one skin tone and is not tacky, I see no problem with it. I for one could care less about what other people think of the hair colour I have on my hair, because it is not only one's hair, but one's life at the end of the day and living your life to please others doesn't grant one satisfaction.

Just because you have relationships with black girls or with black people does not make you "enlightened", educated or whatever about black people. Until you are black yourself, you won't understand what it means being black. As the parable goes "'Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches". You have some hang ups about black girls/people even though you think of yourself as being liberal and not "racist" for having relationships with them, do sort them out. Last time I checked, one can still be racist even though they have "black" friends, not that I am calling you a "racist" I was just stating a fact.

NB: To Caucasian boys, the black girls I see (personally speaking, and not fact), could care less about how a person of a certain race thinks about them :lol:. Although there are some black girls that do have a "preference" for them. Just because you find many black girls making threads about being attracted to Caucasian boys, does not make this the norm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    Ah fair enough, I hope your hair grows fast so it's at a length you're happy to wear it at
    I once shaved my hair off as a joke and just went around with an alien head no ****s given at all. People probably thought I had cancer or something lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    Ah fair enough, I hope your hair grows fast so it's at a length you're happy to wear it at
    yea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    I'm white (Irish/English)
    1. Mediterranean because their colouring, eyes and face shape is the most attractive to me.
    2. Black or asian because it would leave me open to racism from both white people and minorities. However it would not put me off completely, I would just be more wary
    3. I like some not others. Physically some (Oluchi Onweagba) are stunning while others (Alek Wek) are not at all.
    4. I don't have any problem with black girls themselves, the problem is that a white male dating a black girl (at least I assume) would be difficult because people would always be on my back for it. Having been told by some for much of my life that the white male is the most evil predator on the planet, while black women are the perpetual victims of my 'kind' is it surprising that I would feel very uncomfortable being in a position where I could cause harm or upset to one?
    Alrigh thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    To clarify point 4, I have been surprised by how racially aware a lot of black people are. I grew up with people who just didn't care about race whether they were white or not. I understand why it is but if I dated a black girl I would want to be treated like any other man, not Oscar Schindler on the path to redemption.
    Exactly, i hate voicing it out because of all the to condemning i get but, black people come of as too racially aware, its not necessarily a bad thing sometimes but most times it makes them hostile, i mean its good to be proud of your color but i wish people didn't use it to promote separatism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    I once shaved my hair off as a joke and just went around with an alien head no ****s given at all. People probably thought I had cancer or something lmao.
    Lol :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewduncan)
    tbh as much as i love black girls from time like 95 percent of black women are walking around with asian hair its definitely a self hate issue no two ways about it .
    All this black hair is "hard" to maintain and "its a protective style" is a cop out.
    We are the only race that does it and it is not normal behaviour.
    And lets be real about things for a second,the vast vast majority of asian and white girls and other races do NOT wear weave,im taking like 90 plus percent where as near enough all black women do.
    Sure if there is an important social event,a prestigious gathering of some sort then yes other races they might wear extensions but black women are the only ones walking around with asian hair like its their own.
    Also when a white or other races gets extensions they are getting hair that matches their hair texture.Black women are walking around with asian hair.
    We are not flipping asian.nothing about us is asian.our hair grows up not down.
    Imagine if white girls started walking outside their house wearing afros.Everyone will be looking at them like are these girls actually crazy or mentally ill.This is not normal behaviour.
    Its self hate
    I think people have the right to choose what they want to do with their hair. If I feel more comfortable in weaves then I don't get why thats anybody's business. I don't hate myself, I just prefer wearing weaves. You don't hate yourself if you wear make-up, you don't hate yourself if you tan so why do you hate yourself self if you wear weaves? I find natural hair beautiful and I admire those that can pull it off but I also think weave looks really nice on other people and I don't think not having natural hair is actually a problem.

Too many people are self-righteous about hair, its just hair, its not a big deal. You aren't suddenly trying to become white if you decide to have weave instead of natural hair. Its exactly the same as saying people who tan are trying to become a different race, no they are just doing what they feel looks nice. The tan doesn't make them black or Latino or whatever just like how the weave doesn't stop someone from being black. Being black isn't about natural hair, or whatever, being black is about being black.

Basically what I'm trying to say is let people do what they want.

ReputationRep:
    Reading this thread Ive come across many generalizations about Black girls . Some about Nigerian girls Personally I am a Nigerian Yoruba Girl and im quite hurt and disappointed about some opinions some people have on us . there are Ugly people and Good looking people from every race and you cant just say a certain type of person is this you cant put people in a box like that . For me personally l dot prefer a specific race although i would like to marry a black guy as it would make my family proud (parents) but like im into anybody like and id like to think people dont think of me as a colour but just as a human being I dont understand why black girls have been set apart I think its all these videos and media outlet from AMERICA that doesnt at all give a fair representation of black girls in England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I prefer petite women, i'm just also generally not attracted.
    Do you think every black women is thick? :rolleyes:

I've met plenty of petite black women, infact I'm one of them. Fair enough about the generally not attracted to them point but I don't think 'prefering petite women' means you don't like black women since plenty of black females don't have big bums and have quite a petite frame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Nah not everyone is like you. See Buddhism. It's an entire philosophy with followers devoted to basically not being ignorant and judgmental like you are. To sum it up in a few words.

Pretty classic stereotype you're following. Reads a few studies online, meets a few people, thinks they know everything about everyone in the world. Naah.
    so your calling me ignorant and judgemental and then being ignorant and judgemental?

let me guess you havent noticed how you are being so?

you've just said i read a few studies met a few people and think i know everything about everyone int he world.

thats totally judgemental and incorrect.

i never claimed that.

i have my own personal judgements from my own experiences.

also buddhism is about trying to fight our nature. buddhist dont just stop being judgmental or doing negative things cause their a buddhist.

they have a goal they strive for.

even the dalai lama has admitted he has faults in this way. but he remains self control goes back meditates and extinguishes those fires within himself.

so youve also wrongly and ignorantly judged buddhism by not being aware that they have goals to strive for rather than just happening to cure themselves of negativity by default of worshiping their religion.

they all strive for enlightenment it doesnt meant they get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    Forgotten the list but I go for white girls, would like to go for black girls but don't because of attitude/racist families. Meeting her family would be the most terrifying day of my life.
    Honestly it's not that bad. For the most part black families are no more racist than white families.

I'd dread dating an indian girl and meeting their family though. The stereotypical ones will just disrespect me the second I walk in. It's a shame because they're quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I chose to be anonymous for my personal reason, you can think of it however you want.

Anecdotal insult: Check
    Accusation: Check
    Assumption: Check
    Ad hominem: Check
    Argumentum ad populum based on your perceived assumption which you think is fact: Check

I won't state my "race", which is what you want :lol: because "race" is a social construct and I am a Christian, as one, we are not supposed to categorise people by their "race" because we are all made in God's image. You could choose to laugh at this, due to tsr being mostly filled with atheists but I don't really care.

I don't have any hangups about someone's "race", seems simplistic but we all have red blood and during a blood transfusion to save a person's life, only the blood type matters, not the donor's "race" (How I despise that stupid "race" term).

I for one, do not have a preference and no I am not being dishonest, I hate dishonesty. Well, I put blonde hair because it suits my skin colour the most out of other colours of hair type. And it is ridiculous that you and everyone else assume a person is "racially ambiguous and less black" for it. Next, you will be telling me that anyone with a lighter skin tone is not black, I beg to differ because members of my family who are not mixed have a lighter skin tone with grey and blue'green eyes and they are 100% black from mother Africa. Just because it is rare does not mean it can't occur. I know it is off topic but wanted to state that anyways.

Caucasian and japanese girls "perm" their hair to make it straight and nothing is said about it. If the blonde hair suits one skin tone and is not tacky, I see no problem with it. I for one could care less about what other people think of the hair colour I have on my hair, because it is not only one's hair, but one's life at the end of the day and living your life to please others doesn't grant one satisfaction.

Just because you have relationships with black girls or with black people does not make you "enlightened", educated or whatever about black people. Until you are black yourself, you won't understand what it means being black. As the parable goes "'Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches". You have some hang ups about black girls/people even though you think of yourself as being liberal and not "racist" for having relationships with them, do sort them out. Last time I checked, one can still be racist even though they have "black" friends, not that I am calling you a "racist" I was just stating a fact.

NB: To Caucasian boys, the black girls I see (personally speaking, and not fact), could care less about how a person of a certain race thinks about them :lol:. Although there are some black girls that do have a "preference" for them. Just because you find many black girls making threads about being attracted to Caucasian boys, does not make this the norm.
    This. Very few of my friends would actually care. I have a few friends who are open to dating all different races so like white guys as well as black as well as Asian but majority of the black girls I know only like black guys and wouldn't really care if white guys (specially on an internet forum) thought they weren't attractive. I think a lot of people have started viewing black girls as victims who are all seeking approval from white guys but thats really not the case. Not all of us find it hard to get guys or are struggling in this dating world, in fact most of us don't even notice that we are the 'least attractive race'. I know when I was on a night out with my friend the other day, we were continually approached by asian guys, white guys etc. If it wasn't for TSR I wouldn't even think there was an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Where did I say I scream at people? I speak to whoever's next to me first or if someone approaches me/smiles. I literally will speak to anyone

Because you are saying that just because the person has no academic credentials their opinion is worthless, showing you've been blinded by a societal standard of superiority that grades and academia define intelligence (they don't, they define how willing you are to conform to a system and become nice little drones actually).
    right so when your sick you prefer unqualified medical staff to treat you?
    because qualifications are just conforming to the system?

cool.

also clearly my first attempt to explain this to you has not sunk in.

to repeat. i did not say it gauged intelligence. maybe that will sink in this time.

and yes i think a blogger who is not a scientists opinion is worthless in an evidenced scientific debate.

just as i think would doubt you would have anything of worth to contribute scientifically to curing cancer. & if you did have anything to say it be unqualified and worthless.

if i have some kind of unknown disease my mate who is not knowledgeable can give their opinion about what it is but its worthless. i would want a doctors opinion.

its a matter of certification. your not going to hire a scuba diver to design plans for your building that your about to construct.

does all of this make sense to you? or are you still struggling here?

ReputationRep:
    right so when your sick you prefer unqualified medical staff to treat you?
    because qualifications are just conforming to the system?

cool.

also clearly my first attempt to explain this to you has not sunk in.

to repeat. i did not say it gauged intelligence. maybe that will sink in this time.

and yes i think a blogger who is not a scientists opinion is worthless in an evidenced scientific debate.

just as i think would doubt you would have anything of worth to contribute scientifically to curing cancer. & if you did have anything to say it be unqualified and worthless.

if i have some kind of unknown disease my mate who is not knowledgeable can give their opinion about what it is but its worthless. i would want a doctors opinion.

its a matter of certification. your not going to hire a scuba diver to design plans for your building that your about to construct.

does all of this make sense to you? or are you still struggling here?
    You don't get it. What I'm saying here is not having the qualifications doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. They may, they may not. But it's not automatic. Then again I wouldn't expect anything less from someone as judgemental as yourself

Other users have also pointed out the error in what you're saying, are we all idiots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheea)
    Your job as a lawyer is to defend your client. So if I'm defending a drug lord since i wanted to be a criminal lawyer, ill have to look for loop holes to save the as of someone who is meant to be in jail. Law isn't about justice now its about winning.

well in my experience of law. i would never expect a lawyer to defend me from a crime. they are not suppose to get you off. not in the uk.

thats why you dont get gangsters in the uk being represented by lawyers. they usually represent themselves.

but isnt it more about you want to stop lads who are innocent or dont deserve prison from going in?

ReputationRep:
    so your calling me ignorant and judgemental and then being ignorant and judgemental?

let me guess you havent noticed how you are being so?

you've just said i read a few studies met a few people and think i know everything about everyone int he world.

thats totally judgemental and incorrect.

i never claimed that.

i have my own personal judgements from my own experiences.

also buddhism is about trying to fight our nature. buddhist dont just stop being judgmental or doing negative things cause their a buddhist.

they have a goal they strive for.

even the dalai lama has admitted he has faults in this way. but he remains self control goes back meditates and extinguishes those fires within himself.

so youve also wrongly and ignorantly judged buddhism by not being aware that they have goals to strive for rather than just happening to cure themselves of negativity by default of worshiping their religion.

they all strive for enlightenment it doesnt meant they get it.
    Nah I'm not struggling. And no I haven't wrongly and ignorantly judged Buddhism. And yes I have judged you but it wasn't an ignorant judgement. You ARE racist. You ARE prejudiced. I didn't make any assumptions like you have.

+ I didn't say I don't judge. I said I'm not racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheea)
    Well you seem very open minded so i guess i agree with what your saying, or at least i understand were you are coming from, i sorry Nigerian girls seem well off, i can't blame you for thinking that way, there are very few of us that actually want to be ourselves and not what the younger generations society, expects us to be.

About the lightening your skin thing, i know many confident dark skin girls that just don't want to be that way, the same way white girls tan to darken their skin, yes, many insecure dark skin girls try to become white, but i don't think you should associate skin lightening/bleaching with insecurity, it could be a choice of preference , some people feel good light, some people love being brown (me ) and some dark.
    @fojodef
    I'm Nigerian and I'm quite hurt that you wouldn't date one! I'm lovely!lol It depends really with who you come across. Some are too far up their arses tbh. I'm one of them girls that likes her skin colour and wouldn't bleach. I think its stupid to feel more confident if your skin is lighter but hey each to their own.

Black girls can be very immature and critical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissOvoxo)
    @fojodef
    I'm Nigerian and I'm quite hurt that you wouldn't date one! I'm lovely!lol It depends really with who you come across. Some are too far up their arses tbh. I'm one of them girls that likes her skin colour and wouldn't bleach. I think its stupid to feel more confident if your skin is lighter but hey each to their own.
    Your hurt because he doesn't like Nigerian girls jeez?

I think Nigerian girls aswell as Zimbabwe girls are the prettiest in Africa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vdoto)
    You think its self hate, where do you think that came from? Also just wondering, when you say asian hair are you just referring to straight hair? So if a white person with naturally straight hair got a perm to curl/put waves in their hair is that self hate?
    Anyway, I don't know why these type of threads keep appearing as if black girls need some sort of approval or something lol. Funny that some people seem to think they know what sort of attitude/personality I have and the way I think.

1) Any race
    3) We are all different, have different personalities. I'm not sure how else to answer this question lool.
    4) I don't know. Black people aren't the majority so other races may not have met a black person. So stereotypes can be an issue. Maybe cultural differences too. With that being said, I'm from London and have seen many white men/black women couples.
    It came from racist europeans.
    And not all white people are racist btw but since the first day we came in contact with white people dark skin has been considered ugly and light skinned better.Afro hair is "nappy" and ugly and straight hair considered better.
    Do you think if we were still in Africa black girls would be wearing weaves like this.
    The proofs in the pudding and everyone apart from black women can see it. I hear black women for days complaining about european beauty standards so you cant even deny it

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.