Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many of the 64 films in TSR's Movie Madness Comp have you seen? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    28,,, but none of the kiddy films in the last section :eek:
    Lol I'd seen them all in the kiddie section bar the last one!

ReputationRep:
    29, decent total I think

I feel like the only person my age that didn't grow up watching The Lion King hahaha

ReputationRep:
    inb4 "WHAT ABOUT FROZEN?!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Very nice! Which ones haven't you seen?

Got involved in the votes/discussions?
    Haven't seen:
    12 Angry Men
    Sunset Boulevard
    Singing in the Rain
    Casablanca
    North by Northwest
    How to Train Your Dragon

Not going to lie, I'm a little bummed there wasn't a foreign film category, I would have probably done pretty well on that in comparison to most people .

My new question is, Has ANYONE seen Mary & Max?
    Yes, it is brilliant .

ReputationRep:
    Go get involved now. This thread is in the movie madness subforum which pits movies head to head in battles to see which is best over the next 31 days resulting in a final "TSR most popular film" in 30 days time! There are 16 polls up at the moment to vote and discuss things in. 16 more go up Saturday.

Alright, cool. I'll do that.

Teh ranking were based off IMDB rankings then genres. There will always be some films missed off any list but you say overall it's pretty good so we're happy.
    Oh, right, I see. I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of the IMDB list but, yeah, it's pretty good.
    I'll go look at Movie Madness now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank the Tankk)
    inb4 "WHAT ABOUT FROZEN?!"
    Actually you're the first one to mention it in over 1000 posts about movie madness i think!

(Original post by mojojojo101)
    Haven't seen:
    12 Angry Men
    Sunset Boulevard
    Singing in the Rain
    Casablanca
    North by Northwest
    How to Train Your Dragon

Not going to lie, I'm a little bummed there wasn't a foreign film category, I would have probably done pretty well on that in comparison to most people .
    Yes, it is brilliant .
    HTTYD is good, i watched it about 10 days ago and really enjoyed it.

I think they would just all be eliminated quickly and most people would not have seen them.

Reckon it's better than Toy Story 3? That's it's first match-up...

Also, go vote/comment on the polls. there's in the subforum we're currently in!

This thread has more views/comments than any of the actual polls. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Actually you're the first one to mention it in over 1000 posts about movie madness i think!

HTTYD is good, i watched it about 10 days ago and really enjoyed it.

I think they would just all be eliminated quickly and most people would not have seen them.

Reckon it's better than Toy Story 3? That's it's first match-up...

Also, go vote/comment on the polls. there's in the subforum we're currently in!

This thread has more views/comments than any of the actual polls. :lol:
    Well, someone had to mention it haha...way too much hype around Frozen.

Although I will admit I actually enjoyed it

ReputationRep:
    Well, someone had to mention it haha...way too much hype around Frozen.

Although I will admit I actually enjoyed it
    :lol:

There was a lot of hype. Think we didn't watch any films from the last year or two in either as they tend to rank unfairly high due to just being recent.

I loved Frozen. Watched it twice and listened to the soundtrack approximately 1 billion times.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    So it takes 30 days to run? Do I win a prize if I can have watched all 64 films by the time the competition finishes? (The 11 I've not seen, not all 64 again!)

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

There was a lot of hype. Think we didn't watch any films from the last year or two in either as they tend to rank unfairly high due to just being recent.

I loved Frozen. Watched it twice and listened to the soundtrack approximately 1 billion times.
    That's a fair point...great films are the ones that stand the test of time so recent ones would skew the poll a bit.

Let It Go pretty much got me through my exams :lol:

ReputationRep:
    4 out of 64.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen 10 of them, doesn't seem a lot haha

ReputationRep:
    59/64

Not got round to Singin' in the Rain, Braveheart, HTTYD, WALL-E or Mary and Max yet.

ReputationRep:

Surprising considering I'm not really an avid film watcher

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Only 9...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure I've seen 21/64 in their entirety but seen bits of about the same number again.

ReputationRep:
    9 :/

ReputationRep:
    seriously where are the classic romcoms? There are tons of "classic" films that I've seen but aren't on this list!!

ReputationRep:
    That's a fair point...great films are the ones that stand the test of time so recent ones would skew the poll a bit.
    Yep, we had to have a few selection rules; one being that a film had to have been released no later than 2012. It's arbitrary, but it felt right. IIRC Avengers Assemble is about the most recent release in the competition.

We also had to narrow down over 20 IMDb genres into 8, which was a bit of a challenge. Especially when we decided to drop the Foreign Language group in favour of Animation; which in hindsight was the correct decision.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.