Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Only on TSR........... where people go through the technicalities of opening an envelope :rofl:

Good luck to all getting their results!

Was a painful moment last year but I checked UCAS track first and knew I got in, which took the pressure off me massively when it came down to checking my results on paper.

Oh shush! I bet you were also doing the same last year in your years thread And did it update before 9am then? I thought they said they update it much later in the afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    AS

expecting: BBB, don't even know about Physics maybe a C
    hoping for: ABBB/AABB

I cry when I do well and I cry when I do badly so it's safe to assume I'm going to cry and seeing as I'm expecting worse grades than I would have liked they'll probably be tears of sadness

ReputationRep:
    A2

Hoping for A*A*A, need AAA

Expecting AAA-A*A*A, no idea if i've done enough for A*s but oh well

I get them online so just go online and read

If I get at least AAA ill just be happy and in shock :P ill just relax to celebrate.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharpenedPencils)
    Oh shush! I bet you were also doing the same last year in your years thread And did it update before 9am then? I thought they said they update it much later in the afternoon?
    Here was when I checked last year:

Spoiler:
    Show

9.22am

I couldn't access UCAS any earlier as it wasn't letting me.

Take a look at this thread though:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2429909

I do know people were able to check Edexcel results plus to see their edexcel grades.

ReputationRep:
    AS, hoping for AABB, probably going to get ABBC, I'll open them straight away and then I have to go and enrol to start Year 13 at a different sixth form

ReputationRep:
    AS or A2 results?

AS

What are you hoping for?

A*AAAA

What are you expecting?

Really don't know...

How will you open them?

First time I have envelopes, yay for private school lol. I'm gonna breathe, open envelope, yank it out and scan it all.
    But I'm a retard with envelopes... So I'll probably rip through my results

How will you celebrate / react?

Depends. If I get A*AAAA with high ums I'll be smiling loads and loads and loads. If I get a B I'll be down for a bit, anything less and I'll be like wutttt

ReputationRep:
    Will open them with my girlfriend in the school toilets.

Either way, she's getting nailed.

ReputationRep:
    A2 Results :unimpressed:

Hoping for A*A*A

Expecting maybe AAB - although I'd love AAA especially in German.

On just going to go to college with friends and rip open my envelope.

After if I did bad I will go home and cry and if I did great than I will cry for a minute and then go out with friends, maybe a restaurant or just hang out

ReputationRep:
    AS

Hoping for ABB
    Expecting BCE

I'm sleeping at one of my friend's houses the night before so there's 3 of us going together to get them and I'm planning on hiding in a corner to open them.

I'm supposed to be going out for a meal with my family afterwards, regardless of whether the results are good or bad just to celebrate the fact that I actually sat the exams (extenuating circumstances meant I nearly dropped out.)

ReputationRep:
    A2

A*A*AA

ABBB

If track says I'm in I will open them in front of everyone and probably scream/cry. If I'm not in I'll grab the envelope and find an uninhabited part of school to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Results: AS

Hoping For: AAAA

Expecting: ABBC

How I will open them: With genuine fear, trepidation and probably the violent shakes

How I will react/celebrate: If they are good, run around the field at the back of my school like a lunatic. If they are not, cry in a corner and punch anyone who attempts to approach me.

ReputationRep:
    AS

Hoping for: ABBC

Expecting: Not very good-BBCE or even less

Will get into college early, collect my envelope, dodge any teachers, and run up to the top floor of the building and find a quiet place to open my results.

If they are good, I will phone my parents and talk with friends if they are around. If bad, will be upset, even though I expected it. Will hide for a few hours and talk options though with teachers before going home.

ReputationRep:
    AS

Hoping for: AAAA
    Expecting: AAAA or AAAB

I'll go the lounge hiding from everyone, avoid all the teachers and open it

ReputationRep:
    A2

Aiming for AAB or ABB

Likely to get ABC or BBC

Will find an empty classroom to open them probably

One way or another I'll be crying like a baby and drinking an excessive amount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharpenedPencils)
    X
    I know, I know, I'm scared of missing my dentistry offer by one grade because of the horror which was CH5.... The UKCAT was disgusting and I bet I'd get an even worse mark next time round, it was a miracle I got an offer in the first place.

Are you med or dent? Either way, I'm sure you'll do well (probably much better than you think!) and get into your firm! Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    Predicted: A* (History), A (Geography), B (Maths)

Expecting: B, B, U

My exam season was just four weeks of complete cluster****s. I've had a really tough year at home and struggled to balance my time/stupidly did not apply for special consideration, and by the time it came to my exams I was so exhausted that I trawled through them. My history exam should have been a walk in the park - usually I can write an A* grade essay in 30 mins -, Geography I put stupid answers and Maths...lets just say, if they were a person, they'd be Joffrey Baratheon.

How will I open them? Pensively and with my dagger letter opener (or my sword, which I may precede to fall on). If I find out before I go to school and get them that I haven't got in to uni, my parents are collecting the results for me.

I will react by doing shots. Either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)

AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

How will you celebrate / react?
    >A2 results
    >Hoping for grades that get me into uni
    >Expecting grades that don't get me into uni
    >I'll open them with a heavy heart
    >Depends on the result. If I miss my firm, I'll go through clearing or I might decide to take a year out and 'find myself'.

ReputationRep:
    I want ABB, though all I need is BBB and to be honest I'd be really happy with that too.

I'm expecting ACC though.

I'll probably be like " Meh, whatever " and then get drunk later. That's what I did with my terrible AS results last year lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWCW)
    Ah, well I don't think it went disastrously, but an A* is so difficult to get, and I do Japanese which is going to be a struggle at the best of times. Thank you though! What results are you waiting on?

UCAS won't show your results, but if it updates on time, there'll be a notification saying something like "Congratulations! Your place at [university] has been confirmed!" so you can guess at what your results are based on what university you go into.
    That, or it shows your clearing number.
    Ahh I see, thanks for confirming

Waiting on my AS levels... physics, maths, further maths, bio and chem - oh - and I mustn't forget general studies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Only on TSR........... where people go through the technicalities of opening an envelope :rofl:

Good luck to all getting their results!

Was a painful moment last year but I checked UCAS track first and knew I got in, which took the pressure off me massively when it came down to checking my results on paper.
    When I set this up and asked the question 'how', it wasn't quite those sorts of technicalities I was enquiring in to, but nonetheless TSR is the place to be for that kind of thing! Hahaha

I'm getting AS back so no such UCAS track relief for moi

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.