Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydster1)
    Definitely! Must be by Friday though cause that'll have been 2 weeks. At least they let us know the cut off nice and early.
    Yeah but I'm under the impression for past years that people can get rejected/offered before we've even had our interviews :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    Yeah but I'm under the impression for past years that people can get rejected/offered before we've even had our interviews :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's definitely the case with undergrads

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean that in past years people have been told they've met the cut-off and then been rejected even if they meet all the other academic requirements? I was under the impression that to qualify for an interview you need to have the correct gamsat score and predicted or achieved 2.2 as well as be a home student...? Is this not still the case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitzy93)
    Do you mean that in past years people have been told they've met the cut-off and then been rejected even if they meet all the other academic requirements? I was under the impression that to qualify for an interview you need to have the correct gamsat score and predicted or achieved 2.2 as well as be a home student...? Is this not still the case?
    Yeah they cut people now based on academic as well I believe

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they cut people now based on academic as well I believe
    Can I ask where you're getting that from?
    I'm pretty certain they said at open day they only use the GAMSAT to whittle down the candidates for interview. I could very well be wrong however...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Can I ask where you're getting that from?
    I'm pretty certain they said at open day they only use the GAMSAT to whittle down the candidates for interview. I could very well be wrong however...
    Well that's my understanding from what was said on the graduate thread, I know some of it can be just considered as rumours but when it's said a few times I kind of took it as truth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting over here, too.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitzy93)
    Yes that is the case, it must just be a case of sorting through all the academic criteria

ReputationRep:
    Sorry that was really unclear! They interview on GAMSAT cut off alone, as long as you've met the academic criteria. They don't select interviewees by if you have a 2:1, 2:2 etc.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry that was really unclear! They interview on GAMSAT cut off alone, as long as you've met the academic criteria. They don't select interviewees by if you have a 2:1, 2:2 etc.
    Oh so then I'm essentially guaranteed an interview at some point? 64 GAMSAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh so then I'm essentially guaranteed an interview at some point? 64 GAMSAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, that's my understanding, they should all be out by the end of this week. I'm the same, 63 Gamsat so just over!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's my understanding, they should all be out by the end of this week. I'm the same, 63 Gamsat so just over!
    I'm kinda thinking that 62 is probably the peak for it? Can't see it getting any higher than that if I don't get in this year?
    I'll reuse 64 next year if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda thinking that 62 is probably the peak for it? Can't see it getting any higher than that if I don't get in this year?
    I'll reuse 64 next year if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think you're right. Interview finally came through! January 13th

Interview on 29th of January at 11am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Sweet, got my interview for Jan 29 at 11am.

ReputationRep:
      Aaaaand I'm still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      What email address do the interviews come through guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      What email address do the interviews come through guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      if you have multiple email accounts make sure you check them, mine came through to a different one from the one i used on ucas and everything else, i have no idea why but it was stressful

ReputationRep:
      Just phoned st George's.. Apparently they've sent an email but I haven't recieved it
      Interviews on the 9th of jan at 3PM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Just phoned st George's.. Apparently they've sent an email but I haven't recieved it
      Interviews on the 9th of jan at 3PM

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Congrats!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.