The Student Room Group

Is anyone going to protest for Palestine?! (In London or Birmingham)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Observatory
It's the difference between, "I think the bombing of Dresden was morally wrong." and, "Sieg Heil! True Aryans will meet again in Valhalla!".

Such a perfect comment, given the similar mentality of the rulers in either case.

Hamas: "destroy all the Jews!"

Hitler: "destroy all the Jews!"
Original post by ElChapo
Your views are stupid, good choice to unsubscribe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh... I didn't know that Mr. Plato (you) is here. LOL
Reply 122
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
You do know there are quite a few jihadi groups operating inside Palestine?

And yes there is a definite lack of actual support.

It doesn't help when the PEOPLE vote for governments run by short sighted donkeys either, does it? Part of me wonders if anyone in Palestine is seeing the bigger picture. It's like Palestinians don't recognise their position of immense weakness.

It's not even about right or wrong, it's more about seeing what will work to actually create a peaceful solution. Israel will never relent, neither will Hamas.
Reply 123
Original post by universal_set
Then, why don't you go to Israel and kill Israeli soldiers. You won't go there because you will prefer to kill innocent people in London becssue innocent civilians don't retaliate.

Islam doesn't allow to kill anyone. And all these so called jihadists are fighting for money & power. Why not rich Arabs have ever pressurised USA/Israel? KSA is the largest oil producing country, if it wanted it would have resolved this issue through a peaceful way by pressuring USA.

P.S. I always hate to talk about politics and religion. These are very personal things. Therefore, I am unsubscribing this thread.

I won't go because frankly I don't care about this conflict. I am not involved, it is an issue between the Palestinians and Israelis, even if I cared, it wouldn't make a difference.

I am not muslim by the way.
Original post by C_G
I went to a pro-Palestine protest in Manchester during the previous conflict. There a lot of chants and picketers and people marching around. Personally, I feel that protests are an incredibly important tool for ordinary people in a democracy. If you feel strongly about something and you know that a protest is going on then go down there and join it, definitely.

Then why not protest for democracy in Palestine and an end to Hamas rule?
Reply 125
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
How am I zionist?... I think that the holy land shouldn't have been given to en masse european migrants. But it doesn't change the fact they're there and the terrorist muslim organizations are as bad or worse than the Israeli militant forces.

Haha aww. Everything you said after "how am I Zionist" proves that you are.
Its okay :hugs:

Original post by Ggmu!
Yeah because that's something to joke about :confused:

My theory is that nobody actually seems to care about Palestine as their situation has steadily worsened and Muslims come to their protests every time Israel shell it, but nothing comes of it, ever.

That guy said name protests that have actually worked. So I did. Just not in the past 25 years. Its not funny if you have to explain the joke so I'm not surprised why you didn't find it amusing.

Yeah I've commented on about 5 different pictures of that, posted by different people on Facebook, arguing why its not. Plus you're not doing jihad or praying so you have no place to be saying that. You should have used another picture.

We care about all our brothers and sisters in the Muslim ummah. I've written hundreds of letters and emails to my MP, MSP etc so don't tell me I don't care. Keep your theories to yourself pal.

Something does come of it, it raises more awareness. I bet most people don't even know there's a war been going on since 1967 and Israel has been taking over the land. (Refer to lilypears map. Or just read everything she's said so far)
Original post by Kutta
Allow making fun of Palestinians...

What's India's stance in all this?

I read earlier today Israel wanted to destroy Pakistans nuclear weapons and wanted it done through India but India refused to help Israel destroy Pakistan. I've never been prouder to be partially Indian :biggrin:

Salaam :smile:

You not going to use one of your famous gifs?! :frown: lol

Tbh I've never asked that question... Are you Pakistani, what's their view on the situation.
I know Iran were going to back Palestine up?

Don't know much about all the other Arab countries though tbh :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Israel isn't going to listen to a bunch of people protesting in London. I mean you can do it to show your support for the Palestinians but it definitely won't amount to anything.
Original post by Rlove95
Israel isn't going to listen to a bunch of people protesting in London. I mean you can do it to show your support for the Palestinians but it definitely won't amount to anything.

The message can get to the British government though, and perhaps they will do their actual job and represent views of the public to Israel. Who knows

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Original post by Kutta
Allow making fun of Palestinians...

What's India's stance in all this?

I read earlier today Israel wanted to destroy Pakistans nuclear weapons and wanted it done through India but India refused to help Israel destroy Pakistan. I've never been prouder to be partially Indian :biggrin:

In all honesty i'm not, but voting for a Hamas government? They voted for a government that use them as human shields. I refuse to believe Palestinians are stupid too.

I truly have no clue, but India always has been and always will be a supporter of Israel. It stems from the treatment of Jews in India since donkey's years ago and defence sales to India. India is probably one of Israel's closest three friends. They even offered to help clean the Ganga :eek: Smart guys, they know how to get to the heart.

Really? That's ridiculously poor move considering cables showed issues surrounding the smuggling of nuclear weapon material, joking of 'bombing india' in dinners. I don't think Pakistan is a country to trust with nuclear weapons... No surprise though, spineless Congress Government probably wanted to send more weapons to Pakistan. How can Israel even do that? Lol, like to see them try... I think they'd get nuked before they even try.
Reply 129
Original post by universal_set
Ohh... I didn't know that Mr. Plato (you) is here. LOL

I'm sorry :console:

Don't leave me with these people pweasee, they'll eat me alive:cry2:

Just talk to me? Ignore all of them :smile:
Original post by ElChapo
The message can get to the British government though, and perhaps they will do their actual job and represent views of the public to Israel. Who knows

Posted from TSR Mobile

But Israel won't listen to the British government. The British government has no authority over Israel, I'm pretty sure they've condemned the actions of Israel already or called for peace or something like that. The British government has almost no jurisdiction in international matters, if Israel won't listen to America, I'm pretty certain they won't listen to Britain.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 131
Original post by katbob
Haha aww. Everything you said after "how am I Zionist" proves that you are.
Its okay :hugs:

That guy said name protests that have actually worked. So I did. Just not in the past 25 years. Its not funny if you have to explain the joke so I'm not surprised why you didn't find it amusing.

Yeah I've commented on about 5 different pictures of that, posted by different people on Facebook, arguing why its not. Plus you're not doing jihad or praying so you have no place to be saying that. You should have used another picture.

We care about all our brothers and sisters in the Muslim ummah. I've written hundreds of letters and emails to my MP, MSP etc so don't tell me I don't care. Keep your theories to yourself pal.

Something does come of it, it raises more awareness. I bet most people don't even know there's a war been going on since 1967 and Israel has been taking over the land. (Refer to lilypears map. Or just read everything she's said so far)

Salaam :smile:

You not going to use one of your famous gifs?! :frown: lol

Tbh I've never asked that question... Are you Pakistani, what's their view on the situation.
I know Iran were going to back Palestine up?

Don't know much about all the other Arab countries though tbh :/

Cool, you actually care. Don't fool yourself into thinking everybody cares this much or actually does anything other than update their status or walk on a protest.

Unlike many other protestors who are looking forward to hating on some Jews. Not to mention this 'free palestine' thing is a fashion among Muslim youths. Stupid people I know posting all over facebook like they know anthing.

Didn't see them saying anything when Rohingya's were being massacred, or when Ramadan was banned in China, or when Sri Lankan Buddhists burned Muslim owned houses and shops.

Not that this detracts from the pain and suffering of Palestinians, I just find how selectively Muslims care about issues, interesting.
Original post by Alfissti
Who is it that fires on average 6-20 rockets each hour into Israel? Thankfully most of it are junk ones for now that are fired indiscriminately.

There is a very simple reason why there are hardly any Israeli casualties with physical injuries. Israel takes the safety of people within its land with the utmost importance.

Israel invested in a system called Iron Dome which is an anti-missile system. Fortifies many buildings from bus stops to underground shelters where its citizens could go into and also most buildings tend to be built in view that the country is surrounded by crap neighbours thus are rather well made. I suppose it does help that it doesn't use human shields as well.

The Iron Dome system has proven to be 90% accurate and at a cost of US$40k for each shot it doesn't come cheap but Israel views it that you can't put a price on life of persons within its borders.

High casualties on the other side isn't surprising, many of the rockets are purposely stored in areas with high civilian population and many are also made in places of religious importance.

One thing should be noted, Israel prior to bombing an area does drop thousands of leaflets warning civilian populations to vacate the area, pity hamas instead tells its civilians to ignore it and plenty often purposely enter into the very building in hope it would prevent the Israelis from razing it to the ground.

Lack of civilian bomb shelters certainly isn't due to lack of money, much of the hamas leadership are extremely wealthy thanks in part to the millions they receive in foreign aid.

PRSOM

This. Israel would have more casualties if they didn't have all these mechanisms to protect their civilians. People shouldn't condemn Israel more just because they are defending themselves better, people should condemn both sides since they both need to just stop killing eachother.
Original post by Ggmu!
It doesn't help when the PEOPLE vote for governments run by short sighted donkeys either, does it? Part of me wonders if anyone in Palestine is seeing the bigger picture. It's like Palestinians don't recognise their position of immense weakness.

It's not even about right or wrong, it's more about seeing what will work to actually create a peaceful solution. Israel will never relent, neither will Hamas.

Ok?

I was commenting on the invalidity of the picture you posted then proceeded to agree with a single statement of yours.

And you never answered my question.
Original post by lilypear
That bold part is wrong. The US are willingly splashing $100Billion on Israel so don't start pretending like they're poor as **** like Palestine.

Israeli military are dropping 1,000's of warheads on these Palestinians, they have literally no where else on their own damn land to hide to, where do you suggest they go to? Into the Israeli parts to be shot on command?

A lot of them are being told to go to UN areas. Many of the Palestinians are refusing to leave to protect their homes but quite a lot have actually gone to these shelters.
Original post by Rlove95
But Israel won't listen to the British government. The British government has no authority over Israel, I'm pretty sure they've already condemned the actions of Israel already or called for peace or something like that. The British government has almost no jurisdiction in international matters, if Israel won't listen to America, I'm pretty certain they won't listen to Britain.

So your solution is just to do nothing then? I never suggested our government is capable of bossing any other countries about, but international pressure and knowing that the world is watching does have an effect on a country's actions. Whether or not you think so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Ok?

I was commenting on the invalidity of the picture you posted then proceeded to agree with a single statement of yours.

And you never answered my question.

Yeah I just realised i made 'one of those' posts. Seriously disappointed in myself.

Jihadi groups in Palestine? lol. Israel will crush with no problem.

Edit: imo physically fighting Israel is fruitless and a waste of energy, it can surely be redirected to better methods of freeing their nation. I think political means, gaining support and control is more useful than sending rockets that don't hurt anyone.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ElChapo
So your solution is just to do nothing then? I never suggested our government is capable of bossing any other countries about, but international pressure and knowing that the world is watching does have an effect on a country's actions. Whether or not you think so

Posted from TSR Mobile

Israel and Palestine have been under international pressure to stop fighting for a very long time, it doesn't seem to change anything. International pressure rarely results in anything, look at Syria, look at the situation in Crimea etc. You can do it to show solidarity for Palestine but I doubt the protest will actually help anything.
Original post by Rlove95
Israel and Palestine have been under international pressure to stop fighting for a very long time, it doesn't seem to change anything. International pressure rarely results in anything, look at Syria, look at the situation in Crimea etc. You can do it to show solidarity for Palestine but I doubt the protest will actually help anything.

Do you not think things could be worse if we all just turn a blind eye. What exactly is your role, it's like you are a poster boy for doing nothing about anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
Do you not think things could be worse if we all just turn a blind eye. What exactly is your role, it's like you are a poster boy for doing nothing about anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want to protest, you can. Nothing is stopping you, I'm just saying nothing will come from it. If you manage to stop the fighting between Israel and Palestine with your protest then you can quote me later and I'll congratulate you personally.

Quick Reply

Latest