Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any other musicians on tsr? Watch

• Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    The day I can afford an actual Les Paul is the day I accept the economy is fixed. :lol: Right, going to lower the action, thanks for the advice!
    That's okay! Good luck c:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I don't like the idea of band leaders, but I generally am the creative, passionate one in my bands. I've played in quite a few bands. At the moment I play Lead in a Punk Band and both Lead and Rhythm (we rotate) in a Rock trio, whilst doing loads of Solo work. I produce all the stuff I do too.

I generally prefer to write new stuff, but I've done the odd cover too, but only when everyone agrees with it.

Mind you, I'm only 16 so I've hardly played any gigs or anything yet. Most places are 18+

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's pretty impressive :O I'm 16 too but we've only ever played in school and we never went to any band competitions or gigs despite having that as our goal since the start of year 9 :/ Our guitarist never really felt motivated to complete any of the songs that we had started and insisted on making a good line of songs that were considered "perfect". Whilst I wrote pages long consisting of many lyrics, it's a shame that in the end we never played as much as we wanted to. There's no chances of that in sixth form since there's only swing/jazz bands here and choirs and piano is the only musical instrument that makes me relevant even since I'm not in the music department
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightShroud99)
    That's pretty impressive :O I'm 16 too but we've only ever played in school and we never went to any band competitions or gigs despite having that as our goal since the start of year 9 :/ Our guitarist never really felt motivated to complete any of the songs that we had started and insisted on making a good line of songs that were considered "perfect". Whilst I wrote pages long consisting of many lyrics, it's a shame that in the end we never played as much as we wanted to. There's no chances of that in sixth form since there's only swing/jazz bands here and choirs and piano is the only musical instrument that makes me relevant even since I'm not in the music department
    Thanks c: As much as I'd like to hit perfect, you never get it, especially with Punk. The only thing I ever struggle with is getting the right decision. If you don't mind me asking, what do you generally write about? I write political stuff mainly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks c: As much as I'd like to hit perfect, you never get it, especially with Punk. The only thing I ever struggle with is getting the right decision. If you don't mind me asking, what do you generally write about? I write political stuff mainly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was always writing songs about my thoughts of depression and the past infatuations I've had (generic, I know xD) but sometimes I'd write about songs that generally have no meaning whatsoever lol I guess I'm weird like that. Songs about betrayal became common near the end of secondary school since my friend that was trying to help me get with this one girl ended up bullying me and went out with her anyway. Pretty stupid of me to get so worked up over it, but most of my songs are on the piano anyway
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightShroud99)
    I was always writing songs about my thoughts of depression and the past infatuations I've had (generic, I know xD) but sometimes I'd write about songs that generally have no meaning whatsoever lol I guess I'm weird like that. Songs about betrayal became common near the end of secondary school since my friend that was trying to help me get with this one girl ended up bullying me and went out with her anyway. Pretty stupid of me to get so worked up over it, but most of my songs are on the piano anyway
    Fair enough. I've got one or two dark songs xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I try to hide this fact I'm a singer and drummer, it makes me more attractive than I would like the forum to believe for the purpose of my experiments.

ReputationRep:
    Music student here, I play guitar mainly but can also play abit of harmonica and keys.
    Currently writing some stuff with a few guys on my course
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaunOBrien)
    Music student here, I play guitar mainly but can also play abit of harmonica and keys.
    Currently writing some stuff with a few guys on my course
    What sort of stuff do you write?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Clarinet, Piano and Guitar here (mainly rock/rock 'n' roll/blues/bit of metal etc on the guitar). I play 1st clarinet in a classical orchestra, a jazz orchestra, a clarinet quartet and a concert band - I am going touring round Budapest with the concert band during the Summer, can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Kind of Bluesy/Classic rock I guess, ACDC and Guns n Roses influenced.

I've got some stuff I've written on my own though which is kinda experimental.

ReputationRep:
    Piano (passed all 8 ABRSM grades), singing (got to grade 6).
    Yeah, I'm a classical music nerd, I guess, even though my musical genre taste is wide as heck (and quite rubbish, might I add).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sing, play the piano and am now officially a drummer

(Also own a guitar but I don't really use it!)

ReputationRep:
    I want to learn the melodica
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    I want to learn the melodica
    Melodica's are cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Melodica's are cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you play?

ReputationRep:
    I used to produce electro:

https://soundcloud.com/profesh/electro-music-profesh

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I am currently working towards grade 8 flute and grade 7 singing. I also did music theory up to grade 5 (but that was quite a few years ago so I don't really cont it haha!). I play a decent amount of guitar but never had lessons. I would really love to play another instrument though, maybe the cello for the challenge of not only of a new family of instruments, but a new clef.

I'm currently in year 11 though, so I might wait until September to start.
    In terms of music taste, I range from expressive romantic pieces and other pre1900 styles to 20th century to rock and alternative.

Has anyone started the cello or a string instrument as a second to a woodwind and has any words of wisdom?
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Musician master race checking in. No play no life.

I'm about grade 6 on the Alto Sax, been singing for 7 years (won international awards etc..), been playing the guitar for 3 years now mostly acoustic, and I love thrashing on the drums.

My piano game is decent but it could be better, love playing minimalist stuff and things like A River Flows In You. I like playing anime soundtracks as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Do you play?
    Nah, but I have a friend that used to. I dont think he has his anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I play guitar, haven't been playing for very long but I guess bands like ACDC, the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppellin and the Who inspired me to pick up a guitar. I'm into all that classic rock n roll like the bands mentioned above and people like Jimi Hendrix and Bruce Springsteen too. +some punk on side

I own an Epiphone SG, looking to get a Strat soon though. I'm not into singing one bit but my guitar tutor is trying to encourage me to sing and he's failing lol. Me and him are writing some stuff together.

I've never played in a band before but I'm eager to, can't seem to find the right people interested in setting up a rock or punk band

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.