Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unruly1986)
    Google 'RAF New Employment Model' for further info. It WILL affect you.
    Nice one sausage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If your trade doesn't require you to drive will they still do your license?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattymarn)
    If your trade doesn't require you to drive will they still do your license?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If they decide that you need to have it, they'll ask for you to get a licence, RAF will pay for it of course.
    As most stations are in the middle of nowhere, you'll want it yourself pretty quick.

ReputationRep:
    It's PRTC after your fitness, assuming you mean your PJFT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I want to do ICT as well, but If I dd want to become an ENG Officer, what A-levels/Degree level would they be looking for?

Especially if I want to get a scholarship for Uni, how high does your A-levels have to be?

There is a UAS at Northumbria Uni and to do the course I want, I need 320 points. (BBB)

Would you just need to show evidence that you can achieve these grades to get in?

How hard is it to get a scholarship and to become an officer?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Start a new thread or google it. All the info is out there

(Original post by Byronpat)
    Hi guys, I want to do ICT as well, but If I dd want to become an ENG Officer, what A-levels/Degree level would they be looking for?

Especially if I want to get a scholarship for Uni, how high does your A-levels have to be?

There is a UAS at Northumbria Uni and to do the course I want, I need 320 points. (BBB)

Would you just need to show evidence that you can achieve these grades to get in?

How hard is it to get a scholarship and to become an officer?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thought I would join in on the convo if you don't mind. I'm currently waiting to see if my application can be waivered. I'm waiting until my trade option opens up before I can see if it can be waivered. I'm going for the PTI branch which is very competitive I know. I missed out by just one mark on the mechanical area. Gutting because I scored really high in maths and English and the other areas. I took it back in 2011 and got told to wait 5 years, which is what I'm doing. But I recently got in touch with a Sargent working at Brize Norton and he said I have a really strong case and should be able to get it waivered. I hold a Physical Education degree, and I'm currently a PE teacher, fitness levels are above average so I'm hoping they take all this into consideration :-( have you heard much about your waiver yet deeps??

ReputationRep:
    Hi Hannahpt,

Apologies for not getting back to you been busy IRL.

My waiver did indeed get accepted and from there I've moved forward fairly quick with my role it takes about a week for it to go through.

Let me know the results! fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Hi Deeps,

Thanks for replying. That's good that you're application has moved pretty quick! How did you find out that you had been accepted a waiver? Did the AFCO ring you? I sent an email to RAF Cosford explainining my situation etc and how much I wanted to be In and a guy rang back and said he would forward my email to someone he knows at my local AFCO to try and get him to send off for a waiver, so just waiting now. So nerve wracking waiting :-(

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    I ended up getting a call from my Local Afco, I guess it depends how busy there are. I would just stay positive and begin preparing for the next phase that's what I did regardless and it helped direct my thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'll just patiently wait. What role are you going in as? Good luck for your pre recruit training if you haven't already done it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.