Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the best player in the premier league/who will have the best season next year? Watch

• View Poll Results: Best player in the premier league
    Sanchez
    7.26%
    Ozil
    6.45%
    Hazard
    12.90%
    Mata
    1.61%
    Diego Costa
    2.42%
    Daniel Sturridge
    4.84%
    Raheem Sterling
    3.23%
    Robin Van Persie
    4.03%
    Vincent Kompany
    3.23%
    John Terry
    1.61%
    Fabregas
    4.03%
    Mertesacker
    0.81%
    David Silva
    1.61%
    Sergio Aguero
    8.87%
    Yaya Toure
    34.68%
    Other
    2.42%

ReputationRep:
    Yaya Toureee

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Voted John Terry so he'l hopefully go easy on ma wife.

ReputationRep:
    I should have voted Yaya Sanogo.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at everybody putting Yaya Toure.

ReputationRep:
    Rooooneeyyyy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lol at everybody putting Yaya Toure.
    Haha tbf he was the best player at the time of the poll. He pretty much won the title for City single handed.

This season Kun, Hazard and Cesc are all up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Haha tbf he was the best player at the time of the poll. He pretty much won the title for City single handed.

This season Kun, Hazard and Cesc are all up there.
    Tbh Terry McDermott got it spot on in this thread. In reality Toure got 9 goals(excluding set pieces) and if you gave Aguero set piece duty(he'd probably get about 5+ goals by this alone) he'd be on track for a 30 goal season every year.

Hazard just isn't getting the goals and assists but is doing a David Silva in performance. He's improving though, game against Arsenal e.g. so he's definitely showing how good he is. Also Chelsea are playing more attacking football yet we are doing well defensively this season.

Also looks like it was a good idea putting Diego Costa in the list. Sterling saving Liverpool game after game so I stand by my decision to keep him. Only person I regret not putting in the list is Rooney personally.

ReputationRep:
    Now this has been bumped I was spot on with my prediction. Nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosingDogs)
    Now this has been bumped I was spot on with my prediction. Nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was it Aguero or was it about Yaya Toure?

If it was Yaya Toure then Kudos mate. Kinda why I voted for Hazard. Aguero going in. Sanchez currently stakes a claim as well as he's hitting good numbers.

ReputationRep:
    That Terry McDermott guy gets everything spot on...

ReputationRep:
    The funniest bit is Per Mertersacker in the poll, hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Was it Aguero or was it about Yaya Toure?

If it was Yaya Toure then Kudos mate. Kinda why I voted for Hazard. Aguero going in. Sanchez currently stakes a claim as well as he's hitting good numbers.
    I went with Cesc. He's tearing it up for us this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went with Cesc. He's tearing it up for us this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah Cesc has a good claim.

Diego Costa too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shady's back)
    The funniest bit is Per Mertersacker in the poll, hahahahaha
    I wanted some comedic value. I had to include defenders before people get pissy too. Also since Arsenal have that 'best defence in the league' I had to put in a player for Arsenal, Mertesacker is better than Koscielny as he makes less defensive errors under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    Mertesacker is better than Koscielny as he makes less defensive errors under pressure.
    No lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Cesc has a good claim.

Diego Costa too?
    Costa is up there yeah. Personally feel he's being overrated by many (who are claiming he can get 30+ in league this season). He'll probably get 25 in league, restricted by injuries and a possible decline in form. Him and the fact that Willian is a terrible attacking midfielder are the reasons I don't think we will win the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Costa is up there yeah. Personally feel he's being overrated by many (who are claiming he can get 30+ in league this season). He'll probably get 25 in league, restricted by injuries and a possible decline in form. Him and the fact that Willian is a terrible attacking midfielder are the reasons I don't think we will win the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm Remy is a very good backup.

I didn't think we'll win the league with Costa alone either. He's not being overrated. Like with Sturridge these players just go under the radar.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Remy is a very good backup.

I didn't think we'll win the league with Costa alone either. He's not being overrated. Like with Sturridge these players just go under the radar.
    Well when I hear things such as "Costa for Balon D'or and Costa is the best ST in the world" that's being overrated. Sturridge is just as good as him in my opinion. Also think we lack depth at CM if Fabregas gets injured as no-one else can create.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kun Aguero best player in BPL. Highest GPM in BPL history says it all really.

ReputationRep:
    Well when I hear things such as "Costa for Balon D'or and Costa is the best ST in the world" that's being overrated. Sturridge is just as good as him in my opinion. Also think we lack depth at CM if Fabregas gets injured as no-one else can create.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe that Sturridge is just as good as him but he helped lead Liverpool to 2nd place.

Costa does deserve to be in the shortlist. One minute away from masterminding a League CL double. He didn't do too much after the quarters but you'd say he was the main man who got them to win the league and to the latter stages of CL. Also Costa's goal record this season is more than Messi's and only really below Ronaldos if I remember correctly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.