Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would you marry for money? Watch

of course you are allowed to have an opinion

its like when you go overboard though. like saying she must be this she must be that.. that is irrelevant to question.. just give your reasons as in..

No I don't agree because this is my life view..

why dig in at the person.. call them names etc

that is just over BOARD.. I can tell you are literally getting yourself worked up

you got offended just cos one user said 'too long'.. that worked you up
    jeez..

anyway good night.

(Original post by Diamante06)
    Can I ask how old you are?

There are so many people who don't have that much money but they still get by. There is support available like benefits so that you could try to manage.

Referring to your question, no I wouldn't marry for just money. Though I would love to go on holidays and not worry about money, these are at the end of the day desires. I know you're referring to stability, but wouldn't you rather struggle a little with someone you love than be comfortable with someone you don't love?
    Anyway I hope you decide on what's best for you.
    of course I want to make it really really work with the person I love. I don't want to have an arranged marriage even though I do think they work better than traditional marriages. me and my bf have always wanted to marry pretty early in our relationship cos were just like two peas in a pod .. I don't have to think of marriage atm anyway as busy planning other stuff..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    MOST CIVILISED .. though I disagree

I am going to advise you again.. stop wasting your energy. this is the INTERNET. this is not REAL LIFE.

calm your tits down.

I have nothing more to say to you. I am not going to waste my energy to argue with a stranger.
    Oh really?

So you're saying I'm not allowed to comment, I'm not allowed to have an opinion? When anonymous speaks, the man has to shut up?

You put your situation out here on the internet and canvassed opinions. You don't get to tell people to shut up when you don't like their opinions

To be honest, your attitude in relation to the this mirrors your extraordinary sense of entitlement to be married a rich man, and that you won't have to contribute anything to the marriage. Laughable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mostcivilised)
    Oh really?

So you're saying I'm not allowed to comment, I'm not allowed to have an opinion? When anonymous speaks, the man has to shut up?

You put your situation out here on the internet and canvassed opinions. You don't get to tell people to shut up when you don't like their opinions

To be honest, your attitude in relation to the this mirrors your extraordinary sense of entitlement to be married a rich man, and that you won't have to contribute anything to the marriage. Laughable
    OOOOOO, you tell him/her bae! My girl, be talking sense *kisses teeth* : ( ) -- this is suppose to be a pout :sexface:

I thought you was a guy :curious: ?

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable. It's incredible to me that some womens' ambition in life is to be a kept woman.

It makes me quite mad sometimes; my brother works full-time in a really hard job (he's a detective back in Aus, investigates organised criminals, arrests outlaw motorcycle gang members, drug traffickers, that kind of stuff), and there's a lot of overtime involved, stakeouts, etc. He has a wife and a young daughter, and ludicrously, he does a lot of the housework as well. He does a lot of the cleaning, washing up, often cooking. He's a fantastic father, and my sister-in-law is just tremendously lazy.

There are so many men who just put up with this kind of nonsense. And it is damning to many women that they have no real ambition in life other than living off a man
    Would rep if i could

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    OOOOOO, you tell him/her bae! My girl, be talking sense *kisses teeth* : ( ) -- this is suppose to be a pout :sexface:
    What do you mean?

I thought you was a guy :curious: ?
    Yes, I'm a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Would rep if i could

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean?

Yes, I'm a guy
    I'm siding with you. This :-() was meant to be a ratchick duckface like this :

http://sunnylol.com/images/2012/Nove...d2f4090874.jpg

#GhettoMoments :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    I'm siding with you.
    Oh definitely, thanks for saying the rep if you could / had left.

This :-() was meant to be a ratchick duckface like this :

http://sunnylol.com/images/2012/Nove...d2f4090874.jpg

#GhettoMoments :rolleyes:
    Haha, so true! A very close representation of how one imagines the OP to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xloisx)
    Am I the only girl who would rather be earning more money than my future husband? I can't stand the idea of being supported - even in the slightest! While financially supporting my family doesn't seem wrong, it actually sits quite well with my pride. Obviously, if my husband was earning more, then it wouldn't bother me to the point of breaking up - it'd just push me to work harder and bring in a higher income.
    I love the things you say xloisx, you're a true feminist. It's such an attractive trait in a woman when she knows what she wants, she's independent and unafraid.

Hat tip to you, awesome lady.

ReputationRep:
    Oh definitely, thanks for saying the rep if you could / had left.

Haha, so true! A very close representation of how one imagines the OP to be
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

ReputationRep:
    many women would marry someone just for the money, shows how shallow, materialistic and superficial they are.

ReputationRep:
    Only the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Only the first time.
    Cruel mistress.

ReputationRep:
    I love the things you say xloisx, you're a true feminist. It's such an attractive trait in a woman when she knows what she wants, she's independent and unafraid.

Hat tip to you, awesome lady.
    Why, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why are you getting soo heated. Im really not offended at all by what you have to say lol. This is just a discussion. Chill out
    Yes, this is a discussion - well done for pointing that out! Now take a look at the definition of a discussion. Generally they're fuelled by questions and answers... and I'm 99% sure my post had a question mark at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    its all about dat P u know...

Case closed. It seems some people are
    Completely childish now taking the "discussion" to a new level introducing images of what the "OP" looks like. How old are you? 5. Im not a child so I don't respond to childish behaviour or remarks. I don't argue so no I refuse to address any comments where you are simply arguing and trying to gain points. Now im gonna get on with my day and let all of you ***** with another good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Only the first time.
    Ah, so you could divorce him and take his money, clever girl.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.