Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsertWittyName)
    I have the right to eat food that stinks like week old smegma on the bus
    I just laughed so hard I've now got coffee in my sinuses.

ReputationRep:
    When you shave that area, you create loads of tiny cuts you can't even see, which combined with the fact that your groin/armpits are very warm and moist means that bacteria can grow really well there so shaving could be considered unhygenic

ReputationRep:
    Woman can do what they want with their armpit hair. But men shouldn't shave. Male armpit hair is hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsertWittyName)
    I think people should make some effort in terms of appearance for the sake of other people. If you plan on showing people your armpits, then give em a shave for the sake of everyone else. Just as I'm not going to fart in a crowded lift or go to class smelling like a dirty **** or start wearing tops like

I don't particularly like shaving my face, but I doubt anyone wants to see my weak ass ginger bum fluff coming out of my face (which is even more distracting as I'm not ginger) or hair coming out of my ears when I talk to them.

Yes, people have the right to do what they want with their bodies, but it doesn't necessarily mean they should- a little consideration and a bit of decorum goes a long way, and people should be considerate of others. I have the right to eat food that stinks like week old smegma on the bus, but I'm not going to avoid inconveniencing other passengers.

If you have a condition that means you can't help it (or if no one notices, like if you don't shave your armpits but wear t-shirts all the time) then fair play, but if you are willingly in public then I reserve the right to call you minging.
    (Original post by the_lost_boy)
    I don't want her choosing my wardrobe for me or telling me exactly how long I can have my beard: I shouldn't be policing her grooming choices either.
    Does your gf look like that fat blob above? You have to tell her things its part of parcel of a relationship. Too scared to say it? Sounds like a rubbish "relationship".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Does your gf look like that fat blob above? You have to tell her things its part of parcel of a relationship. Too scared to say it? Sounds like a rubbish "relationship".
    Nope, my girlfriend does not look like that (and that probably has something to do with the fact that we met at an eating disorder clinic and she's a bit OCD about her appearance, to say the least), but there is nothing wrong with looking like that. Some people are into chubby girls. The girl in the picture isn't hurting you, so why are you so butthurt? Some people are big because of thyroid problems. Don't assume anything about people, and try not to be so judgemental. I'm sure you're not perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Body hair is natural and isn't actually unhygienic. It's there for a reason. I personally shave since everyone else does. The only reason men find it unattractive is because of Western society social conditioning. We're constantly bombarded with images of shaven women so no wonder why we think it's unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why do women have to shave their underarms but not men??

ReputationRep:
    Nope, my girlfriend does not look like that (and that probably has something to do with the fact that we met at an eating disorder clinic and she's a bit OCD about her appearance, to say the least), but there is nothing wrong with looking like that. Some people are into chubby girls. The girl in the picture isn't hurting you, so why are you so butthurt? Some people are big because of thyroid problems. Don't assume anything about people, and try not to be such a judgemental prick. I'm sure you're not perfect.
    1) You didn't mention you met her at some vulnerable place so I assumed you were a "normal" couple.
    2) That is obese, not "chubby" - my tax payer money funds expensive NHS operations on fat idiots who could eat less junk food and run more. It's not rocket science.
    3) That genetic deposition of being fat, like enlarged fibroids only affects a tiny % of the population, most fat "pricks" like you put them, are fat because they eat too much ****.
    Now get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    1) You didn't mention you met her at some vulnerable place so I assumed you were a "normal" couple.
    2) That is obese, not "chubby" - my tax payer money funds expensive NHS operations on fat idiots who could eat less junk food and run more. It's not rocket science.
    3) That genetic deposition of being fat, like enlarged fibroids only affects a tiny % of the population, most fat "pricks" like you put them, are fat because they eat too much ****.
    Now get on with your life.
    I'll get on with my life in a moment.

1. Eh, we're both basically "normal" now.
    2. Yeah, I agree here. From the way I read your argument, I assumed your hatred of fat people had a superficial basis (that you simply didn't like the way they looked). What kills me is that when I was too sick to work because of anorexia, the government didn't pay a cent to keep me alive and I had to pay for expensive treatment myself, and yet obese people don't have to work and don't have to bear their own financial burden.
    3. Also in agreement here. I've basically just said what you said word for word in another thread.

ReputationRep:
    I love men that don't shave their armpits or chest or back, I love running my fingers through a hairy man's chest... absolute heaven. =w=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    It is a case of attractiveness.

Men find women without body hair more attractive than if they had body hair.
    Women want to find make partners.
    Women know men find it attractive.
    Therefore, women shave it off.

And it is unhygienic.
    It's not unhygienic and think of it this way, women stop giving into pressure and shaving, men then only have a choice but to have a partner who doesn't shave, it becomes the norm again, people can get on with their lives without being shamed of something that naturally grows on them.

(Original post by tnetennba)
    If it's unhygienic, why aren't we all disgusted by the majority of men - who don't shave their armpits?
    Can't rep you again apparently but perfect response!

ReputationRep:
    I'll get on with my life in a moment.

1. Eh, we're both basically "normal" now.
    2. Yeah, I agree here. From the way I read your argument, I assumed your hatred of fat people had a superficial basis (that you simply didn't like the way they looked). What kills me is that when I was too sick to work because of anorexia, the government didn't pay a cent to keep me alive and I had to pay for expensive treatment myself, and yet obese people don't have to work and don't have to bear their own financial burden.
    3. Also in agreement here. I've basically just said what you said word for word in another thread.
    :rofl: This is tsr, where someone gets angry over a misinterpretation then reads and becomes happy again Good doing business with you sir

ReputationRep:
    Women (and men) can do whatever they want with their body hair jeeeesus does it even matter? it's literally hair why do people even have opinions on it, like it's meant to be there I don't see the fuss?? A woman is much more than her bodily hair and labelling someone as unattractive just because they dont shave (which is a bloody annoying and sometimes painful ritual) is just stupid. If you're not "man" enough to accept that people have hair then you don't deserve to have a girlfriend really - end of
    MWAH :*

ReputationRep:
    S
    (Original post by NancyRoseC)
    Women (and men) can do whatever they want with their body hair jeeeesus does it even matter? it's literally hair why do people even have opinions on it, like it's meant to be there I don't see the fuss?? A woman is much more than her bodily hair and labelling someone as unattractive just because they dont shave (which is a bloody annoying and sometimes painful ritual) is just stupid. If you're not "man" enough to accept that people have hair then you don't deserve to have a girlfriend really - end of
    MWAH :*

So any guy who objects to his gf looking like chewbacca is not man enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    S

So any guy who objects to his gf looking like chewbacca is not man enough?
    Yup pretty much. if you can't accept that hair grows (like it's suppose to be there!) and you are actually deterred my natural hair then you're not a man

ReputationRep:
    Of course women should be able to not shave their pits if they don't want to. Doesn't mean men have to stop being repulsed by it though, but if they want to appear unattractive that is their choice.

ReputationRep:
    Yup pretty much. if you can't accept that hair grows (like it's suppose to be there!) and you are actually deterred my natural hair then you're not a man
    not many men about then are there?

ReputationRep:

Showing up smelling at work or walking around naked around the halls is also natural, yet I doubt most would put up with it. This is why we are a society, we live buy laws, rules and conventions. As for hairy women, have you considered that it might be unattractive because of evolution (and enhanced by society) , since a hairy woman of male levels is likely to have hormonal issues and therefore have reproduction/health problems ?

ReputationRep:
    It seems a bit odd though when women spend SO MUCH TIME trying to look as attractive as possible, that they refuse to sort out a deal breaker like hairy pits

ReputationRep:
    Not true. Arm pits is one thing but you can't honestly expect a guy to go down if you haven't shaved down there. Its inhumane

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.