Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cornelius)
    I understand everything else (even though the percentages sound very alarming) this surely can't happen that often?! - at least often enough to cause you distress?
    The bolded doesn't happen as often, but I have been dismissed on things purely for being a woman.

Yes the percentages seem alarming, I am aware I am very unlucky and the percentages don't reflect the norm, I'm just always in the wrong place at the wrong time a lot I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was a girl. Imagine all the summer frocks I could wear. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    You have to live with the vulnerability of being the 'weaker' sex, it's harder to be independant/single ie going out alone at night, you get men rubbing it in your face how much weaker women are compared to them, you have all the hassle of pregnancy (all that hard work at the gym lost) and giving birth whilst men can just relax, keep their bodies in shape and be presented with a nice little baby at the end.

As a tomboy who likes to work out/keep in shape and wants to stay single I can't find any advantages to being female!
    you just have to look at the suicide rates to see who the more unfortunate gender is...not that we should be concentrating on that

many men seem to fall out of society ...if they dont get married or get their life sorted out

they can really hit lows ...

I think its a lot less likely for women to do that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I hate being a woman also to be honest, it's a hassle.
    I get honked at by cars at least 50% of the time if I go out the house alone and then yelled at out of cars by lude men or men in the street, I can't go out at night on my own for fear of being raped. I get constantly criticized for the way I look. I get sexually assaulted in clubs 70% of the time . I'm mocked for being a woman whenever a serious topic is at hand. There is loads more but I really can't be bothered delving into everything I have to put up with on a day to day basis due to a pair of tits being on my chest.

Edited for clarification.
    Prsom

So onside with this.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's easier to be a guy, not under constant pressure to look good, pressure of keeping in shape, constant media criticism of different types so much more grooming, nails, hair , makeup, harder to orgasm not having many good role models to look up to mostly airheads famous for being sexy, it kind of makes me sad for my daughter.

ReputationRep:
    It is women, who put each other under pressure to look good. That is why a lot of girls have way to many clothes, shoes, etc.

It's more about what your own sex thinks about you. Than always having men ogling you. If girls were less *****y to each other, then you'd make life so much easier for yourselves.

Clause: the term girls is not used to mean all girls. Obviously some girls are smart enough to ignore this stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's horrible. Women have to suffer with the curse of menstruation from their early teens up to their fifth decade. They are physically weaker than men. They have to spend hours selecting and putting on makeup every day. They have to follow the latest fashion trends because society forces them to. They have to suffer the excruciating pain of childbirth and 9 long months of suffering through pregnancy. They are victims of their own hormones. They are targeted by criminals more than men because they're perceived as being weak and defenseless. Hats off to all those ladies out there, I can't imagine how they can find the strength and will to wake up each day to face their difficult lives in this world. Thank God I'm not a woman.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Well, there are disadvantages to both genders. But you sound like you'd much rather be a boy than a girl :yep: Wish that sometimes too Particularly when on periods.. and when it comes to makeup, dressing up, hair removal...

ReputationRep:
    Lol at 'have to look good'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    I think it's easier to be a guy, not under constant pressure to look good, pressure of keeping in shape, constant media criticism of different types so much more grooming, nails, hair , makeup, harder to orgasm not having many good role models to look up to mostly airheads famous for being sexy, it kind of makes me sad for my daughter.
    You can't be serious.. For women to look good (body wise) all they have to do is eat healthily and exercise every so often.

For a guy to look like men you see in media, they have to stick to a strict diet and training programme for years to get one of those bodies.

And let's no even get into penis pumps and all that nonsense.

As for role models. You're just going off tv and magazines. What male role models are there right now from tv and magazines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    You can't be serious.. For women to look good (body wise) all they have to do is eat healthily and exercise every so often.

For a guy to look like men you see in media, they have to stick to a strict diet and training programme for years to get one of those bodies.

And let's no even get into penis pumps and all that nonsense.

As for role models. You're just going off tv and magazines. What male role models are there right now from tv and magazines?
    There's countless of older men on tv, how often do you see old women unless they are "hot"

ReputationRep:
    There's countless of older men on tv, how often do you see old women unless they are "hot"
    So because they're older they're role models? Half of them could be paedophiles.

There's quite a few ugly women actresses or news reporters

ReputationRep:
    Are the female Olympians on tv not good role models? Or female politicians?

ReputationRep:
    You have to live with the vulnerability of being the 'weaker' sex, it's harder to be independant/single ie going out alone at night, you get men rubbing it in your face how much weaker women are compared to them, you have all the hassle of pregnancy (all that hard work at the gym lost) and giving birth whilst men can just relax, keep their bodies in shape and be presented with a nice little baby at the end.

As a tomboy who likes to work out/keep in shape and wants to stay single I can't find any advantages to being female!
    You need a man in your life and then these problems will disappear

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, if your daughter is anything like her mum...she will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CA$H KRAZE)
    You need a man in your life and then these problems will disappear
    How will they dissapear it will make them worse he will expect children

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    you just have to look at the suicide rates to see who the more unfortunate gender is...not that we should be concentrating on that

many men seem to fall out of society ...if they dont get married or get their life sorted out

they can really hit lows ...

I think its a lot less likely for women to do that..
    Yep. More men commit suicide.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Yep. More men commit suicide.
    Maybe because there are more men in the world or More men feel suicidal etc.? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How will they dissapear it will make them worse he will expect children
    Not all men want kids. Kids are horrible creatures with the sole aim of ruining your life and bank balance for 25 years of their life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Maybe because there are more men in the world or More men feel suicidal etc.? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well dur...

Feeling suicidal is often a pre requisite to committing suicide. Who knew!?

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

(altgough it could juts be that men are better at following through with it, but I want to use that meme)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.