Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)
    She and I both said that Arabs are documented as white. And just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it's never been seen. Arabs are a whole people not just the ones you have encountered or speak/spoken to. It is a political issue how Arabs racially identify themselves.
    Where did i say that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    Where did i say that lol
    lol oh really? hold on then...

ReputationRep:
    There are only 3 major races. Arabs are of the Caucasian race,so are Europeans,Indians, nordic people and some others. Features in a race can vary widely
    Boomshakalaka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    I have this theory that nobody is 100% one ethnicity. We all have mixes for example, there are tribes in somalia who have strong yemeni heritage which is why some somalis like myself are quite light wheras some are dark. there is even a small group call the hamari who have distant portugese ancestors. Hmmm..

What ethnicity are you?
    That is what I was saying from the beginning.

I am Native American.

ReputationRep:
    That is what I was saying from the beginning.

I am Native American.
    Be more specific

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Be more specific
    lol excuse me? And what are you exactly...

ReputationRep:
    Boomshakalaka.
    I didn't say they were white .. the term caucasian is used synonymously with white,but not all Caucasians are white i think

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say they were white .. the term caucasian is used synonymously with white,but not all Caucasians are white i think
    lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol :rolleyes:
    !!

ReputationRep:
    lol excuse me? And what are you exactly...
    Native Americans vary in terms of where they from. Anywho, if you wanna keep it personal than cool with me

ReputationRep:
    It's getting a lil feisty. Mainly because judging/categorising someone because of their race is pretty ridiculous anyway but that is the world we live in. Now we have to fight just to make sense of it.

ReputationRep:
    It's getting a lil feisty. Mainly because judging/categorising someone because of their race is pretty ridiculous anyway but that is the world we live in. Now we have to fight just to make sense of it.
    Nice conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Yes. I always do my full makeup, hair and clothing even when not going out
    Wow.. this explains a lot

ReputationRep:
    Feisty? Lol how..

Anyway end of race/ethnicity discussion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Soap is damaging to your skin
    Definitely does less damage than make up:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yup, putting effort into my appearance makes me feel more confident, therefore I like doing it
    If I'm leaving the house (for anywhere) I do something with my hair and wear make up. If I'm staying in I wear my hair up but I still wear mascara at the very least

ReputationRep:
    If I pop to the local shop I go completely bare faced. If I were to go sixth form I wear foundation and lipstick. Very rarely fill in my brows or do any kind of eye makeup. I think its fun to put makeup on when I have somewhere to dress up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Afghans are usually dark skinned. They want to be pale, so they put foundation (that is like 6x lighter than their own shade) on. :P Afghans eh? haha
    Umm afghans arent all dark skinned the ones i have met are all pretty fair..
    My whole family is all quite fair as well.. m the only comparitively dark one..

ReputationRep:
    Thought I reply back but... *walks away*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    Umm afghans arent all dark skinned the ones i have met are all pretty fair..
    My whole family is all quite fair as well.. m the only comparitively dark one..
    I said usually. There are light ones. My auntys are all white bcuz my nan is just picky like that. I think its like that in every family

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.