Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PL Final Table Predictions 14-15 Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Guess everyone will be changing their predictions now Pulis has left Palace
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I know it's early, but I love writing out my table predictions at the start of the season and seeing how far off I am when it comes to May. What are yours? Here's mine:

1. Manchester City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Manchester United

5. Liverpool
    6. Tottenham Hotspur
    7. Newcastle
    8. Everton
    9. Southampton
    10. West Ham United
    11. Stoke City
    12. Sunderland
    13. Hull City
    14. Queens Park Rangers
    15. Leicester City
    16. Swansea City
    17. Crystal Palace
    18. Aston Villa
    19. Burnley
    20. West Bromwich Albion
    Lol. Pretty wide of the mark there.

How's everybody else getting on with their original predictions? Plenty tipped WBA to struggle.

ReputationRep:
    I loved this thread. I forgot how happy it made me seeing Albion in most people's bottom three.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    West Brom have played better than most people expected for sure, given Irvine's track record I expected him to be a complete failure but he's done well so far. You can't rule them out of relegation trouble just yet though, look at their run in.

West Brom V Liverpool
    Man Utd V West Brom
    Newcastle V West Brom
    West Brom V Chelsea
    Arsenal V West Brom

As for my original prediction I don't think i'd make too many changes to it. Spurs will probably finish lower than 6th and as poor as Villa have been lately, they will do what they do every year and scrape their way to safety.

(Original post by sr90)
    Edit: Updated following player & manager changes.

1. Chelsea
    2. Manchester City
    3. Arsenal
    4. Manchester United
    ------------------------------
    5. Liverpool
    6. Tottenham Hotspur

16. Sunderland
    17. West Brom
    --------------------------------
    18. Aston Villa
    19. Crystal Palace
    20. Burnley

Also, in before someone predicting all 3 promoted teams to go straight back down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    West Brom have played better than most people expected for sure, given Irvine's track record I expected him to be a complete failure but he's done well so far. You can't rule them out of relegation trouble just yet though, look at their run in.

West Brom V Liverpool
    Man Utd V West Brom
    Newcastle V West Brom
    West Brom V Chelsea
    Arsenal V West Brom
    I don't want to be out of relegation trouble. I wasn't comfortable when we reached the dizzying heights of 8th a couple of years. We were far too competent. That's not the West Brom I know and love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Gomis and Sigurdsson at Swansea now - Sigs absolutely bossed it couple of years back when he came on loan. Davies and Vorm gone, but we already have Taylor at LB who is pretty much the same level as Davies. Fabianski isn't much different from Vorm too quality wise.

1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Man United
    6. Spurs
    7. Everton
    8. Swansea
    9. Newcastle
    10. West Ham
    11. Southampton
    12. Sunderland
    13. Stoke
    14. QPR
    15. Aston Villa
    16. Leicester
    17. Burnley
    18. Hull
    19. West Brom
    20. Crystal Palace

It's quite an exciting season ahead. You have to say Chelsea and City are the favourites with the other 3 outsiders in some manner - but are all capable of going all the way. The top 5 are all liable to interchange in some manner. Can't see Spurs or Everton breaking the top 4, seeing as the top 5 look strong.
    Initially put Southampton higher, and Burnley bottom.

Top 11 should be spot on (but in different order), but that's what most would have expected.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    bump

How did everybody do?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My top 6 is almost perfect. Having Palae in the relegation zone is looking a bit silly though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    My top 6 is almost perfect. Having Palae in the relegation zone is looking a bit silly though.
    Doubt anybody saw Pardiola's renaissance during the pre-season, though.

I had Southampton to come top half which I'm pleased about considering so many tipped them to struggle.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton to get 4th so Liverpool and City won't have Champions League football next season. You heard it here first.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Southampton to get 4th so Liverpool and City won't have Champions League football next season. You heard it here first.
    No chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    if only :coma:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I know it's early, but I love writing out my table predictions at the start of the season and seeing how far off I am when it comes to May. What are yours? Here's mine:

1. Manchester City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Manchester United

5. Liverpool
    6. Tottenham Hotspur
    7. Newcastle
    8. Everton
    9. Southampton
    10. West Ham United
    11. Stoke City
    12. Sunderland
    13. Hull City
    14. Queens Park Rangers
    15. Leicester City
    16. Swansea City
    17. Crystal Palace
    18. Aston Villa
    19. Burnley
    20. West Bromwich Albion
    Top four is spot on I expect, but City won't win it obviously. Newcastle - Stoke are all much of a muchness, but I've overestimated Sunderland/Hull/QPR/Leicester and massively understimated Swansea and Palace. Villa and WBA are both down there but won't go down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.