Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst advice you have ever received? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    "Just look people in the eye and smile. Then you'll feel happy" - My psychologist, when I was severely depressed a few years ago.

Really? They actually said that?

ReputationRep:
    a friend gave me this advice and as a result, I lost another friend.
    "If you really want to get his attention. add all his friends with a fake account and see what his reaction is-don't worry, I do this all the time and my guy doesn't give a damn".
    I was severely depressed and already insecure and as a result, this person doesn't want to associate himself with me anymore.
    And as for this friend of mine, her boyfriend cheated on her.

ReputationRep:
    "The TSR personal statement check will take approximately 3 to 7 days". Two months later, I had to get an extension on my deadline. :rolleyes:

No hard feelings PS helpers, I do appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)

I really, really recommend you watch this.
    I didn't watch it

I am going to continue being myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    Your parents are clearly nothing like mine :rofl:
    youre an adult
    just grow a pair

my parents are damm strict yeh just have to grow up:P
    besides why arent yeh allowed on electronic devices:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    youre an adult
    just grow a pair

my parents are damm strict yeh just have to grow up:P
    besides why arent yeh allowed on electronic devices:?
    The phone and laptop thingy was just an example and a bad one at that :giggle:, besides to be honest I lie to my parents least out of everybody :teehee:

Really your parents would ship you off to another country if you annoyed them? :laugh: and I'm not even an adult yet :erm:

If angst can be avoided, I will avoid it - arguing is a waste of my time just like the convo - now bye

ReputationRep:
    The phone and laptop thingy was just an example and a bad one at that :giggle:, besides to be honest I lie to my parents least out of everybody :teehee:

Really your parents would ship you of to another country if you annoyed them? :laugh:

If angst can be avoided, I will avoid it - arguing is a waste of my time just like the convo - now bye
    haha I disagree

personally ive found my relationships to be a lot more fulfilling and enjoyable when all the cars were on the table

yeh thats right gurl..get off your phone before daddy punishes yeh p

ReputationRep:
    haha I disagree

personally ive found my relationships to be a lot more fulfilling and enjoyable when all the cars were on the table
    Wow, that must be a pretty strong table.

ReputationRep:
    haha I disagree

yeh thats right gurl..get off your phone before daddy punishes yeh p
    Who said I lie in my relationships? Disagree all you like :rolleyes:

I'm on my laptop bright one :laugh: and he wouldn't punish me for using it anyhoo :rofl:

We're not going to agree, you like to be truthful all the damn time and I like to tell a few white lies, let's agree to disagree and move on

ReputationRep:

I'm my laptop bright one :laugh: and he wouldn't punish me for using it anyhoo :rofl:

We're not going to agree, you like to be truthful all the damn time and I like to tell a few white lies
    often people arent honest/blunt enough in relationships imo..communication is often an issue..holding back can be as bad as lying at times.

grand id ask how yeh are but I believe my stay is overdue so take it easy kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Wow, that must be a pretty strong table.

haha took me a while to get there:P

cards!!!! but yeh I also think people are a lot more accepting when you be yourself and not someone else.

however shocking or different yeh are..most people will generally accept so yeh can always be as yeh are

ReputationRep:
    often people arent honest/blunt enough in relationships imo..communication is often an issue..holding back can be as bad as lying at times.

That may be a problem for you but it isn't for me, hmmm bye

ReputationRep:

I'm on my laptop bright one :laugh: and he wouldn't punish me for using it anyhoo :rofl:

We're not going to agree, you like to be truthful all the damn time and I like to tell a few white lies, let's agree to disagree and move on

I think someone should start thread about honesty in relationships, it's a really interesting topic of conversation.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/newt...newthread&f=89

I even made the link for you

It's a difficult balance between being totally honest and knowing when to hold back, I thihnk.

ReputationRep:
    "Listen to your parents. They know what's best for you". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think someone should start thread about honesty in relationships, it's a really interesting topic of conversation.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/newt...newthread&f=89

I even made the link for you

It's a difficult balance between being totally honest and knowing when to hold back, I thihnk.
    haha im pretty sure mrs dreamer doesnt want to chat to moi again!:P

hmm yeh I guess im somewhat of an extreme..I should find people tend to lean on the too much lies side of the balance hence I consciously try and do the opposite.

im supposed to be weaning off this not setting up new threads:P

but thanks

ReputationRep:
    haha im pretty sure mrs dreamer doesnt want to chat to moi again!:P

hmm yeh I guess im somewhat of an extreme..I should find people tend to lean on the too much lies side of the balance hence I consciously try and do the opposite.

im supposed to be weaning off this not setting up new threads:P

but thanks
    But I've been making too many threads recently too....

ReputationRep:
    But I've been making too many threads recently too....
    youre a moderator its grand

actually maybe you can help with some advice if yeh didnt mind:P

and oh havent seen yours..would love to have a peep

ReputationRep:
    I have somewhat subconsciously been told to bottle things up and never discuss your problems.. does't go so well
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    'You don't need to buy a printer for uni, just use the library ones'

ReputationRep:
    'Date him, he's pretty hot'

'No Emily, don't take geography its useless'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.