Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Listening to music in a different language. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think being a Eurovision fan results in me having a higher exposure to music in a different language. I actually quite enjoy it! Some of my favourite songs are in another language

I also enjoy listening to a German band called Wir Sind Helden. Their song 'Nur Ein Wort' has an awesome video

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManicPumpkin)
    I think being a Eurovision fan results in me having a higher exposure to music in a different language. I actually quite enjoy it! Some of my favourite songs are in another language

I also enjoy listening to a German band called Wir Sind Helden. Their song 'Nur Ein Wort' has an awesome video

A masterpiece

ReputationRep:
    I listen to tons of Russian and Greek music for some reason, and also German (love "The Comedian Harmonists") but as I speak German I suppose that doesn't really count.

ReputationRep:
    I love the songs i hear in all the Japanese dramas i watch they're so good. I also like some telagu and tamil songs composed by A.R Rahman or Ilayaraja though i don't speak those languages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    A masterpiece

That should have won, in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I listen to a lot of Brazilian & France music!

ReputationRep:
    I listen to French, Japanese, and a LITTLE Korean music.

My favorite French artists are Stromae, Keny Arkana, Black M, and Shin Sekai. Anyone recommend me to more French rappers?

For Japanese music, I like anything made by Exile Tribe. It's been a solid year for them so far. E-girls are da best. I like Scandal, C-ute, Juice=Juice, 9nine... Basically any girl group that isn't AKB48 or Morning Musume. Like the older Johnny's Groups.

I also listen to T-ara's Japanese music, SNSD's Japanese music (but their music has been poop lately), and Kara's music. I only listen to Afterschools Japanese music. I despise the kpop that's been coming out this year. Hyomin's Nice Body had disgustingly sexist lyrics. I don't mind songs about love, but not songs that overtly sexualize BOTH men and women. Anyone that says Kpop is more meaningful than Western music is clearly living in a fantasy world.

did I mention that Exid's LE is the most underrated rapper ever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Just Spanish really. I listen to it to help me with my Spanish.

It sounds beautiful.

If anyone knows any good albums feel free to post :cool:.
    aha yh they are really relaxing and awesome songs

ReputationRep:
    I love listening to Thai music

ReputationRep:
    Being Italian, I listen to a lot of Italian music, however I am not fully fluent but I still very much enjoy it. It's the melody, the singer, try listen to Laura Pausini, Studio 3 and Zero Assoluto. A few of my fav Italian artists. I've seen Laura Pausini live at the Royal Albert Hall and I was blown away. Incredible singer.

Definitely worth listening to Italian!

ReputationRep:
    Well, my second language is Swedish so I listen to some music in that language.

My favourite song at the moment is this

Another one of my favourite Swedish singers is Veronica Maggio
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJafqgvwKMs

These are good too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAedjDif11U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0aWC_U1vDA

There are so many more.

I also listen to French Music sometimes, I don't understand most of it but I like the sound of some of it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manicpumpkin)
    that should have won, in my opinion
    OH MY GIDDY AUNT that is hilarious. I love verka serduchka but never seen that before lollll XDXDXDXDXD
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Some of the Django Reinhardt stuff (in the very few songs he sings) are in French; but some of his songs have English titles too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliwhi)
    OH MY GIDDY AUNT that is hilarious. I love verka serduchka but never seen that before lollll XDXDXDXDXD
    I know right. Amazing. Welcome to the world of Eurovision
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    I know right. Amazing. Welcome to the world of Eurovision
    I've been watching Eurovision for ages (from the ripe age of like 5-6 :P) but I never saw the 2007 Ukraine

Have you seen Tina Karol's 2006 Ukraine?

ReputationRep:
    I've been watching Eurovision for ages (from the ripe age of like 5-6 :P) but I never saw the 2007 Ukraine

Yes! Saying that i love Ukraine pretty much every year. Always such fun, upbeat songs.

ReputationRep:

One of my all time favs

ReputationRep:
    I listen to a couple of German bands, but that's about it really.

Radiopilot
    Eklat

ReputationRep:
    I usually listen to Japanese music, especially stuff by Blu-Swing or So'Fly. Recently discovered and got into music by Serani Poji and Asako Toki that I absolutely love.

I also used to do Spanish for GCSE and A-Level, so listened to some Spanish music for that, and quite liked Ester Andujar's song 'Aprovecho la lluvia' a lot, amongst other things. Anything else I'll just happen upon and go from there. :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.