Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stupidest rumour you have heard about yourself? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    That I dyed my eyebrows in year nine and it went wrong because I suddenly had a fringe out in. I didn't even pluck them *sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This actually did happen to a friend of mine. She dyed her eyebrows then shaved them off then got a fringe to cover it all up......weird

ReputationRep:
    That I do my eyebrows :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I said 'all the girls hate me because all the boys like me' once.
    :L

ReputationRep:
    That people dont get their millions of Ugandan dollars. I provide totally innocent services, sir

ReputationRep:
    When I was playing for my primary school football team apparently me and a girl kissed in the middle of the pitch in a training session. We didn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That I have a boyfriend who I've been hiding and I meet him at the park,
    Lol I've been single all my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldenAge)
    I sat down in class second day back from study leave this year. A girl in my old higher art class sat down opposite me and said that there was a "vicious rumour" spreading through school about me. Turns out people were saying that I was taking retaking higher art as well as doing advanced higher because of a joke I made. It also turns out that it was a completely different girl who was doing both classes.
    THIS is the sorta rumour that was MADE for TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noshahmad)
    That I have a boyfriend who I've been hiding and I meet him at the park,
    Lol I've been single all my life

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Talking of boyfriends, again with the whole "Youre gay" thing, someone said they saw me with my supposed boyfriend, and I asked them to describe him to me

They described my freaking brother.... (I'm like 10 years older than my brother as well.... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Talking of boyfriends, again with the whole "Youre gay" thing, someone said they saw me with my supposed boyfriend, and I asked them to describe him to me

They described my freaking brother.... (I'm like 10 years older than my brother as well.... )
    I find that quite funny, the situation outcome that it,
    But its ridiculous how these people assume things without asking you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I find that quite funny, the situation outcome that it,
    But its ridiculous how these people assume things without asking you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh, for some reason, it seems that there are certain people in my town who are desperate to confirm their suspicions that Im supposedly gay, that they cite me walking with my 12 year old brother as someone who's my "boyfriend" ....

ReputationRep:
    That I listened exclusively to Japanese rap music. People were coming up to me for months making what were presumably meant to be "Japanese" sounds and throwing gang signs.

I don't even...

EDIT: Oh, and one of my "friends" spread a rumour that I had a corset-shaped set of piercings on my back.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, for some reason, it seems that there are certain people in my town who are desperate to confirm their suspicions that Im supposedly gay, that they cite me walking with my 12 year old brother as someone who's my "boyfriend" ....
    If your brother is 12 and they think he's your boyfriend, I think your town is very weird.

ReputationRep:
    That I slept with my uni tutor. So ridiculous it's hard to believe anyone believed it let alone that it spread far enought to get back to me. I just laughed about it and waited for people to get bored talking about it once they realised it clearly wasn't true.

ReputationRep:
    Ha. I've heard this one before, we all know you play the incest card to make it look ludicrous but it is actually your secret boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    If your brother is 12 and they think he's your boyfriend, I think your town is very weird.
    Yup! I dont know why people would even think that tbh...

ReputationRep:
    During the whole ousama ben laden's death period,I was apparently one of his relatives...

ReputationRep:
    Probably the people who seem to be convinced I have autism, despite having had tests for autism which proved I didn't have it. Close second is any rumour about I girl I supposedly like.

Also, not a rumour as such, but somebody told me I had "a black man's nose" and "asian eyes".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    Probably the people who seem to be convinced I have autism, despite having had tests for autism which proved I didn't have it. Close second is any rumour about I girl I supposedly like.

Also, not a rumour as such, but somebody told me I had "a black man's nose" and "asian eyes".
    I was told I have Asian eyes too... My nans adopted so maybe her biological parents had some Asian in them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I heard a rumour that said that when I grow up I'm going to become abstinent because I didn't know what the horizontal cha-cha was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That I was going out with the person I sat next to in year 9 English because he put his arm around me.

I was pregnant (started by a friend as a joke)

I was with my best guy friend

I've had feelings for everyone in my friendship group apart from 1 person obviously not at the same time but over 2 years. (I only had feelings for one of them)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.