Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    you guys sent it so early! i didnt send it yet! gonna send it at end of oct, i dont think it matters right? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolattelee)
    oh the alevel reform now all exams are taken in the summer...it used to be some in jan and then some in june/july which was less pressure and stress!

ahhh i see, well im on their programme thing as i live in manchester. it's basically a template for a personal statement...
    but i didnt really use it because it was different...

my college taught me to use like 80% of the personal statement to express your interest and reasons why you do this course etc.
    but in the manchester uni, its template is rather 80% of achievements/skills

idk so i suppose they really like skills or achievements
    Hi there, forgot to ask. Does that mean that they look for what I have achieved and skills gained instead of why pharmacy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incubator)
    Hi, I'll be sending off my application first week of November. I'll be applying for a Foundation year, am I leaving it too late?!!!!
    Not at all. That's quite early, if anything. I sent my application after the January deadline and still got an offer. Not that I would recommend that, however. :erm:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rdmchill)
    Nice, Chem eng 22nd oct for me
    Hey there. I applied for chemical engineering exactly a week ago. How long did it take to get a reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    Hey there. I applied for chemical engineering exactly a week ago. How long did it take to get a reply?
    I feel like we have applied to a lot of the same unis , see you on a lot of threads xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    I feel like we have applied to a lot of the same unis , see you on a lot of threads xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah haha!
    Just called Manchester University. I have not been offered an interview because I am overseas! They say their decision on my application will be emailed to me next week (as they can't give out offers yet, only interviews).
    I'm so happy of not having to go to an interview haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha!
    Just called Manchester University. I have not been offered an interview because I am overseas! They say their decision on my application will be emailed to me next week (as they can't give out offers yet, only interviews).
    I'm so happy of not having to go to an interview haha
    Oh right!
    To be honest when I asked at the open day the students said the interviews are really informal and casual; you basically have the offer they just want to check that you live up to your personal statement/application in general. I got an email of the programme and out of four hours at the university the interview is 25 minutes
    So I'm obviously a little bit nervous but that made me feel better.
    You will have to let me know if you get an offer ! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Oh right!
    To be honest when I asked at the open day the students said the interviews are really informal and casual; you basically have the offer they just want to check that you live up to your personal statement/application in general. I got an email of the programme and out of four hours at the university the interview is 25 minutes
    So I'm obviously a little bit nervous but that made me feel better.
    You will have to let me know if you get an offer ! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I definitely will let you know! So excited

ReputationRep:
    I think about 2 days after sending it. Its a really long day, 4h. I read your comments and was wondering what they said to you about offer. If I am correct we are applying to the same uni's: Cam, IMperial, Bham, UCL and Manchester
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I think about 2 days after sending it. Its a really long day, 4h. I read your comments and was wondering what they said to you about offer. If I am correct we are applying to the same uni's: Cam, IMperial, Bham, UCL and Manchester
    Yes!! Same unis, same course. Cool
    What were your grades and predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhyss01)
    Hi there, forgot to ask. Does that mean that they look for what I have achieved and skills gained instead of why pharmacy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes such as communication, practicals you've acquired in pharmacy (Experience?) etc
    Then apply it how it will benefit you in the course that you are choosing
    Simply showing you have the skills and you are prepared for Uni

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! Same unis, same course. Cool
    What were your grades and predicted grades?
    Got 4A* predictions with 95% average. Acheived A* in Maths. Yours?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Got 4A* predictions with 95% average. Acheived A* in Maths. Yours?
    3 A*s and 1 A!
    My A is in FM as it is self-taught. I'd love getting an A* predicted for it though. I think I can achieve it, if I work hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    3 A*s and 1 A!
    My A is in FM as it is self-taught. I'd love getting an A* predicted for it though. I think I can achieve it, if I work hard enough.
    I am doing Maths, FM, Phy and Chem. Self teaching FM requires some skill and dedication. Respect you for that.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I am doing Maths, FM, Phy and Chem. Self teaching FM requires some skill and dedication. Respect you for that.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Not at all. That's quite early, if anything. I sent my application after the January deadline and still got an offer. Not that I would recommend that, however. :erm:

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    I read that you called Bham and Manch. Can you tell me what they said. I have an interview from Manch but was wondering about Bham and manchester offers.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I read that you called Bham and Manch. Can you tell me what they said. I have an interview from Manch but was wondering about Bham and manchester offers.
    For overseas students, there are no interviews. Offers will be given out from next week onwards as they are implementing a new system (or something like that, and this is for ChemEng, although I guess it applies to other departments?)

ReputationRep:
    Would you reccomend Manchester University? Is it a good university for engineering and a good city to live in? How much does it cost to live there?

ReputationRep:
    For overseas students, there are no interviews. Offers will be given out from next week onwards as they are implementing a new system (or something like that, and this is for ChemEng, although I guess it applies to other departments?)
    Is this offers for both domestic and international?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.