Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I also got the email. 100% legit, and they'll probably sort us a new email with the link first thing tomorrow before they get buried in the tears of hormonal applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charjb)
    I also got the email. 100% legit, and they'll probably sort us a new email with the link first thing tomorrow before they get buried in the tears of hormonal applicants
    Makes me a bit happy, thinking about the possibility of it being legit. will wait until tomorrow before getting my hopes up!

ReputationRep:
    Well. Im going to get a rejection - BMAT went terrible:

4.4 4.2 4A didn't expect to do so poorly. Goodbye guys and good fortune

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazzyBoo)
    Hey guys,

So how does the banding system work? What are the banding boundaries? I have a score of 5.1 6.3 4.5A, and am thinking that I am in the overlap between band 1 and 2 maybe?

I would prefer to be in the 2nd band tbh, as I really wouldn't want a December interview (this would mean 3 interviews pre-Christmas for me).
    Can anyone tell me what is this Fee status assessment ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aisha 56)
    Can anyone tell me what is this Fee status assessment ???
    Have no idea, sorry!!

ReputationRep:
    what percentage of people get offers after interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsallokay)
    On average, 65% of people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsallokay)
    450 offers approximately and 650 interviews- so around 65%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazzyBoo)
    Makes me a bit happy, thinking about the possibility of it being legit. will wait until tomorrow before getting my hopes up!
    Okay, why can't you get your hopes up now? You where sent an email from the school inviting you to imperial WITH your name, and then another one WITH your name telling you they will send you a correct one tomorrow? What makes you so distrustful of the system?
    Someone even called and they said it was legit.

I look forward with 100% certainty that I will get another email tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I am bit confused to the whole thing
    I got 7.2, 7.9, 3.5A and I got the email, but it seems a lot of people got the email. Are they simply interviewing more this year or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukelele123)
    I got 7.2, 7.9, 3.5A and I got the email, but it seems a lot of people got the email. Are they simply interviewing more this year or something?
    Maybe they're contacting everyone who made the cut off, at once, so they can begin to plan ahead with the interviews in good time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TechRaid3r)
    Maybe they're contacting everyone who made the cut off, at once, so they can begin to plan ahead with the interviews in good time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

But not everyone who meets the cutoff gets interviewed though...
    I think it has to be a mistake...

ReputationRep:
    Actually quite a few people didn't get the email, so maybe it's not a mistake?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess someone with stellar bmat scores is wondering how mere mortals are getting interviews? After all you should be the first through the interview door?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat1996)
    Just because so many people have got that email, my BMAT was good but not spectacular (not band 1 material I didn't think!!), and because I'm so paranoid that I'll be getting my hopes up for nothing :'(
    Well its a reputable institution so if they said its legit on the phone they can't be giving false information, Plus it seems like everyone who got an interview invite isn't in band 1 so they are probably doing it the other way around this year..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nnuunnuu)
    Well its a reputable institution so if they said its legit on the phone they can't be giving false information, Plus it seems like everyone who got an interview invite isn't in band 1 so they are probably doing it the other way around this year..
    How do you know what the bands are? There is no logic to interviewing band 3 first and then Band 2 as you would be wasting interviewing time as well as being unfair.

Imperial say this was the minimum score for entry last year ....Every one invited so far have been 5+ and 2.5+
    For 2014 entry, the minimum scores required were:

a score of 4.5 in section 1
    a score of 4.6 in section 2
    a score of 2.5 and grade B in section 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninetyeightfour)
    How do you know what the bands are? There is no logic to interviewing band 3 first and then Band 2 as you would be wasting interviewing time as well as being unfair.

Imperial say this was the minimum score for entry last year ....Every one invited so far have been 5+ and 2.5+
    For 2014 entry, the minimum scores required were:

a score of 4.5 in section 1
    a score of 4.6 in section 2
    a score of 2.5 and grade B in section 3
    A lot of the people invited have been just around last year's cut off, not 5+, I know someone with 4.6 4.6 3A who got the email. Like you said, it's definitely not reverse order of bands as that'd be illogical. They must be doing something different this year... Anyway we'll probably know by tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the people invited have been just around last year's cut off, not 5+, I know someone with 4.6 4.6 3A who got the email. Like you said, it's definitely not reverse order of bands as that'd be illogical. They must be doing something different this year... Anyway we'll probably know by tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I don't always trust what people post here. But considering there are 3 bands and if they are divided equally you will 250 applicants in each band. Therefore, there will be substantial difference in applicant 1 scores (based on bmat and UCAS points) and applicant 250.

ReputationRep:
    Got the interview invite! 5.7, 5.7 and 3A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allia)
    Got the interview invite! 5.7, 5.7 and 3A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats Allia ....same here in terms of interview!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.