Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    100% worth it ! :yep:

the UKCAT is horrible! I hated it :bleugh:
    I agree, the UKCAT is horrible. I came out of it convinced I failed. But I got 2810 (702.5 average) and band 1, so I don't think I did too badly... how did it go for you?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    The teachers at my school love to set 'projects' over the holidays. :mad: I mean, it's good practise and it means you don't forget everything over summer, but it's a bit stressful! Do you have much?
    Yeah, I had a maths booklet but I ripped it up during physics class when we were messing around with static electricity because I knew I wasn't going to have to do maths any more . I'm supposed to go over about two units in each of my textbooks and I'm supposed to make a poster or something I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Yeah, I had a maths booklet but I ripped it up during physics class when we were messing around with static electricity because I knew I wasn't going to have to do maths any more . I'm supposed to go over about two units in each of my textbooks and I'm supposed to make a poster or something I think
    Haha Maths was the subject I considered dropping, but I actually got the highest percentage in it by some miracle... so I'm keeping all four subjects. Two units? :eek: Holiday homeworks just get bigger and bigger.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Haha Maths was the subject I considered dropping, but I actually got the highest percentage in it by some miracle... so I'm keeping all four subjects. Two units? :eek: Holiday homeworks just get bigger and bigger.
    Meh, I can't be bothered to do it.

Night folks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    When's everyone's first day back to sixth form? I'm feeling excited yet super anxious! Don't want to slack and screw up
    Tuesday 2nd! Tbh I think this is way too early, u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OCR history, OCR biology and AQA sociology in year 13. Nervous as I didn't do as well at AS biology as I thought ( though I think my coursework is to blame!). Is anyone else doing the same subjects as me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Whatever you want
    Found a way to make it more accommodating for me and still be able to be nosey ;D

I agree, the UKCAT is horrible. I came out of it convinced I failed. But I got 2810 (702.5 average) and band 1, so I don't think I did too badly... how did it go for you?
    I came out thinking I had done horrible and got like 610 or 620 but I got 710 Band 1 which I'm over the moon with surprisingly it was the VR and DA that let me down :dontknow: I normally got like 700 on them but messed up QR and AR :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jams97)
    I'm doing OCR history, OCR biology and AQA sociology in year 13. Nervous as I didn't do as well at AS biology as I thought ( though I think my coursework is to blame!). Is anyone else doing the same subjects as me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot of coursework was marked down in OCR biology... the moderators were extremely picky!! they said that on our school report that 'some lines weren't straight enough or horizontal enough' -.-

ReputationRep:

I came out thinking I had done horrible and got like 610 or 620 but I got 710 Band 1 which I'm over the moon with surprisingly it was the VR and DA that let me down :dontknow: I normally got like 700 on them but messed up QR and AR :lol:
    Congratulations! I completely messed up DA (I've always hated DA) and AR, but I was quite happy with VR and somehow I aced QR even though I never did well in it in practice exams. My QR score is the only reason I got over 700 average.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! I completely messed up DA (I've always hated DA) and AR, but I was quite happy with VR and somehow I aced QR even though I never did well in it in practice exams. My QR score is the only reason I got over 700 average.
    so is mine really :lol: my practice scores were like 710, 600, 520, 750 I'm rather good at maths but 36 seconds per question just isn't enough for me :lol:

in the real one I got 640, 810, 690, 700 .. I missed 4 VR questions and 3 QR

ReputationRep:
    A lot of coursework was marked down in OCR biology... the moderators were extremely picky!! they said that on our school report that 'some lines weren't straight enough or horizontal enough' -.-
    Really! That reassures me. Will we be able to retake it this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really! That reassures me. Will we be able to retake it this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you can retake the coursework you just can't remark it (it's pointless), obviously it will be different to last years though

ReputationRep:
    so is mine really :lol: my practice scores were like 710, 600, 520, 750 I'm rather good at maths but 36 seconds per question just isn't enough for me :lol:

in the real one I got 640, 810, 690, 700 .. I missed 4 VR questions and 3 QR
    Nice! That's really good! I got 600 in both AR and DA but 720 in VR and then 890 in QR . I always had the same problem in practice - I was never quick enough. I ran out of time during AR in the real one :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Nice! That's really good! I got 600 in both AR and DA but 720 in VR and then 890 in QR . I always had the same problem in practice - I was never quick enough. I ran out of time during AR in the real one :cry:
    Haha AR is mostly just hit and miss ;D I got a fair amount of patterns but you when when there can be 2 rules to one set and I never bothered looking for a second once I found one, takes too much time :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Bed time for me now I have work at 11 :eek: :lol:

Night all hopefully don't have too many PM's to deal with tomorrow night :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how long it will take me to adjust to being in Year 13... It took me until November for me to finally realise that I was a Year 12 student, and not just a Year 11 who was intruding.

ReputationRep:
    2nd September... I am not prepared! I still have two essays to write before then because I've spent all summer stressing about the UKCAT instead of doing holiday homework... What about you?
    Good luck with the UKCAT! What date have you set for it? I have tons of chemistry to do I don't want this summer to end!

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday 2nd! Tbh I think this is way too early, u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go back the day after on the third! Wish we could start a week later! What are you planning to do at Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Sorry to hear that you're feeling apprehensive about next year :console: . Is having to carry on with the subject you dislike not negotiable at all? I assume it's because you did better in it than you did in another subject. Do kick up a fuss if you can, at the end of the day this should not be anybody's decision other than yours. Now is not the time to have to be taking subjects that you no longer want to do. I can empathise completely as my school also has a policy of forcing students to drop the subject in which they achieve the lowest grade and it's caused a lot of kerfuffle and anxiety for my friends, some of whom are being asked to drop the subject that they wish to study at university. It sucks

Best of luck for next year, I hope this can be sorted out somehow
    It's kinda my own fault I took two AS subjects that I didn't do at GCSE (History and Psychology) and hated them both throughout AS which gave me no motivation to revise - ended up getting DE in them. I did okay in my other two AS subjects so there's no point resitting year 12 but I obviously need 3 A-levels so I just have to carry on with one of them. Psychology I did better in but hated the most out of the two. Although history would harder to pull up to a B so I guess I just have to do psychology (the easiest) and try my best.

ReputationRep:
    I go back to school on the 28th August

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.