When will Brendan Rodgers be sacked? Watch

Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I notice that the Liverpool excuse of the day is that all of a sudden they're not Rodgers's players, but bought by the faceless transfer committee. That's Liverpool. You can bet that in some strange alternate scenario where Balotelli and Rickie Lambert were forming a 1.5 goals per game partnership, we'd be hearing nothing except what a genius Rodgers was for buying them all on his own.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Firstly, I'm a Liverpool fan.

I don't think Rodgers should be sacked anytime soon. I don't think we should be sacked if we finish 5th and end up somewhere in the Europa League. He's taken some risks (i.e Balotelli) but he's also signed some talent (Sturridge, Coutinho as well as Moreno and Lallana, who are looking good but it may be too soon). However, I do think we need to get a solid defensive coach in and sort out our problems at the back. If we can bring Origi back in January and get another striker on loan, I think we can push on. However, I think it is unlikely we will finish in the Top 4 this season.
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
I notice that the Liverpool excuse of the day is that all of a sudden they're not Rodgers's players, but bought by the faceless transfer committee. That's Liverpool. You can bet that in some strange alternate scenario where Balotelli and Rickie Lambert were forming a 1.5 goals per game partnership, we'd be hearing nothing except what a genius Rodgers was for buying them all on his own.
Regardless of whether they are Rodgers players or not, he gets the final say so the buck is on him. Transfer committee is just as bad.
Gob Bluth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
It's Liverpool. All their own fault.

They got rid of Hodgson because they didn't like him, he didn't do very well and bought crap players.

They got Rodgers, who did badly in his first season, had a storming second season, and is now doing badly again. He spent more than £200m and bough crap players.

Rodgers is now doing worse than Hodgson, and has a lower win rate than Moyes did at Manchester United.

Rodgers is basically the last 10 years of Arsene Wenger, minus the trophy. He's stubbornly sticking to his ideas of what should be done, regardless of where it gets him in the belief that it will magically all come good. In the Arsenal match, van Gaal was getting pasted in the first half. He changed it around at half time and Arsenal couldn't cope. Wenger doesn't change anything anymore. He just sends the most predictable team out with predictable tactics. Rodgers does the same thing. He thinks he's Frank Rijkaard and can dictate to other teams to have to play to him. Someone needs to tell him that you can't do that with Stevie Me whose sell-by date was two seasons ago and a bunch of Southampton players whom he dramatically overpaid for.
Moyes took a 1st place team and took them to 7th in one season, whilst Rodgers started a 7th place team, and got them to 2nd in two seasons to be fair. So that comparison is unfair, but I guess it's light trolling anyway.

People are exaggerating with Rodgers here, but then again it's fair enough with some of the quotes there are of him Dug a big hole for himself. Will be fascinating to see how he changes things as . I still rate him as a manager, as I've judged him from his Swansea days, where he took Swansea to another level (in the same way that Laudrup kind of did, before he became a lazy ****, and how Monk is now). However he appears stubborn, and can take too much time to change things which are clearly wrong.

5 points from top 4 realistically isn't that part if they could turn this around. 3 wins from the next 3 (easy fixtures on paper) is right back on course, though realistically that doesn't look too likely atm.

Interesting second half of the season anyway!
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He won't be sacked. He'll be murdered by me when he makes Nathan Redmond his big January signing.
Jpc123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dalgleish was not their choice. Brendan Rodgers is. Usually if American owners chose you they usually give you a period of grace before they expect you to reap dividends
The_Mighty_Bush
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
After they lose 3-0 to Basel.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
After they lose 3-0 to Basel.
and 3-0 to United?
The_Mighty_Bush
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
and 3-0 to United?
Don't care about that game really. I'm a Basel fan though.
luke829
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When should he be sacked? Tomorrow if Liverpool lose
When will he be sacked? When we have no options of finishing 4th and after we spend 400m in January buying potential, potential, potential
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hopefully BR will be fired tomorrow when we grind out a heroic 1-1 draw with Basil.

Bring on Capello.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does seem like this could be a huge turning point in either dirrection..

2 wins and things are peachy - beat your rivals and qualify through the CL group..

2 losses, and things will be looking beyond bleak, with all the acheiveements from last season wasted by bad league performances and not progressing in the CL
JayReg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who are they going to bring in who can promise to be better? Brendan is safe for next season if he gets 6th but only given Southamption having a freak year imo
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
After not being very interested in football for many years i was under the impression that managers being sacked all the time was a product of the club boards, i see now that fans have no patience.

He should at least get the chance to go for European football (fairly likely) and see out the season. His mistake this season was in buying Balotelli, he's too selfish and lacks pace. What worked so well the previous season was Suarez, Stirling and Sturridge being a perfect combination of pace, selflessness and ability.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
Hopefully BR will be fired tomorrow when we grind out a heroic 1-1 draw with Basil.

Bring on Capello.
I hope you put money on that.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)

Bring on Capello.
#CalledIt
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's FSG's man - but their backing is questionable. How would the owners of our top four rivals be reacting this morning after crashing out of the CL with just one win in six?
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have it on good authority from an ITK that Brenda Rodgson will be sacked on Thursday when Liverpool fail to beat Bournemouth.

I must say I am glad this is going to happen. I called him out as a poor manager even when we were winning, yet people were dismissive of my cerebral observations.

What say you now?

Bring on Capello.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Genuinely think Bournemouth will beat us. They are flying and we are in freefall.
Tau
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I imagine he will go at the end of the season. I doubt they would disrupt the club mid season, as it may be difficult to get an acceptable replacement quickly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise