• PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
:proud:

I didn't actually use a vlookup this time.... :ninja:
Just realised how you would do it, would have saved me so much time in the past :facepalm2:
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samba)
I'm dying to referencing lol. Hows life
If it's Harvard then use Neilstoolbox or refworks it's a life saver.

Life is fine. Very little subbing days so little money.

How's life?

1500 words of dissertation done of literature review so 18500 words to go!! Ahh
Fortitude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
New thread, Wow!! I actually remember when the last new thread was created, time goes by like crazy!!!! :eek::afraid::afraid::afraid:
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
I have so much dissertation reading to do.
I have so much dissertation anything to do :K:
I've been discouraged ever since I had to get rid of all of my other notes and prep because it's irrelevant to my new plan
TheFOMaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not been at uni for 6ish weeks due to varying reasons of varying importances. Got a test on Wednesday for Physics (my second subject which I have literally no talent for and scraped by first year in, plus I think a lot of what we study is boring as ****), worth 10%, plus working nightshift tonight and tomorrow.

Stress isn't even the word. Disaster is a good word, I like that word.
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's me off for reading week. Work tomorrow, Tuesday and Saturday nights, so a fairly easy week for me in that regard. Pretty pleased with it, I'm absolutely screwed over with work. Gotta get reading a lot for my dissertation and finalising exactly where I wanna go with it (massive shout-out to my tutor though, she's been fab to help me get my ideas together into something semi coherent). I've also got a small essay to start working on for my Chaucer module which will be a basis for my big 3,300 beast which is worth 100% of the module :rofl:. Talk about pressure. Anddddd I need to write an essay proposal for my 90% language essay and start work on it (but at least my presentation went well, hopefully that's at least 70% in the bag (it's worth 10% overall, so not much, but could be the difference between a 2:1 and First)).

Yeah, ****'s got serious. Can't **** these things up, my dissertation itself 20% of my final degree classification :erm:, and those other 2 modules make up another 20%. Great. Fabulous. ****.

I hate third year :cry:
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
That's me off for reading week. Work tomorrow, Tuesday and Saturday nights, so a fairly easy week for me in that regard. Pretty pleased with it, I'm absolutely screwed over with work. Gotta get reading a lot for my dissertation and finalising exactly where I wanna go with it (massive shout-out to my tutor though, she's been fab to help me get my ideas together into something semi coherent). I've also got a small essay to start working on for my Chaucer module which will be a basis for my big 3,300 beast which is worth 100% of the module :rofl:. Talk about pressure. Anddddd I need to write an essay proposal for my 90% language essay and start work on it (but at least my presentation went well, hopefully that's at least 70% in the bag (it's worth 10% overall, so not much, but could be the difference between a 2:1 and First)).

Yeah, ****'s got serious. Can't **** these things up, my dissertation itself 20% of my final degree classification :erm:, and those other 2 modules make up another 20%. Great. Fabulous. ****.

As someone who survived third year, I can tell you that you can do this! :hugs:
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
As someone who survived third year, I can tell you that you can do this! :hugs:
Thanks 'Bro also congratulations on your job, so well deserved! :suith:
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
to do stuff:

prepare presentation for interview on monday (along with general interview prep)
read over lectures papers and speak to said lecturer to arrange a date to discuss studentship
re-plan genetics essay
further research for genetics essay
...think that's it
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)

You got this! Feeeeeling the same pressure. Hitting library this week.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got to finish off my Regulation essay tomorrow, on 1,100 words so far and it needs to be 2000-2500. It's probably going to be 2500 because I've so much to say. It involves saying if one theory is better than the other two and so far I've only talked about the other two and I can't find anything to cut out :/
redrose_ftw
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah I haven't posted in ages, the thread just rattles along so fast and I lose track, but I've been keeping occupied! Last year of maths now, designed to give anyone a real going over in the mind, so it's been great so far, no bad grades (touch wood).
If I feel okay with how my dissertation is going, does that mean I should be ready for a mass explosion of some sorts in a few months?!
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Degree came in the post today :woo:

And have a perm job :woo:

Good day
well done on the job, what is it if you don't mind me asking?
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Much alcohol was consumed. Fairly drunk and still can type reasonally well

(Original post by jelly1000)
well done on the job, what is it if you don't mind me asking?
Information support assistant with the local council (i.e. the man of all knowledge of the office )
paniking_and_not_revising
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Had a 2 hour lecture and two 1 hour tutorials. And I've gotten through 6 hours of studying independently. So I'm feeling pretty good!
Psyc_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Been a stressful week even though it's reading week however, managed to complete and submit my lab report and I've finished my essay but need to proofread before submitting. Should be getting my first ever result back on Monday/Tuesday which im kind of scared about, really hoping ive done well because that will help keep up my confidence! Now time to carry on with my book review.. The pressure of uni is definitely building up now!
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Degree came in the post today :woo:

And have a perm job :woo:

Good day
Yaaaay congrats :woo:

--

In the past 2 days I have done the outside reading and the general reading for all 8 of the things I needed to do it for. I just have some questions to prepare for next weeks seminar, and some background reading for do for a few lectures and I'm up to date on all lecture stuff

...third year project on the other hand has stalled. My supervisor is going to hate me. That however, is todays plan

yessss, nerdserentonin is back.
username1277215
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you have like a super quoter or something?
I was thinking the exact thing!
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Much alcohol was consumed. Fairly drunk and still can type reasonally well

Information support assistant with the local council (i.e. the man of all knowledge of the office )
Ooh very nice
MyName??!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
It wouldn't be so bad if we actually went into some detail. We just skim over the basics and we're done lol

Yeah I don't trust the lecturers as much tbh. My textbooks tend to be better at explaining and my lecturers don't say anything of real value tbh

Yeah I'm crap at essays and stuff too. But I didn't know what to do and didn't fancy studying maths at uni which was my only non-humanities/social science/english a level.

How's your sister finding the training? I don't think I'm going to go into law tbh. It's not my cup of tea. I just took the degree pretty much on a whim lmao
She's actually enjoying it, I think it brings her character out
And fair enough, are you thinking of taking up something different after you graduate?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (477)
38.19%
No - but I will (95)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (590)
47.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise