Hull Applicants 2015 Watch

alexreddish2196
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JohnSearby)
Hi Alex,
I'm not too sure about student houses in the first year as it would be nice too meet a wide range of people in the first year in halls. I'm from near Driffield relatively close to Hull and i went to an applicant day on 7th of Feb, you?

John
Got back from the applicant day today.. I'm from the sunny land of Chesterfield so I'm like 75 miles from Hull
Andy97a
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Went to the Hull Uni Applicant day today, got offered the knowledge factory! So I have firmed Hull! Hull Freshers here we come!!!
laimliam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Andy97a)
Went to the Hull Uni Applicant day today, got offered the knowledge factory! So I have firmed Hull! Hull Freshers here we come!!!
On my applicant day on Wednesday I found out I got into the knowledge factory as well!
Obliviate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alexreddish2196)
Hi John!
I'm thinking student houses as they are so close to campus and they are more homely if you get my drift
Where are you from and have you been to the applicant day yet?
Hi! I'm also considering student houses as oppose to halls, as they are generally cheaper and close to the campus. But I am not sure about not knowing who you are going to live with thing, and that I may get to live with some 2nd years that already know each other and it will be rather awkward...

Posted from TSR Mobile
alexreddish2196
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Obliviate)
Hi! I'm also considering student houses as oppose to halls, as they are generally cheaper and close to the campus. But I am not sure about not knowing who you are going to live with thing, and that I may get to live with some 2nd years that already know each other and it will be rather awkward...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think that's always gonna be a bit of a risk but the positives of the houses win for me (I like to wake up as late as possible); we asked who we'd be living with yesterday and they said that they'll always try to put first years together in a house☺️
Obliviate
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alexreddish2196)
I think that's always gonna be a bit of a risk but the positives of the houses win for me (I like to wake up as late as possible); we asked who we'd be living with yesterday and they said that they'll always try to put first years together in a house☺️
That's somehow reassuring :>
lswift07
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm from Essex and will be studying Combined Languages
rupsam88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys! Good luck with all your applications into Hull

Check out and join the link below - it provides UK university offer holders & applicants some great information on the lead up to freshers week!

So click 'JOIN' & make sure you share amongst your friends who are also going to uni this year!

facebook.com/events/742712939169549/
oliviabennett96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've firmed Hull for Psychology in September and I've also been invited to the TDP but my interview isn't until the 11th March:-) I can't find the facebook freshers page:-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
rupsam88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by oliviabennett96)
I've firmed Hull for Psychology in September and I've also been invited to the TDP but my interview isn't until the 11th March:-) I can't find the facebook freshers page:-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Olivia, join the event above! has all the information you need to find the page
oliviabennett96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah yeah I've found it thanks!:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
katiecharc
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think I'm firming Hull! BSc Physics with Astrophysics
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone else visiting Hull on the 11th of March?
LordGirdler
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
21st March here
oliviabennett96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in on the 11th but only for a knowledge factory interview not the full applicant day

Posted from TSR Mobile
beth_has
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone doing primary teaching?
Andy97a
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by oliviabennett96)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just had my TDP interview, went very well! i got the offer!!! HULL 2015
its very informal just stay calm and just make sure you know why you want to go to hull!
Heres a hull uni freshers page! www.facebook.com/groups/800830706619343/
Andy97a
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laimliam)
On my applicant day on Wednesday I found out I got into the knowledge factory as well!
Wooo well done mate! heres a hull uni 2015 facebook group for 2015 freshers www.facebook.com/groups/800830706619343/
Andy97a
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by katiecharc)
I think I'm firming Hull! BSc Physics with Astrophysics
if you firm it, join this facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/800830706619343/
and good luck!
katiecharc
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
am I at a disadvantage by not doing the knowledge factory? i didn't have high enough predicted grades.. but will everyone else go and make friends there before starting? i'm really scared of not being able to make friends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Hull
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Hull
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise