Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants Watch

pinkylicious
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by withlove)
Shall we post our articles on here after the deadline? Would be interesting to see people's interpretations of the brief! Should be sending mine off tomorrow morning, it's all done just need to make a few changes to the last paragraph.
haha I would love to know what everyone else wrote! I don't mind
jjswick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yesss definitely keen to know what other people wrote haha
withlove
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, does anyone have their own blog on here? Just wondered out of curiosity
Teddy Jones
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, does anyone have their own blog on here? Just wondered out of curiosity
I do! Www.theexperimentalist.co.uk
Do you?
collettebeckett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah www.palecoffee.com
kjasmine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
submitting mine today, so hard to keep it to the word limit but i'm really unsure on how to present it...oh well
collettebeckett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When submitting it do you have to put it as an attachment and into the writing on the email? Confused on what body of email means
withlove
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by collettebeckett)
When submitting it do you have to put it as an attachment and into the writing on the email? Confused on what body of email means
Copy and paste it into a normal email where you would normally put 'Dear..' and then attach as a document as well
collettebeckett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Copy and paste it into a normal email where you would normally put 'Dear..' and then attach as a document as well
Thankyou! X
lccy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How close to the word count did everyone get? I've reworded mine and now I've only got 763/800 words
withlove
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lccy)
How close to the word count did everyone get? I've reworded mine and now I've only got 763/800 words
10% +/- is usually the case, double checked this with my friend at CSM and said it's allowed. You don't count quotes, title or header.
lccy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
10% +/- is usually the case, double checked this with my friend at CSM and said it's allowed. You don't count quotes, title or header.
Thank you.

Also, for the title they asked you to call the actual document, it contained the '/' and my mac doesn't let me save things with forward slashes in the title so i had to remove them. Anyone else done this?

I'm worrying over the smallest things lol.
blancadeorbaneja
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I will be nearly 18 when I start uni.. I think being older is probably an advantage..! I am ridiculously nervous about submitting my piece!
I think it's a good idea to share our pieces, it would be interesting to see your interpretations.
I got my offer from LCC the other day too.
Fingers crossed for CSM and LCF. xxx
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lccy)
Thank you.

Also, for the title they asked you to call the actual document, it contained the '/' and my mac doesn't let me save things with forward slashes in the title so i had to remove them. Anyone else done this?

I'm worrying over the smallest things lol.
I couldnt save the word document with the whole name either I only included my student ID and name and 'fashion journalism article' but the title of the word doc i put the whole thing and the essay in the 'body' of the email.. I had 2 quotes in the essay and I included the word count with it ugh so it's probably 780 or something
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any of you have experience outside in the fashion world such as attending LFW? Or internships or something? Working backstage etc? Would be interesting to know x
kjasmine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pinkylicious)
Any of you have experience outside in the fashion world such as attending LFW? Or internships or something? Working backstage etc? Would be interesting to know x
i did a summer school at lcf last year and have some experience lined up for this summer but thats about it!
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I went to the showrooms of London Collections Men and managed to get into the KTZ show I couldn't believe my luck! Thanks to this really nice designer I know what they say about the fashion world being all nasty and mean isn't true it's how you perceive it with the right attitude.. Be nice to others and you will receive same treatment in due time!
blancadeorbaneja
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I only did an internship at Elle magazine last summer..!
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blancadeorbaneja)
I only did an internship at Elle magazine last summer..!
ooh how was it? I am currently freelancing for an italian magazine and it's really cool
kjasmine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i feel like i definitely do not have enough experience. Elle and KTZ sound amazing you guys are so lucky!! i'm going to storm and cosmo in the summer but other than that my only real experience is a few published articles and being the editor of my college magazine that i founded...nervous now! looking forward to seeing some of your articles after friday!xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads