Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from slavery? Watch

MrMango
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Professor Purple)
Their descendents benefitted from the fruits of the black mans work.

Do you think all the coton, crops etc vanished when the slave owner died?? No. It was inherited by the slave masters family, not the slaves.
Truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefulbunny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Juan)
Yeh but you forget to factor in the idea that post traumatic stress is inter-generational so black people today are feeling the neurological pain and torture caused by 'your' ancestors.
Your ancestors are my ancestors.
JoshDawg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Funny how everyone is putting people into groups on this thread, either white people or black people. This compensation money will never happen, unless of course some individual goes on some 'white' guilt trip and decides to pay every black person for compensation.
MrMango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Slavery is the reason blacks are seen as second class citizens and get the worst deal.. whites pretty much mentally and physically destroyed a great race of people.. I want my compo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JoshDawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrMango)
Slavery is the reason blacks are seen as second class citizens and get the worst deal.. whites pretty much mentally and physically destroyed a great race of people.. I want my compo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest I've never seen them as second class citizens. Maybe it's just where or how I was brought up.
Howbeit
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeh but you forget to factor in the idea that post traumatic stress is inter-generational so black people today are feeling the neurological pain and torture caused by 'your' ancestors.
I'm not sure I agree with this, I don't doubt what you say if there is any psychological evidence of what you say. The reason I'm sceptical is I studied Psychology for a year and never came across this.
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A few random points

- Slavery has never been confined to blacks. Whites/natives etc have also been targeted throughout history.
- Black Owners in the US owned and exploited black slaves. Maybe 'blacks' should pay compensation to blacks too?
- Point's been made, but indentured labour/serfs/etc etc etc has always existed. Capitalism got rid of it all, and now we have the working class instead. Oh well.
- Blacks in Britain were free.
Viceroy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
So this is basically just about you: you want white people, even those who have nothing to do with the history of slavery, to pay you because racial tensions are lousy. Sorry, but that is ridiculous and is never going to happen.

Black people are not second-class citizens, and their race has not been destroyed. Racial tensions are in a terrible place right now. That is true. But that does not mean that social and economic mobility is not possible.
Hopefulbunny
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Black people were never considered to be second class in my school. People were judged on their character not their colour. If you have a problem with that it's your problem, your character. Kids with chips on their shoulders have those chips knocked off.
MrMango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hopefulbunny)
Black people were never considered to be second class in my school. People were judged on their character not their colour. If you have a problem with that it's your problem, your character. Kids with chips on their shoulders have those chips knocked off.
Bull**** mate how can you possibly know that they didn't suffer any form of racial abuse? its unlikely everyone who went to your school were all lovely people. Your comment is typical tbh.. a lot of white people dont see racism as an existing thing, for obvious reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefulbunny
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bull**** mate how can you possibly know that they didn't suffer any form of racial abuse? its unlikely everyone who went to your school were all lovely people. Your comment is typical tbh.. a lot of white people dont see racism as an existing thing, for obvious reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What colour am I ? Obviously not what you assume.
You got a serious problem there. Loose it.
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We already pay enough reparations in the form of time spent having to listen to how awful we are and how every issue any black person has ever faced is the fault of a white man.
Cormac Easton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Huskaris)
We already pay enough reparations in the form of time spent having to listen to how awful we are and how every issue any black person has ever faced is the fault of a white man.

White people are bad this is a truth that many of us black people have accepted secretly. We are afraid of being shackled again we have to sleep with one eye open.
JoshDawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cormac Easton)
White people are bad this is a truth that many of us black people have accepted secretly. We are afraid of being shackled again we have to sleep with one eye open.
no.
MrMango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol you joker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even if that wasn't dumb pseudoscience, virtually everyone could claim to have a PTSD-hangover. Black people aren't the only ones who've ever faced difficulty.
The Juan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Skip_Snip)
Even if that wasn't dumb pseudoscience, virtually everyone could claim to have a PTSD-hangover. Black people aren't the only ones who've ever faced difficulty.
The disorder is genetic and only exists in the African genetic make-up, hence outside this large ethnic group it is biologically and genetically impossible for anyone to experience inter-generational post traumatic stress. Black people today are sill experiencing mental health issues over the pain and torture they had suffered, some have even recalled having memories in the form of nightmares from their ancestors
Cormac Easton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol you joker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
????
The Juan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hopefulbunny)
Your ancestors are my ancestors.
No they are not, many of my family branches have family crests that date 600 years ago so I am fully aware of those who participated in such actions. There is no doubt though that your ancestors engaged in the slave trade.
Phipp91
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Right... So if black people weren't free, why is the President of the worlds most powerful nation black? (Well mixed-race, but still...)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads