If this man totally wrong and cameron totally right Watch

MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
Yes you are, as I asked what are they supposed to do other than go to food banks (which is what this thread is about).

and clearly the job centre isn't learning from it considering that successful appeals are at an all time high.
Try not to get into the situation where they need to use food banks.

There's a whole host of reasons why people need to use food banks.

Sanctions are one of many. Access to free food is another. Inability to budget is another. Charities trying to address the record high waste levels of food waste in the supply chain is another.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
Try not to get into the situation where they need to use food banks.

There's a whole host of reasons why people need to use food banks.

Sanctions are one of many. Access to free food is another. Inability to budget is another. Charities trying to address the record high waste levels of food waste in the supply chain is another.
But how are those wrongly sanctioned supposed to do that? My god you are frustrating you dance around conversations like it's nobodies business.

The two main reasons stated for people needing to use food banks was sanctions (which I think was 18%) and benefit delays which if I recall correctly was a third of the statistics.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But how are those wrongly sanctioned supposed to do that? My god you are frustrating you dance around conversations like it's nobodies business.

The two main reasons stated for people needing to use food banks was sanctions (which I think was 18%) and benefit delays which if I recall correctly was a third of the statistics.
So are you saying that every food bank user has been incorrectly sanctioned?

So we're upto say 50% of foodbank users are linked to delays/cuts with their benefits.
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So are you saying that every food bank user has been incorrectly sanctioned?

So we're upto say 50% of foodbank users are linked to delays/cuts with their benefits.
Oh my god. No I am clearly not saying that :rolleyes:

Yes. Can you understand that or do you need a diagram?
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh my god. No I am clearly not saying that :rolleyes:

Yes. Can you understand that or do you need a diagram?
You've claimed that a 1/3 of foodbank users are down to delays in benefits plus the other 18% ( it's actually lower than that, just under 15%) of people on sanctions. That's pretty much 50%
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You've claimed that a 1/3 of foodbank users are down to delays in benefits plus the other 18% ( it's actually lower than that, just under 15%) of people on sanctions. That's pretty much 50%
Yes I said that, not that every single person who uses a food bank has been wrongly sanctioned.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I said that, not that every single person who uses a food bank has been wrongly sanctioned.
Now we're getting somewhere.

So what percentage of foodbank users do you think have been incorrectly sanctioned.

What percentage if foodbank users have been legitimately sanctioned?

What percentage of foodbank users do you think are just taking advantage of the situation?

Why are foodbanks popping up in countries like Norway that have lucrative benefits systems?

Why are family and friends not helping foodbank users out?
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Now we're getting somewhere.

So what percentage of foodbank users do you think have been incorrectly sanctioned.

What percentage if foodbank users have been legitimately sanctioned?

What percentage of foodbank users do you think are just taking advantage of the situation?

Why are foodbanks popping up in countries like Norway that have lucrative benefits systems?

Why are family and friends not helping foodbank users out?
It doesn't matter what percentage I think, my guess will either be wrong or right so there is no point in me saying. The true statistics are all that matter.

I have no idea about norway

As for family and friends, not everyone has them or those who can or will help.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It doesn't matter what percentage I think, my guess will either be wrong or right so there is no point in me saying. The true statistics are all that matter.

I have no idea about norway

As for family and friends, not everyone has them or those who can or will help.
Not everybody has family and friends but most do. You see this is my problem. No matter how well intended your opinion is, more people will take advantage of the situation because generally people like something for nothing.

Try answering this question.

Why should I be expected to pay more in taxes to bailout others who has in most cases the same opportunities as me?

Here's an article you may like to read from a foodbanks perspective.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...s-Says-Pioneer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads