Men want virgins to marry. Let me explain please. Watch

Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ekemini)
Actually I am 16. Will be 17 this year. Did I sound that stupid or immature in the original post?
not stupid or immature-innocent…I was not far off as it happens. And again no value judgment, you have been brought up to fear losing your innocence.

did you read my long post to you, explaining what I meant?
sheri3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by luuucyx)
my ex was nigerian tho and he wasnt pissed off i wasnt a virgin hahaha, he most definitely was not a virgin but i never was bothered because i took him as a person
that's great to be honest, funnily enough never even wanted to be with a nigerian guy. i don't think it's an issue being with someone who's not a virgin, but i'd prefer one because i'm a virgin, as long as they don't pressure me into sex or make out as if i'm obligated to give him sex if you get what i mean?
rachelc142
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
EXACTLY! honestly, its just ridiculous. my mum was like that too and then she was like actually do you know what at least you're being sensible.

the whole shame thing is not needed tho, women have so much other **** to put up with.

i have a bunch of friends that are like 22 and virgins, and fair ****ing play to them! everyone is different. woo girl power hahaha
Yeah exactly - as long as it's safe sex I don't see the problem.
Exactly, everybody IS different, same with me my friends are a variety on the sex front tbh and none of us give an iota
(Original post by Fideo)
You can't be serious lol.

There's some people that don't have the desires but it's a very small minority and the discussion is about in general, not using outliers to prove some kind of point. Humans desire to pass on their genes - I seriously don't know how you can try to argue against that.
Sorry I'm done with this argument, you cannot convince me that sex is 1)always meaningful 2) always for recreational purposes , and unless I'm misunderstanding your viewpoint I can't see us ever agreeing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ekemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
not stupid or immature-innocent…

did you read my long post to you, explaining what I meant?
Sorry I didn't see it before I replied
luuucyx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
eh I dislike the way you are laughing at men who are 'whipped' for want of a better word.

I also feel that women should initiate more but that is a third wave feminism problem, OP's situation (if not a troll) is decisively in the first wave and higher priority imo.
no im not laughing at men although i see how it comes across like that, i was a bit wound up at OP. what i mean is i think that in a relationship its so nice to be 'whipped' at times, when you do cute stuff for the other because it just shows affection but it should be a two way thing.

what i mean is i know a lot of girls that settle for guys that arent right for them and who seem to have relatively little backbone, because its just easier so that people dont judge them
Fideo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rachelc142)
Sorry I'm done with this argument, you cannot convince me that sex is 1)always meaningful 2) always for recreational purposes , and unless I'm misunderstanding your viewpoint I can't see us ever agreeing

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't claim either of those things so yes this is going nowhere.
Slim and proud
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am not expecting. I don't expect anything of anyone. Ok maybe I expect my future boyfriend to be hot, have tattoos, a deep voice, look like Jack frost from Rise of the guardians and have a dark past( I am just blabbing here )But its the society's belief and I cannot exactly change it
You do understand that this type of guy will probably want to have sex with you right?
luuucyx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sheri3)
that's great to be honest, funnily enough never even wanted to be with a nigerian guy. i don't think it's an issue being with someone who's not a virgin, but i'd prefer one because i'm a virgin, as long as they don't pressure me into sex or make out as if i'm obligated to give him sex if you get what i mean?
exactly! i think the key to it is feeling ready and emotionally mature enough! being in a stable enough relationship and knowing that you are loved!

anyone that were to pressure you would be a **** not to respect your wishes so i totally get you and i think thats such a good way to be
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Moved to society
Ekemini
Rep:
?
(Original post by sheri3)
Asin. I am not looking for a Nigerian guy. Too much stress. You have to know how to cook well, clean the house well blah blah or his mother will throw you out. I am learning how to do this things cause its part of training but the mother in law thing sounds like a nightmare.
sheri3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
exactly! i think the key to it is feeling ready and emotionally mature enough! being in a stable enough relationship and knowing that you are loved!

anyone that were to pressure you would be a **** not to respect your wishes so i totally get you and i think thats such a good way to be
thank you loads! i just hope it all works out aha everythings so uncertain at this point
luuucyx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rachelc142)
Yeah exactly - as long as it's safe sex I don't see the problem.
Exactly, everybody IS different, same with me my friends are a variety on the sex front tbh and none of us give an iota

Posted from TSR Mobile
you can be my TSR soul sister hahaha

i think equality in all aspects of life
Ekemini
Rep:
?
(Original post by Slim and proud)
You do understand that this type of guy will probably want to have sex with you right?
Hahaha. I know . But I am a romantic and will expect him to understand my decision and still stick with me. I am really a hopeless romantic
sheri3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Asin. I am not looking for a Nigerian guy. Too much stress. You have to know how to cook well, clean the house well blah blah or his mother will throw you out. I am learning how to do this things cause its part of training but the mother in law thing sounds like a nightmare.
I know rightttt. some in London are okay not so demanding just more sexually active most likely. But race and whatever doesnt matter its just all about respect and trust. i need and deserve respect.
Ekemini
Rep:
?
no im not laughing at men although i see how it comes across like that, i was a bit wound up at OP. what i mean is i think that in a relationship its so nice to be 'whipped' at times, when you do cute stuff for the other because it just shows affection but it should be a two way thing.

what i mean is i know a lot of girls that settle for guys that arent right for them and who seem to have relatively little backbone, because its just easier so that people dont judge them
Why were you wound up at me.
Slim and proud
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hahaha. I know . But I am a romantic and will expect him to understand my decision and still stick with me. I am really a hopeless romantic
How exactly do you plan to convince him to wait?
Ekemini
Rep:
?
(Original post by Slim and proud)
How exactly do you plan to convince him to wait?
I really don't know. I will cross that bridge when I get there guess. Maybe try to explain that its what I value and cherish and want to give to someone I know will stick with me till the end
Ekemini
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Internet)
Moved to society
Sorry but why. I don't think people will see it as much that's why I put it here.
catsis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a virgin and waiting until marriage but I can easily see when I guy wants me for my virginity and that kind of guy would never become my husband. Let me tell you that.

I'm a person first and a virgin second - if that makes sense. My personality will stay for longer than my virginity and you need to accept all that I am first before you decide you want to be the 'virgin slayer'.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

thanks for clarifying. I also like to do cute stuff for partners and did with my ex, it was reciprocated; but I think if that as 'treated' or 'spoiled' whipped is more serious controlling behaviour

that's the case for a select number of man-children sure, but you do know that a lot of (mostly young) women also have unrealistic expectations of men especially for the age group they're both at. As in 16 year old girls expect 17 year old guys to function at the same level as a 25 year old?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise