The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply before Friday please, so I'm doing my EPQ on whether the Atkins diet is better than the slimming world diet for losing weight (boring I know 😂) I'm on 3,000 words without a intro or conclusion so basically I need 1000 more words but don't know what to base them on? It's not very well structured I must admit but I've talked about both diets in detail, talked about obesity and dieting in general
Original post by Alex347_
Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualification, since it is very different to most other high school qualifications and ultimately, it requires a lot of independence and is quite difficult, and so I'm sure there's a lot of you that may want advice. You can ask them here or PM me about it, I don't mind either way.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm currently in Year 12 and will be doing the EPQ next year. Is there any chance that you know how much writing you will need to do
Reply 122
Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualification, since it is very different to most other high school qualifications and ultimately, it requires a lot of independence and is quite difficult, and so I'm sure there's a lot of you that may want advice. You can ask them here or PM me about it, I don't mind either way.

Thanks.

A reply before tomorrow would be great, I was wondering how often you wrote in your epq diary?
Reply 123
hi guys, would anybody be able to take a look at the epq i have done, this was the final draft but i have tweaked it since but dont have access to the epq i have submitted. was just wondering if anybody can give me an idea of what mark/grade i would be looking at as my teachers were not very helpful or even there half the time so I kind of just did it on my own, any indications would be very useful to me as i am dying to know my result.

Thanks.

Hey, I wanted to know when are the results for the EPQ summer series released? Same for the November series...does any one know the results day for the November series? I'm just praying it's before the 15th January.
Hi! I am currently trying to pick my EPQ title and was wondering if you had any suggestions. I am applying for business management and wanted to do an EPQ title relating to this but I cannot think of an interesting one to research and talk about in my personal statement.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!
Hi, I'm struggling to find a way to phrase my title so could do with some help, so far it is:

1) Would distribution of reusable menstrual products increase the likelihood of Zimbabwean girls staying in education?

2) Would reusable menstrual products be a more viable alternative to disposables in Zimbabwe?

I'm thinking of doing an artefact and sewing some pads to send out to our partner school in Zimbabwe if the teacher at school who is the chair of the school in Zimbabwe agrees so how could I incorporate this into a question?

Thanks
Hi I was thinking of doing my EPQ on superheroes, like the science of superheroes. Is that a good idea??
Reply 128
What's everyone's thoughts on a blog for an EPQ?

Thanks.

nice work! anyway you could help me out, as I'm about t start mine i go into year 13 next year.. I'm planning to do mine on climate change and write the essay..
Original post by Placeboo123
How can I relate an EPQ to a mathematics degree? I was thinking about doing one next year, but I don't know too much about it and especially not sure what it'd look like for maths?
What does it look like? So if I wanted to do something statistically related would I go research deeply into a very particular area, or just broad idea?
Also is there anything I could start this year to be ahead for year 13?
How do universities view EPQs?
You're fully done with it in January?

If you're still stuck this website might you some ideas: http://www.mei.org.uk/extendedprojects
Did u find out before results day? cause I heard from my teachers that the grade can change on results day if the grade boundaries change or if it is externally marked.
Original post by Exceptional
I got an A in mine today (a mark off an A*). It was about Economics, so if anyone needs help tackling a similar topic I'd be glad to assist. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi i still haven't decided with a topic , but i know it has to be about economics as i have a passion for what , what broad areas of economics can i write/research on that i can write an amazing paper on ? Also how long did it take you to complete your paper ?
How exactly would you structure the 5000 word essay and what's the lit review?
How do I start with my research?

We were supposed to do it over summer, I've done absolutely none, and I do want an A*. :colondollar:

I just don't know how to start it, but I'm thinking of spending some solid time on it this weekend. At least to catch up with research.

Doing a History related one (French revolution)
Reply 135

Thanks.

Hi there,
Im a bit confused on how to structure my epq, and the textbook is quite vague. Also, i dont really get what a literature review is. Do we just include one, or several for each subheading? What structure did you use (as in abstract, introduction, lit review, etc- i dont have any clue to be honest :smile: )?
Also, can you upload additional files? Ive got a ton of research id like to be marked, but i dont know if i have to include it in the report for it to be seen.
Any help is much appreciated!
anyone know how I can relate my EPQ to Quantity surveying? (I want to do it at uni)
Original post by yungggnike
hi i still haven't decided with a topic , but i know it has to be about economics as i have a passion for what , what broad areas of economics can i write/research on that i can write an amazing paper on ? Also how long did it take you to complete your paper ?

If I was doing mine on Economics I'd do it about the EU referendum.
would you mind filling out my questionnaire please!! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WF7XNMW
Im doing an EPQ as well. Anyone doing it on Medical Sciences?

Latest

Trending

Trending