The Student Room Group

Why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr Pesto
Does anyone else think this is a strange thing to ask someone? I've been asked why I don't have a girlfriend a couple of times already this year, and I never really know what to say in response. It's as if, in many people's eyes, being in a relationship should be the default for human beings, and if you aren't in one you should have a reason or excuse for yourself.

I'm comfortable being single, but I can't help going on the defensive when somebody asks me why I am, even though I know sometimes it's said almost as a compliment. Does anyone else feel like this?

I feel this way too.But all I can assume is that these answer seeking people want to know what makes us strong enough to stay single.From what I have witnessed,people usually get into a relationship because they think they need to be in one and not because they want to.
Because I'm too friendly

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no banter
I don't see why I should be in a relationship for the sake of it tbh. :bebored:
Because i want to be 100% comfortable in my own skin first before i meet someone because only then will i be truly happy and able to share my love generously with the person. I know i can get any guy i want but my insecurities are whats stopping me. I dont want to be one of those girls yhas constantly needing reassurance that their man loves them due to lack of self love.
Original post by sr90
Dog ugly, out of shape, no self confidence, shy around new people, few friends, inexperienced, plenty of people out there better than me.

Pick one.

There will ALWAYS be someone better and someone worse off no matter who you are. Be happy with yourself :smile:
Because I'm extremely clingy.

Ohh, and because I was dumped :sad: :cry2:
I'm single because I love being single and for some reason i attract guys that are more emotional than me and i just can't. I can never be the girl really. :confused:
Original post by wellholathere
I'm single because I love being single and for some reason i attract guys that are more emotional than me and i just can't. I can never be the girl really. :confused:

This. There's nothing like your boyfriend squealing and asking YOU to kill the spider in the tub. :lol:
Pretty doo doo with girls if I'm honest.
I do hate it sometimes,some people can make you feel odd as well :frown: I am single because I am single simples. I don’t mind the compliements though what person dont :biggrin:.
Original post by Binary Freak
Because I'm extremely clingy.

Ohh, and because I was dumped :sad: :cry2:

In other words: you wanted to make a relationship, but no one with you? and since you was dumbed a relationship for you is over completely?
Original post by LouiseC15
I'm not good enough for anyone. I've been told I'm too fat ( although my dr says the opposite) and that I need plastic surgery to fix myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure that's not true :smile:
Why am I single?

Because I imagine being multiple is far too much work.
I'm not attractive enough
Don't really have the time to commit to someone, and I'm quite apprehensive as I've never opted to be in a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being in a relationship is hard work. Breakups, cheating, immaturity.

just kidding, I'm an insociable nerd
Original post by LouiseC15
I'm not good enough for anyone. I've been told I'm too fat ( although my dr says the opposite) and that I need plastic surgery to fix myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rubbish! One day, someone will consider themselves the luckiest person in the world to have you. You don't need plastic surgery either, by all means do it if you want to, but don't let anyone pressure you into believing that you're not beautiful just as you are.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm not attractive enough

Don't use your unideal face as an excuse. There are little people and amputees and morbidly obese people with halitosis and unibrows who are happily involved.
Original post by pocahontas lol
Don't use your unideal face as an excuse. There are little people and amputees and morbidly obese people with halitosis and unibrows who are happily involved.

Yeah I guess.. My excuse therefore is I haven't found the right guy yet :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending