Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Nerves are the only thing that messed me uo in the end of my first interview. As its on skype might be more comfortable. Just listen carefully to what they ask and say what you are thinking. Try to dismay any nerves as much as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much for your kind reply. I appreciate it.

Can you please tell me how was your interview? Any potential questions? And what sort of things do they focus on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roman97)
    Congrats on your offer! Wish you the best of luck. I was wondering if you can help me. I have a skype interview at Sidney Sussex and I am really creeped out. Can you please tell me what to expect? And how should I prepare for it? I am really doing my best but I would really appreciate it if you could tell me about any potential questions and any tips for answering them. Thank you in advance! And congratulations once again
    Hi there! Thank you very much!
    Sorry for the slow reply. All I can say is be logical. Talk through what you're thinking really clearly. That's the best advice I can give you.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your kind reply. I appreciate it.

Can you please tell me how was your interview? Any potential questions? And what sort of things do they focus on?
    They focus on questions that require you to think. My first interview was good until the end. The second one went really well, answered the questions near flawless in the second one!
    The key is thinking, and showing how you think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fanta4TheBanter)
    Hi there! Thank you very much!
    Sorry for the slow reply. All I can say is be logical. Talk through what you're thinking really clearly. That's the best advice I can give you.

Good luck!
    Were the questions similar to the A-level syllabus or did they ask a far more complicated question?
    Is there anyway to prepare? Any example questions?

ReputationRep:
    They focus on questions that require you to think. My first interview was good until the end. The second one went really well, answered the questions near flawless in the second one!
    The key is thinking, and showing how you think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well good for you! I hope my interview goes the same way the only thing is I cant find any sample questions to understand how the question requires a special way of critical thinking. I would appreciate it if you could just give me an example to make it clearer

thank you

ReputationRep:
    Well good for you! I hope my interview goes the same way the only thing is I cant find any sample questions to understand how the question requires a special way of critical thinking. I would appreciate it if you could just give me an example to make it clearer

thank you
    What subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Engineering science
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Engineering science
    Engineering Science is Oxford.

Anyway, try this by CUED: http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org

But why are they interviewing you now? Surely the pool is closed and offers already issued. Which college is this for?

ReputationRep:
    Engineering science
    http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Engineering Science is Oxford.

Anyway, try this by CUED: http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org

But why are they interviewing you now? Surely the pool is closed and offers already issued. Which college is this for?
    Lol i sent this to him this morning..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes physicsmaths just sent me this web site and it is useful. thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    Were the questions similar to the A-level syllabus or did they ask a far more complicated question?
    For Engineering, I'd say make sure you're up to date with what you've been doing in Maths, as well as the things you had to do at AS level. Also have a read or two through your AS Physics revision guide. The questions they asked me weren't crazily hard, they just required a bit of extra thinking.

Hope this helped. 😃

ReputationRep:
    I'd also highly recommend going on http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org! Extremely useful!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Fanta4TheBanter)
    I'd also highly recommend going on http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org! Extremely useful!
    And that's 4 recommendations

ReputationRep:
    Surprised no one has mentioned this website yet: http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Surprised no one has mentioned this website yet: http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Loll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your help! I'll keep you in track of what happens regarding the interview

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone here who applied to St Johns for NatSci tell me what i need to know for the at interview test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurengc1999)
    Could anyone here who applied to St Johns for NatSci tell me what i need to know for the at interview test?
    Honestly don't think a lot of them are on here that often anymore..

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.