Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you believe in God? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
    Yes
    35.00%
    No
    65.00%

ReputationRep:
    There is no God. Where's the proof? I find it so difficult to understand why people can so easily believe something that has never and probably will never be proved. Fine if I'm wrong, I'll go to hell. That's fine by me.

I bet those who follow their religion and believe in the supernatural (yes God is classed as supernatural, should he exist) are the ones who believe the garbage the media throws at them without questioning anything, living life completely innocently and oblivious to all that's occurring.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soanonymous)
    There is no God. Where's the proof? I find it so difficult to understand why people can so easily believe something that has never and probably will never be proved. Fine if I'm wrong, I'll go to hell. That's fine by me.

I bet those who follow their religion and believe in the supernatural (yes God is classed as supernatural, should he exist) are the ones who believe the garbage the media throws at them without questioning anything, living life completely innocently and oblivious to all that's occurring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong and wrong.I do science and maths and probably know alot more about it than you do I bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong and wrong.I do science and maths and probably know alot more about it than you do I bet.
    You know more about my opinion than I do? Well isn't that interesting.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't need some imaginary friend for emotional support.

ReputationRep:
    I simply have no reason to believe in an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, personal God.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flibber)
    No.

I used to force myself to believe in a God as recently as last October due to Pascal's Wager but then I came across a user called 'The Epicurean' who rather impressively deconstructed the arguments for God.

By the way, does this destroy the Euthyphro dilemma?
    1) Let A be 'this action is good'
    Let B be 'God commands it'
    2) In the Euthyphro dilemma we must choose between A->B or B->A
    3)A-> B (this action is good, therefore God commands it) then logically ¬B->¬A (if God doesn't command it, this action is not good)
    4) B-> A (God commands it, therefore this action is good) then logically ¬A->¬B (if this action is not good, then God doesn't command it)

Technically, isn't B-> A the better choice as ¬A->¬B sounds better than ¬B->¬A (since I can think of things that are considered good but is not not commanded by God 3000 years ago in the Bible)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mathematics, in particular modal logic, can be used to prove anything , just look at Godel ontological argument for example , so your point seems irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu)
    No. Because I've got a few friends called science, logic & reason
    The only friends that you need in life.

ReputationRep:
    No never have and nothing I've ever heard or read has convinced me otherwise.
    Oddly though, I did used to believe in heaven and angels when I was very small but I don't anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    No, I don't need some imaginary friend for emotional support.
    This

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course

ReputationRep:
    No i don't believe in God.
    I was born into a Catholic home, but as i grew up and experienced some situations i started to have my doubts about Christianity. I don't believe in the bible or anything in it, i just don't understand it, like how do we know whats in the bible is true? there not enough proof. I don't believe in heaven or hell either. I think there is a God/Creator but i don't know who/what it is, i consider myself Agnostic.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I used to, for a long time, but I have far too many issues with the concept, let alone that concept existing. Too anthropocentric. Too Platonic.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I am god. I have issues with confidence however so I'm not sure if I believe in myself.

ReputationRep:
    I do.

ReputationRep:
    if only we knew

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.