Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Better Call Saul watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyway yeah there's absolutely no way she should have told Jimmy.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of expected more from a finale to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I liked it and I loved what saul said to mike in the end. I don't think he's reached the point of becoming saul but this was definitely a move in that direction. I really hate chuck especially when you realise what a good brother jimmy is and how he deserves better. I can't wait to see the next season, and although some may call that finale lackluster it was a great episode for characterisation. We learn so much more about jimmy and I loved it - I think its unfair to expect there to be as much gore and action as bb since thw shows have such different premises. It would have been strange for that to happen in the finale of this season of the show!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the finale was very different from what i expected but I'm not saying i didn't enjoy it. I was really curious about Saul's past every time they had showed a few minutes of it at the beginning of some episodes and now we know a lot more. The only thing I missed a little was the usual cliffhanger that makes you feel like you can't wait for the next season to start.

By the way, is it just me or Saul's friend was really a lot like John Candy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander01)
    Kind of expected more from a finale to be honest.
    This. Nothing really happened. Had it ended on e9 it would have been the perfect season.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was kind of strange. Not a bad episode by any means, but definitely didn't feel like a finale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Yeah it was kind of strange. Not a bad episode by any means, but definitely didn't feel like a finale.
    I get what you mean. I had to double check that it was actually the last episode of the season :/

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel like it's over. I watched the last episode on Sunday and it didn't by far feel like the end. I know it's supposed to be the start of his whole career as Saul but I thought we'd get a bit into the whole Saul Goodman thing. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the series but as my favourite character from Breaking Bad, I feel like we need to know a bit more about Saul Goodman, not just Jimmy!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Season two will be even better I imagine. I think the final episode was probably the weakest of the series. I can't wait to see Mike and Jimmy come together to scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinae)
    I don't feel like it's over. I watched the last episode on Sunday and it didn't by far feel like the end. I know it's supposed to be the start of his whole career as Saul but I thought we'd get a bit into the whole Saul Goodman thing. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the series but as my favourite character from Breaking Bad, I feel like we need to know a bit more about Saul Goodman, not just Jimmy!
    We'll find out more in season 2.

I enjoyed the first season, a couple of slow episodes but it had its great moments too. My favourite episode was #8 (I think) where he started the case against the retirement home and was trying to write a cease and desist letter in the toilet. Defiant hustling at its finest.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Episode eight was the best by far. Great hour of TV.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take episode 6. No offense to Jimmy, Mike is just the man.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I'll take episode 6. No offense to Jimmy, Mike is just the man.
    Banks deserves award recognition for that performance.

ReputationRep:
    Just binged this in a few days.

Still don't know why Jimmy didn't go to the meeting in the final episode? Was it something to do with Marco? He was looking at Marco's ring before turning back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexa)
    Just binged this in a few days.

Still don't know why Jimmy didn't go to the meeting in the final episode? Was it something to do with Marco? He was looking at Marco's ring before turning back.
    He turned away from the steadily lucrative white collar rat race to be a hustler. Marco died with nothing and nobody except the lifestyle he had with Jimmy so he probably felt that leaving that behind would be abandoning Marco's legacy, hence the ring reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    He turned away from the steadily lucrative white collar rat race to be a hustler. Marco died with nothing and nobody except the lifestyle he had with Jimmy so he probably felt that leaving that behind would be abandoning Marco's legacy, hence the ring reference.
    That's true and a good point. I think also up to that moment he wanted to work in a big law firm because he had the belief of his brother backing him up. After that had gone he lost all interest to make it as a straight-ahead lawyer, instead going back to slipping Jimmy which is when his life felt the most fulfilled.

I actually really like this show, didn't know what to expect after BB. But there are still so many characters yet to reveal, as well as their unique histories e.g. how Jimmy got Mike to work for him, how he met Huell and Kuby, how he met Gus Fring. Looking forward to the next few seasons

ReputationRep:
    the wife was a btch, cheated on her husband and assumed it was alright afterwards because she told him about it. this is why society is fkt. ending was terrible. they made him out to be such an intelligent person but how could he die wit no self-respect. he got screwed over throughout all the seasons; gray matter, his wife, he got beaten up a lot. 6/10 wouldnt watch it twice.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bryan Cranston shoots down rumours of him appearing next season: http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_New...1121436559557/

ReputationRep:
    Looking to watch this. Hope it lives up to BB's hype.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's a smart move by Walter and Jesse not to be included. Better Call Saul is its own entity and deserves to stand alone.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.