Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Dijon (central europe). I'm from Hungary!
    A lot of guys are heading to Reims here

ReputationRep:
    Interviewed last month! It was better than the last time heheh.. However, I ended up withdrawing my application because I was admitted to my first choice in the US. Good luck, guys!

ReputationRep:
    I am confused with Science Po's website.

Are the articles in the interview focused on the area you wanna enroll in? for instance, would my article be about Asia if I am applying to the Europe-Asia program?

Are you required to study courses in French in your second year in Le Havre (Europe-Asia) program?

Do most students continue with a master in Paris Campus before working? Although Science Po is a renown school, getting a bachelor in general arts and humanities without a major seems insecure for finding a good job. but I don't really want to continue with a master before getting a job. any thoughts on that?
    If I am not going to continue with a master, is it much better in terms of career prospect to apply to a dual program?

Anybody knows how much is the living cost in Le Havre? How much should I budget for the 3 years other than $10040 tuition fee each year?

Anyone knows Science Po's IB requirement? I am doing IBDP, how high should my grades be to apply. I know there won't be an exact number but I hope to know the average grades of IB students who get in. Anyone has this information?

I know that the Columbia-Science Po program is highly competitive. But is UBC-Science Po program competitive as well? Or is the regional campus more competitive than the UBC-Sci Po dual program?

Sorry for this large bunch of questions. I would be extremely grateful if anyone would give me any insight on them. Thank you so much in advance.

P.S. 2016/2017 prospective applicant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la97l)
    I am confused with Science Po's website.

Are the articles in the interview focused on the area you wanna enroll in? for instance, would my article be about Asia if I am applying to the Europe-Asia program?

Are you required to study courses in French in your second year in Le Havre (Europe-Asia) program?

Do most students continue with a master in Paris Campus before working? Although Science Po is a renown school, getting a bachelor in general arts and humanities without a major seems insecure for finding a good job. but I don't really want to continue with a master before getting a job. any thoughts on that?
    If I am not going to continue with a master, is it much better in terms of career prospect to apply to a dual program?

Anybody knows how much is the living cost in Le Havre? How much should I budget for the 3 years other than $10040 tuition fee each year?

Anyone knows Science Po's IB requirement? I am doing IBDP, how high should my grades be to apply. I know there won't be an exact number but I hope to know the average grades of IB students who get in. Anyone has this information?

I know that the Columbia-Science Po program is highly competitive. But is UBC-Science Po program competitive as well? Or is the regional campus more competitive than the UBC-Sci Po dual program?

Sorry for this large bunch of questions. I would be extremely grateful if anyone would give me any insight on them. Thank you so much in advance.

P.S. 2016/2017 prospective applicant
    Hello there, good of you to start gathering information this early!

I'll be heading to the Reims campus under the Europe-Africa scheme this Aug so I won't be able to shed light on the competitiveness of the dual degrees, though from what I heard the UBC-SciPo is less competitive. That being said, I feel that competitiveness should not be a high-ranking factor in choosing which path to apply to, for in the end, it still depends on your own individual capabilities. Have faith and just send it ! You can never escape from competition in life.

Yes your article will correspond to the campus you are applying for.

I don't think you have to take French courses in the 2nd year, go to the Le Havre campus website, the course syllabus is there.

Honestly, your question about pursing Masters is impossible to answer because it depends on your own life goals and career aspirations. I feel that it is more prudent to take the undergrad years to explore fully and discover what concretely are your goals for the future. It seems like you are jumping the gun by worrying about this so early. Some people do work and gain job experience, before deciding they want to go back to school again.

Life is fluid, don't lock yourself into unnecessary worries too early in the game.

And no dual degrees do not = better career prospects. Your performance and how you put yourself out there by challenging yourself determine your job prospects. If you have a particular field you want to work in, it would of course help to choose a reputable program in that field.

Living costs in Le Havre, once again please read their website. Not the general one, but the Le Havre one.

There's no IB requirement, of course you can't fail it, if not they will withdraw their offer. Otherwise SciPo makes unconditional offers, so don't worry too much and try your best.

Best wishes to you, I would be more than happy to answer any follow-up questions!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I have one question. I'm totally confused. The campus in Paris is only for Masters or?

ReputationRep:
    Any of you that got in, what were your IB scores like? And does anyone know if some campuses are easier to get into than others? It doesn't seem like many people (based on the forums) apply to Poitiers so that leads me to think that there is less competition for that campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janexjc)
    Hey guys! I'm from Singapore and just got accepted into the euro-african campus at Reims. To those who are also accepted to Reims, are you guys also part of this campus or the euro-american one? Would love to connect / answer any questions from those who are still waiting to be interviewed! Thanks and all the best !
    wow I didn't know that there is euro-african programme at Reims as well. I applied for Euro-American one and just had my interview this Tuesday. Do you know how long it takes for the interview result to come out? I feel so nervous right now more than before my interview took place.

ReputationRep:
    what was the interview about? how did it go? were the questions very hard?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Im from Poland and I want to apply to Reims. When do you think is to the best to apply? How and where should I do it? If you have any advices for me let me know! And how much do you pay fro studies!?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.