Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Edulcorante)
    Would there be a college that is good for English lit or are the colleges basically irrelevant to what you're studying?
    Basically irrelevant, it's not like Cambridge or Oxford colleges

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Understood - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Stuck between Vanbrugh and derwent. I like the idea of party/social aspect of dereent but would have preferred an ensuite (self catered) which it doesn't have and flat-style layout. Is Vanbrugh just as soci/party like? Any advice?!

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm gonna go for a Goodricke!!!!! seems like a nice size and and want a en-suite that isn't too pricey!!!

ReputationRep:
    What would be the best accomodation for English Lang and Linguistics? Ideally im wanting a self catered, ensuite and sociable.

Im thinkin either Vanbrugh, Alcuin (even though im not doubting this as ive heard its quiet) or langwith.

Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in first year and in Constantine College. I basically chose it because its on the same campus as my department. Colleges aren't linked to your course. It's basically where you live, and they put on events and stuff every week too.

ReputationRep:
    People seem to think that York uni has ugly buildings but I have to say that's not my own impression.

Which college would you say has the most beautiful setting/buildings? Conversely, which college is the least "aesthetically pleasing"?

ReputationRep:
    Derwent is only catered and doesnt have en suite which is a probably for me, best on the social scene despite this one?

ReputationRep:
    The most musical college is Vanbrugh, althouh this doesnt mean its all that it does. I know alot of people in vanbrugh and non of them do music.
    Im in derwent, by far the best college. The only reason why everyone hates it is because they all want to be in it. Im in new build acconomdation (standard) right next to D bar. Its the only college with 2 bars and always has lots going on plus its big club Ds which are twice a term. Very central to everything and a short walk (10 mins) from the sports centre and the 22 (playing fields)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR121)
    Stuck between Vanbrugh and derwent. I like the idea of party/social aspect of dereent but would have preferred an ensuite (self catered) which it doesn't have and flat-style layout. Is Vanbrugh just as soci/party like? Any advice?!
    Honeslty an ensuite really isnt necessary at uni. Derwent is alot more fun than Vanbrugh although vanbrugh aconomdation is alot smarter if you get the standard acconomdation. Some of vanbrugh is exactly like the derwent accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyH321)
    Honeslty an ensuite really isnt necessary at uni. Derwent is alot more fun than Vanbrugh although vanbrugh aconomdation is alot smarter if you get the standard acconomdation. Some of vanbrugh is exactly like the derwent accomodation.
    Ok thanks. What was the derwent corridor-style layout like, was it easy to make friends? A flat sounded my kind of thing but derwent also looks good

University open days

1. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sun, 16 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.