Turn on thread page Beta

Duncan of Jordanstone applications 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine
    And apparently, the stars weren't perfectly aligned, just slightly - I got a rejection, so it's probably batches of people being assessed at a time. Oh well, there's still next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tronicfalc)
    Thanks guys

I'm still in a state of disbelief.
    Yeah I know what you mean aah! It really sunk in when I was going to sleep and all cuddled up in my blankets haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nyriel)
    I can imagine
    And apparently, the stars weren't perfectly aligned, just slightly - I got a rejection, so it's probably batches of people being assessed at a time. Oh well, there's still next year!
    Aww damn stars :/! But I'm sure next year will work out !

ReputationRep:
    Aw no Nyriel! That sucks. At least you have a year to make things even better though.

i loved my gap year, and I'm super glad I took it if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tronicfalc)
    Thanks guys

I'm still in a state of disbelief.

Same!! This is so surreal hahaha. Mum is in tears 😂

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm sure it will, somehow - thanks ^^ And I'm partly glad I think, I know I have quite a lot to work on, so.

ReputationRep:
    Yup! Always best to think of the positives. You should definitely try travelling if you can save the money because it made my year awesome and all my uni friends are super jealous.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I will be sure to try that out! I'll have to save up some money first, though. And maybe I'll be able to enroll on some portfolio preparation course, or another foundation year from Extra. There are a lot of possibilities, and also ready plans, so I'll have to think about it.

ReputationRep:
    A portfolio course can be really helpful. The year I did at college helped me fully understand the actual sketchbook development process, and it's also pretty good for just boosting your confidence. It's definitely worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    Any luck today?

ReputationRep:
    ​nothing so far :/

ReputationRep:
    Ack same here, my friend got rejected last night though sadly. :/

ReputationRep:
    That sucks just gonna have to hope for the best I guess.
    I feel like they must have a batch of people for each day and out of that batch they send acceptances and rejections.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've seen people posting about being rejected and about getting unconditionals the last few days so I'm sure you're right about that To be honest I don't think I'd be so impatient if it weren't for the fact that all my friends know if they're in, I feel left out! Haha

ReputationRep:
    Speak of the devil, here comes my rejection email :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh did you get a Track email? 0: Fingers crossed it's an offer! x

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not today :/

ah well, I'll hopefully get into glasgow college for the portfolio course :3

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I'm really sorry I'm sure you'll get in after doing a portfolio though! Is it City of Glasgow you've applied for or Glasgow Clyde?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I want sure my portfolio was good enough really so I was happy to do a portfolio course.

i applied to glasgow Clyde and also Dundee and Angus college. I'm not too bothered which one I go to really, they both look good

ReputationRep:
    My friend who didn't get in has applied to Glasgow Clyde as well for the portfolio course, it looks like a really good one. Maybe you'll be on the same course next year.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.