Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by i9l7f)
    Hi
    Looking forward to moving to Sheffield in September :-) just wondering what parking is like for students? Would I be able to securely keep a car at my student residence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good morning

Thank you for choosing Sheffield, we look forward to seeing you in September. As the university campus and the city are quite compact and things are within walking/cycling distance, we normally advise students to only bring a car if it's absolutely necessary. However, we also appreciate that using a car is a necessity for some and you can buy a student parking permit.

Further details of the permit system (and links to a map showing the location of car parks at Endcliffe and Ranmoor) are available from:
    http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/parkingse...dentresidences

Best regards

Elizabeth
    UK/EU Student Recruitment Officer
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ambz1996)
    Hi, I've received a place at sheff uni to study English literature with the entry requirements AA Distinction, however my English language teacher has been giving me misguided advice and marking my coursework incorrectly, and now it seems that I'm likely to get AB Distinction instead, would I still be offered a place as I feel I've been cheated out of a place at my first choice uni, is there anyone I can talk to about this issue?
    Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your English studies and the worry this is causing you. Please contact our Applicant Information Desk (AID) and one of our trained advisors will be able to give you some one-to-one advice:

[email protected]
    0114 222 8030

I hope it goes well.

Best regards

Elizabeth

ReputationRep:
    Hi, want to ask I firmed sheffield and am dreaming the day to go there, I fill also the disrupted study form as am sick and under treatment , my parent met one agent here for sheffield and told us that they will support my application but they ask us to fill form for them ! but we didn't is that really has an influence in the leniency or make any difference from the one who submit alone and the strange they said that all service is free , but we didn't convince to fill the form , anyone know about such offices

thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by saifexperts)
    Hi, want to ask I firmed sheffield and am dreaming the day to go there, I fill also the disrupted study form as am sick and under treatment , my parent met one agent here for sheffield and told us that they will support my application but they ask us to fill form for them ! but we didn't is that really has an influence in the leniency or make any difference from the one who submit alone and the strange they said that all service is free , but we didn't convince to fill the form , anyone know about such offices

thanks
    Hi

I'm really sorry to hear that you're unwell and that it has affected your studies. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Our disrupted studies process is the best way to inform us of the problems you have encountered. You can find more information about the process at:
    http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergrad...ying/disrupted

It is really important that you complete the disrupted studies form as soon as possible. I would also strongly encourage you to contact our Applicant Information Desk as they can provide you with some one-to-one advice and guidance. Their contact details are:

+44 114 222 8030
    [email protected]

Best regards

Elizabeth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The University of Sheffield)
    Hi

I'm really sorry to hear that you're unwell and that it has affected your studies. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Our disrupted studies process is the best way to inform us of the problems you have encountered. You can find more information about the process at:
    http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergrad...ying/disrupted

It is really important that you complete the disrupted studies form as soon as possible. I would also strongly encourage you to contact our Applicant Information Desk as they can provide you with some one-to-one advice and guidance. Their contact details are:

+44 114 222 8030
    [email protected]

Best regards

Elizabeth
    Dear Elizabeth,
    thank you for your reply , I already did this step and thanks to all staff at sheffield for their kindness with me.
    I just wanted to know about these offices for many university which offer to help student , should we fill for them a forms to help us ? as I can see that I got my offer without their help from the beginning? is there anything extra they can do for me

Many thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by saifexperts)
    Dear Elizabeth,
    thank you for your reply , I already did this step and thanks to all staff at sheffield for their kindness with me.
    I just wanted to know about these offices for many university which offer to help student , should we fill for them a forms to help us ? as I can see that I got my offer without their help from the beginning? is there anything extra they can do for me

Many thanks
    Good morning

Thanks for your post . I think it would be best to resolve this discussion via private message and I've sent you an email with details of staff in our International Office who can help.

Best regards

Elizabeth
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Morning all

I'm pleased to announce that we now have a University Facebook group for students who are coming to Sheffield in September.

It's a great place to meet other students who are studying your subject and to find out more about accommodation and living in Sheffield. You can join the group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529785767305358/

Enjoy!

Elizabeth

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

In my graduate application essay I referred to Sheff as "Sheffield University" rather than "The University of Sheffield". Will this be heavily frowned upon by the admissions committee? Would it be acceptable to contact them and amend this mistake?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Tavok)
    Hello,

In my graduate application essay I referred to Sheff as "Sheffield University" rather than "The University of Sheffield". Will this be heavily frowned upon by the admissions committee? Would it be acceptable to contact them and amend this mistake?

Thanks
    Good morning

Please don't worry about referring to The University of Sheffield as Sheffield University. Staff, students and applicants use both terms interchangeably so there's no need to contact anyone nor make any changes to your application.

Best regards

Elizabeth

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've firmed Architecture for this year, and just have a few questions

How many people are there on the course generally? And will we get any information from the department about what resources we should buy before we start uni? Like what's a suitable laptop to get (i.e. for CAD use) model making materials, paper etc

Also, how many people applied for the K100 course this year, and how many offers did you give?
    Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ellie.97)
    Hi,
    I've firmed Architecture for this year, and just have a few questions

How many people are there on the course generally? And will we get any information from the department about what resources we should buy before we start uni? Like what's a suitable laptop to get (i.e. for CAD use) model making materials, paper etc

Also, how many people applied for the K100 course this year, and how many offers did you give?
    Thanks
    Hi Ellie

Thanks for getting in touch I've emailed both the department and our admissions team with your queries and I'll pass on their comments when they come through.

Best regards

Elizabeth
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Good morning all

If you need a quick refresher of what our beautiful campus is like, give yourself 5 mins 45 seconds to watch our campus tour video . Helen, who presents the video may look familiar - not only is she a Sheffield student, she's also appeared in Channel 4's comedy 'Raised by Wolves'.

Enjoy!

Elizabeth

ReputationRep:
    amazing video

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm just wondering what the protocol for visitors staying with students at uni accommodation is like? My boyfriend is going to be studying at King's College London whilst I'm going to Uni of Sheffield, so when he visits he'll be staying with me - are there any special forms or anything I/he would need to fill out?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by libertinegirl96)
    Hi,

I'm just wondering what the protocol for visitors staying with students at uni accommodation is like? My boyfriend is going to be studying at King's College London whilst I'm going to Uni of Sheffield, so when he visits he'll be staying with me - are there any special forms or anything I/he would need to fill out?
    Good afternoon

Thank you for asking about having visitors to stay overnight in university accommodation. Generally speaking, provided that the visitor is only staying on an occasional basis and your flat mates are in agreement about the person staying, then it’s not a problem. However, if you had opted to live in a single-sex flat it is extremely unlikely that you could have an overnight visitor of the opposite sex.

If you do have an overnight visitor, you don't need to fill out any forms or anything like that.

The university’s policy about visitors to university accommodation is given in detail in the accommodation terms and conditions (sections 4.24 to 4.29). You will receive a copy of this document with your contract but you can also download it from the right-hand menu on this webpage: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective

I hope that’s helpful.

Have a good weekend

Elizabeth

ReputationRep:
    Hi there i have a conditional offer for this sept for psychology and one of the conditions is to obtain a gcse maths c grade.

Ive been studying so hard and was doing really well with mock maths papers but the exam was awful. A lot harder than past papers and im worried i will fail..

So the question is would a grade D be accepted in some circumstances, and secondly how many applied and how many got places to study psychology out of interest.

Sorry to be a pain im just worrying and thinking about worse case scenario, as ive quit my job to achieve my dream and study at sheffield

Katie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering what are the chances of changing course? I have my firm choice as Business Management and Social Policy here at Sheffield, but I'd be interested in changing my course to Economics and Philosophy if I get the grades of course. Is the BA Economics and Philosophy course competitive and normally full? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by cckykat)
    Hi there i have a conditional offer for this sept for psychology and one of the conditions is to obtain a gcse maths c grade.

Ive been studying so hard and was doing really well with mock maths papers but the exam was awful. A lot harder than past papers and im worried i will fail..

So the question is would a grade D be accepted in some circumstances, and secondly how many applied and how many got places to study psychology out of interest.

Sorry to be a pain im just worrying and thinking about worse case scenario, as ive quit my job to achieve my dream and study at sheffield

Katie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Katie

Thank you for your message

I will send you an inbox message.

Thanks,
    Nancy
    UK Recruitment Assistant
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RoryKejz)
    Hi, I was wondering what are the chances of changing course? I have my firm choice as Business Management and Social Policy here at Sheffield, but I'd be interested in changing my course to Economics and Philosophy if I get the grades of course. Is the BA Economics and Philosophy course competitive and normally full? Thanks
    Hello,

Thank you for your message

I have forwarded this on to Admissions to get more information and I will reply as soon as I have more details.

Nancy
    Student Recruitment Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Thanks for the response, did you send me a private message yet its just i havent received it yet.

Many Thanks
    Katie

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.