Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Applications to usa 2015 entry. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakepds)
    What is STEM?
    STEM is shorthand for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. It's an easy way of expressing science/math subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I am doing a set of STEM SUBJECTS?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, is a USA architecture degree 7 years like the UK? If so you have plenty of time to enjoy the USA as well as rack up a bit of debt!
    Which one are you thinking of going to? Cornell sounds amazing and please don't take this the wrong way, but I have heard that it is the easiest Ivy to get into, is this true. And how hard is it to get into, what we're your grades in UK systems and Sat/Subject tests as well as Exctra Curricula stuff?
    thanks hhhaa yeah i need to see how much aid i get! The Uk is 5 years of study and 2 years of work experience. In the US its 5 years of study (for these specific courses) and also 2 years of work expereince.

Cornell is the easiest Ivy yeah! Because its admitt rate is the highest out of them all at around 15%. But it's the best in the US for architecture which im very happy about! Dont worry i dont take that kind of thing the wrong way :P

I got at gcse

A*A*A*A*A*AAAAB

AS

AAAAB

A Level

A*AA

ReputationRep:
    I think mine and your grades are quite similar, except you are taking an extra AS to me.
    What were your extra curricula things like?

ReputationRep:
    I think mine and your grades are quite similar, except you are taking an extra AS to me.
    What were your extra curricula things like?
    you can check them out on my CV! I'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    You have quite a few more things than me, however I am going to be doing 2 hours of volunteering a week three ugh sixth form, how much will this country for on my application?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.