Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone please can someone help me out, i have got a sister who needs help regarding LSBU and Anglia Ruskin uni Literacy and numeracy test for Mental health nursing

ReputationRep:
    Hi. How was the math and English in middlesex, was it hard. Do you remember the english essay. Please any help would be useful. I hope everything goes well for you. Xxx

(Original post by Madam6)
    I've got middlesex tests on the 6th of Feb. Just had a lsbu on last Saturday. It was okay, math was easy, english a bit funny. After tests you're going home and they should reply to You within a week. Hopefully I've passed it.
    How is the middlesex one? Is it similar to LSBU? How does the literacy one look like? Is it a text and questions for it?
    I've also applied for Herts (adult nursing) but they're still considering my application...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    You just have to wait a week for south bank and if you don't hear anything then you passed.
    Please what sort of topic to focus on for numeracy and literacy where to focus on and an example if u can remember.#

Appreciate

ReputationRep:
    Done lsbu i mddsx. Math is like gsce level not even that. Simple calculations. 40 questions for mddsx , cant remember how many for lsbu. Literacy is mdsx - essay scenario situation 300-500 words, lsbu- comprehension 5 questions. For mdsx all together You got 1 hour for lsbu cant remember

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone had any a recent assessment (Maths and English test for middlesex university? If so can you please tell me the questions and is it hard? Thanks in advance 😊

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to LSBU assessment. I have mi e tomorrow. What there essay writing? A clue on what to prepare on will help pls. How many questions are in maths and what's the pass mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yea I have been to middlesex. The mths is 40 questions 30 is pass mark. Literacy is two scenarios pick one and wrote about it. Pass mark for literacy is 20. You will fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lila A)
    Yea I have been to middlesex. The mths is 40 questions 30 is pass mark. Literacy is two scenarios pick one and wrote about it. Pass mark for literacy is 20. You will fine.

Thanks for the information Lila could you please give us an idea on the two scenarios please ? Like what they are about ? Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, not sure if am allowed to give in details the full information. You should be fine believe me. It's not hard at all.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to it just helps others prepare themselves because I'm not very good at writing essays at least I could read you on the topic.

ReputationRep:
    These things online are been monitored and I don't want to be in trouble for it . I have given u a little hint which you should put on board and that will help you too. Moreover , it's not fair on those tgat have attended who do not pass.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

How were the interviews for LSBU, just received an invitation for the 13th :O eeekkk - I've applied for the PgDip Child Nursing but anyone doing any branch of nursing, how were your interviews?

Also, has anyone done the interview and assessment day for Kings? Got that on the 27th, I couldn't fulfill the APL requirements for Adult or child PgDip so my interview is for the BSc Adult nursing

So nervous But I'm really happy i've got a few weeks to prepare, especially as I have no healthcare work experience so I know i'm going to have to have a lot of well polished answers and prepare for that to come up.

Anyone else in the same position? Were there any specific requirements for the LSBU APL for those who have completed it? i.e. minimum hours of healthcare experience, etc.

Tips on any of this would be amazing

(Sorry so many questions )

ReputationRep:
    What about the tests?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lila, sorry was that for me? I've done the tests now and I know this forum is focusing on them but thought I'd ask about the interviews too any tips on the structure, how long it is, etc

ReputationRep:
    Sorry . I didn't pass theirs but got university of hertfordshire instead.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, sorry to hear that!

How was your Herts one in general? The LSBU will be my first one so I'm feeling nervous how did you prepare for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got thru to UniHerts so I will be starting this September.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have currently received an email saying that I failed my maths test and I have to resit literacy and numeracy test. I have seen your message in which you have mentioned that you got an interview for a retake in maths @arogers93?Could you please tell me how did your numeracy test go? For maths, was it the same questions that you got in the first place? Could you please tell me what kind of questions you received for maths like percentages? additions? Could you please please tell me if the questions were the same or kind of the same sort of questions?In terms of the literacy test, what did you get? A text asking for grammar, punctuation, spelling?I will really appreciate if you give me an answer as i am really stuck and worried about it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arogers93)
    Hello everyone. I have a LSBU interview on Friday. I am rubbish at maths and I am currently retaking it. What sort of questions did they ask? I'm going to spend the entire week revising maths but I'm pretty bad at at. Was the maths test similar to the tes one they have on their website? Reading everyone's comments has made me really nervous.

Thanks in advance.
    Abi xx
    Hi, I have received an email in which it said that I failed my numeracy test in LSBU and that I will be able to retake maths and English test again from the new.
    However, now I am a little bit concerned on the numeracy test. If you have retaken the numeracy test could please tell me if the numeracy test was the same as the first test that you did in the first place? Or is it totally different? Also, what is it based on? percentages? additions? Could you tell me if the texts, the questions and structure were the same or different?

Also, in terms of the numeracy test, could you tell me if you got the same test? or the same structure? and what was it asking and what was the text about? (i mean grammar, spelling).
    I will really appreciate if you can answer my questions as i am very stuck and worried about it.
    Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.