Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cambridge United vs Manchester United - 23/01/15 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I'd say Wimbledon AFC played much better v Liverpool and deserved a replay than Cambridge but it was easy defending for them because United did hardly anything of note. Luckily, we're not in contention for other competitions that we can afford a replay in terms of gametime.
    talking about liverpool when you should just acknowledge you're an embarrassment.
    standard.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a poor day for the team. Just disappointing we have to wait a week before our next game.Adnan played a lot better second half.
    We were playing really slow and playing it safe against a league two team which is a joke.
    Silver lining, happy for Cambridge who get the chance to earn some money for the replay. Not much positive from our side.

ReputationRep:
    Eh so much for BTTS, no 0-0 predictions I don't think.

Suppose it'll be different at home though right....won't...go to pens right?
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    They'll beat us at OT.

Only positive is another fixture for United play and we are still in the FA cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You saying Cambridge will win at OT?

Luckily, we're not in contention for other competitions that we can afford a replay in terms of gametime.
    Still though the counter argument would be since this is the only chance to win anything...you shouldn't need a replay against a mid table league two side?

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting perforance. No disrepect to Cambridge but with what was the first team you would have expected to get goals. It almost seemed like we played to back up LvGs opinion on 4-1-2-1-2.

Only decent player for United was Herrera.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Eh so much for BTTS, no 0-0 predictions I don't think.

Suppose it'll be different at home though right....won't...go to pens right?

You saying Cambridge will win at OT?

Still though the counter argument would be since this is the only chance to win anything...you shouldn't need a replay against a mid table league two side?
    Yeah they might. Ive slowly losing confidence in Van Gaal. Players have been **** but ultimately the blame lies with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    I don't know if I should laugh or cry
    Both.

ReputationRep:
    I hate his guts. Just had a rant in the Arsenal thread as the MU one isn't open. We are a disgrace. If you still think Van Gaal is the right man...well, I don't want to go into personal insults, but I'm thinking it.

He's worse than Moyes. Should be winning 3-0. ****ing joke of a club. Should have got Guardiola. We've had 23 days to sign players like Bale and Hummels you C U _ _ VAN GAAL!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they might. Ive slowly losing confidence in Van Gaal. Players have been **** but ultimately the blame lies with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Might not get to watch next weeks game sadly, will just keep up with scoreline/stats on phone. Could see 0-0 FT but then Man Utd get something in ET.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I hate his guts. Just had a rant in the Arsenal thread as the MU one isn't open. We are a disgrace. If you still think Van Gaal is the right man...well, I don't want to go into personal insults, but I'm thinking it.

He's worse than Moyes. Should be winning 3-0. ****ing joke of a club. Should have got Guardiola. We've had 23 days to sign players like Bale and Hummels you C U _ _ VAN GAAL!!
    with the money he's spent and the player quality he has along with his repuation, he's easily worse than moyes.
    the only reason you're top 4 is because the teams around you have been terrible too.

i feel for you man because this kind of performance simply isn't acceptable from manchester united.
    don't worry, we're up against heskey tomorrow; should be fun...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Sure, but it's indictive how poorly United play with this 3-5-2. Same old concerns and issues with that formation. Any team in the same division as Cambridge would have nabbed a draw tonight.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    talking about liverpool when you should just acknowledge you're an embarrassment.
    standard.
    Not really, wasn't thinking about Liverpool per say more complimenting the performance of Wimbledon in relating to Cambridge who, having played less efficient going forward, were able to defend compact against United.

ReputationRep:
    It's not even LVG. It's the players being ****.

Sure, but it's indictive how poorly United play with this 3-5-2. Same old concerns and issues with that formation. Any team in the same division as Cambridge would have nabbed a draw tonight.
    We played 4-4-2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    with the money he's spent and the player quality he has along with his repuation, he's easily worse than moyes.
    the only reason you're top 4 is because the teams around you have been terrible too.

i feel for you man because this kind of performance simply isn't acceptable from manchester united.
    don't worry, we're up against heskey tomorrow; should be fun...
    He is far worse than Moyes, and nobody in the MU thread has given me a credible argument as to why that is not the case. I don't give a **** about his former glories, its about what you do now. He's had huge resources, a less crowded fixture list, easier opposition and yet we're not better. And we haven't improved since MK Dons.

He was just another mistake. Needs to be sacked soon, and take Woodward with him. Pair of them. Which one would I rather remove...Van Gaal or Woodward? Both of them. We're top four because the other teams are dog poo, nothing more. He needs to be gone very very soon. Should be winning 4 or 5 to nothing against Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    He is far worse than Moyes, and nobody in the MU thread has given me a credible argument as to why that is not the case. I don't give a **** about his former glories, its about what you do now. He's had huge resources, a less crowded fixture list, easier opposition and yet we're not better. And we haven't improved since MK Dons.

He was just another mistake. Needs to be sacked soon, and take Woodward with him. Pair of them. Which one would I rather remove...Van Gaal or Woodward? Both of them. We're top four because the other teams are dog poo, nothing more. He needs to be gone very very soon. Should be winning 4 or 5 to nothing against Cambridge.
    Couldn't agree more - he is being given so much leeway and respect simply because of his past achievements.
    They mean absolutely nothing in the present time; if he isn't getting results for United then he should be criticised just like any other manager would be.

He has spent over 150m, in a season with no Europe and somehow he has performed just as badly as Moyes.
    It's quite laughable if you think about it.

Every team has a bad day, but not one of your players justified their place in a top level side tonight.
    The manager doesn't know where to play his players and the players themselves are playing the worst football of their career.

You might be top 4 right now but I don't see that lasting for long unless changes are made.

ReputationRep:
    Some Man U fans on twitter are still so deluded, claiming LVG doesn't deserve the same stick as moyes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Couldn't agree more - he is being given so much leeway and respect simply because of his past achievements.
    They mean absolutely nothing in the present time; if he isn't getting results for United then he should be criticised just like any other manager would be.

He has spent over 150m, in a season with no Europe and somehow he has performed just as badly as Moyes.
    It's quite laughable if you think about it.

Every team has a bad day, but not one of your players justified their place in a top level side tonight.
    The manager doesn't know where to play his players and the players themselves are playing the worst football of their career.

You might be top 4 right now but I don't see that lasting for long unless changes are made.
    And that's exactly it. And again, there just isn't a counter argument. He said after three months we'd see the best, and we just don't. Every away game is dog ****. Villa, Spurs, Stoke, Cambridge...should be four wins, averaging 3 goals a game. That's what Chelsea would do. Defence isn't the problem, it's up front. He's got the players, but he can't get them playing together. How the hell can you give someone 150M, win 3 away games by 23rd January and say he's doing a good job. He's worse than Moyes. He is. Had Moyes of got that money to spend we'd be third and closer to City. I miss Moyes, he was a nice guy.

None of our six signings have been a success. Players like Fabregas, Costa are a success. How people come on here and say people like Herrera and Rojo are a success is a joke. Why do we have lower standards than Chelsea? Unless you are as good as Terry as a defender, you're not a success. Unless you're as good as Fabregas as a midfielder, you're not a success. Unless you score as many goals as Costa, you're not a success as a striker. Our signings should be expected to be as good as Chelsea's. It's different for other clubs, but when you are MU you expect to be number one.

He's worse than Rodgers. Get him out Luke.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd were playing in yellow and black right. Couldn't figure out who the league two side was.

ReputationRep:
    Someone open our thread please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Someone open our thread please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Done.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    All along there was a match thread...where have I been? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ManU are a disgrace can't even beat Cambridge haha!!!

Come on Cambridge, let's beat them at their own ground!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.