Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    And which other two players could it have been today? I wanna see theo starting every game now tbh

ReputationRep:
    know he just scored but ozil having a terrible game

ReputationRep:
    Tomas Rosicky <3

lol at how pissed off BT Sport are when we are playing well. Can literally hear the anger from the commentators

ReputationRep:
    The wizard(ry) of Öz(il)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    What happened to Welbeck? I forgot he even play for us
    Injured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    know he just scored but ozil having a terrible game
    What's actually been terrible about him....?

Will admit Rosicky has outshone him in every way today though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    What's actually been terrible about him....?

Will admit Rosicky has outshone him in every way today though.
    he's looking very 'basic' if you get what i mean?

not really trying anything, not really doing anything, simple passes. for a specific example, Theo was on the break looking dangerous, ozil on the edge of the box, Giroud in the box- theo passed to ozil and it all fizzled out.

not showing the signs of a 42m player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Can see the difference between Ox and Theo immediately. Both run towards players with pace but Theo has so much more control and knows when to release the ball. Ox really needs to learn.
    Its hard to compare the two, oxlade is much more proficient at passing people on the wings and putting in crosses and will be giving it his all till the final whistle, theos more of a striker and has got better finishing but he does tend to linger on the ball, if he hasn't got the space to run past a player and get into position (dont get me wrong he usually nails it) then 1 on 1 he tends to make a meal of it and loses possession :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    he's looking very 'basic' if you get what i mean?

not really trying anything, not really doing anything, simple passes. for a specific example, Theo was on the break looking dangerous, ozil on the edge of the box, Giroud in the box- theo passed to ozil and it all fizzled out.

not showing the signs of a 42m player.
    To be fair to him its his first game in ages and needs to get his confidence up, would love to see him try to take on a player tho, we all know he has the skills :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    26 minutes into a game in which he's scored and been at the centre of a fluid attacking performance, Ozil is being criticised. That is just moronic

Surprised swirly hasnt dropped some Fifa15 stats in there somewhere, seems to be prism through which he understands footie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyGit07)
    Its hard to compare the two, oxlade is much more proficient at passing people on the wings and putting in crosses and will be giving it his all till the final whistle, theos more of a striker and has got better finishing but he does tend to linger on the ball, if he hasn't got the space to run past a player and get into position (dont get me wrong he usually nails it) then 1 on 1 he tends to make a meal of it and loses possession :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oxlade has been responsible for being dispossessed or losing the ball a lot of the time, bit like how Wilshere use to keep running into players. If you're watching this match you'll see Theo passes it off when he has to where as Ox usually tries to beat another man or two with a flick. Keep an eye on him closely in the next game he plays, it's starting to suggest that all he is, is an athlete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    26 minutes into a game in which he's scored and been at the centre of a fluid attacking performance, Ozil is being criticised.

That is just moronic
    If he isn't thundering into tackles, pointing, shouting and throwing elbows at any nearby opponent, what did we pay £42m for?

I mean, understated and threatening one touch passes and movement are absolutely pointless.

He should be down the job centre as soon as his notice period is up.

ReputationRep:
    Fact is if Ozil wasn't on today the false criticism would be on Ramsey instead.

ReputationRep:
    Gibbs having a great game tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Oxlade has been responsible for being dispossessed or losing the ball a lot of the time, bit like how Wilshere use to keep running into players. If you're watching this match you'll see Theo passes it off when he has to where as Ox usually tries to beat another man or two with a flick. Keep an eye on him closely in the next game he plays, it's starting to suggest that all he is, is an athlete.
    Will do, villa should be a good test for that to be fair I might be being unfair on walcott, was focussed in on when he looked up and didn't lay it off to rosicky who had made an amazing run :/ same just happened with gibbs :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Spot on, AOC's decision making even when he's at his best is really terrible. Worse, he has a habit of losing the ball when the counter is on, doesnt know how to keep it simple

But he's 21, that will improve and when it does he'll be a hell of a player

ReputationRep:
    Good first half

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    incidentally ozil did get a downgrade on fifa15

much prefer Jose Callejon as a CAM anyway

ReputationRep:
    incidentally ozil did get a downgrade on fifa15

much prefer Jose Callejon as a CAM anyway
    Pacewhore.

Man like Ozil is dynamite at the OP chip through balls

ReputationRep:
    Put it in the old thread but I feel this needs sticking on the dressing room door for all our FA Cup games:

If we can retain the cup:

- Wenger becomes the joint best FA Cup manager of all time (6 wins)
    - Arsenal become the most successful FA Cup club of all time, outright (12)
    - Arsenal become the most frequent FA Cup finalists of all time, outright (19)

I want those records.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.