Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How can we learn to stop making everything about race? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    Don't look at us British Born Chinese! Most of us are successful and not petty criminals - unlike certain ethnicities that are British! *cough*
    Lack of human rights in the PRC doesn't affect your lot so why do u pretend to give a crap?! It only concerns my people; NOT your racist, fake lot! Save your pathetic crocodile tears for your lot!
    I think u shud look at all that terrorism, war, poverty, Ebola, genocide etc in Africa!
    So what if UK has a load of human rights?! Doesn't stop innocent British Born Chinese getting violently mugged and murdered by useless, racist, uneducated chavs like you! Prison etc doesn't reform the racist thugs like u but still targetting us hardworking BBCs and our tax money is to pay for good for nothing racist parasites like u!
    It's only u parasitic criminals that benefit most from this so-called 'human rights' blah blah blah!
    My lot? I'm 1/4 afro Cuban I'm not even from Africa I'm 3/4 white and I look white green eyes, dark blonde hair etc.... Even so you should have some respect for Africa because the entire human race was spawned from it.
    Before you call me a racist you need to look in the mirror and look at the venom you are spewing with your name calling. I was simply stated that the Chinese community in this country and globally has a share of blood on it's hands no different to any other community so don't act like an angel...

ReputationRep:
    The hate in this thread is unbelievable

ReputationRep:
    And i'm the one that created it

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    Don't look at us British Born Chinese! Most of us are successful and not petty criminals - unlike certain ethnicities that are British! *cough*
    Lack of human rights in the PRC doesn't affect your lot so why do u pretend to give a crap?! It only concerns my people; NOT your racist, fake lot! Save your pathetic crocodile tears for your lot!
    I think u shud look at all that terrorism, war, poverty, Ebola, genocide etc in Africa!
    So what if UK has a load of human rights?! Doesn't stop innocent British Born Chinese getting violently mugged and murdered by useless, racist, uneducated chavs like you! Prison etc doesn't reform the racist thugs like u but still targetting us hardworking BBCs and our tax money is to pay for good for nothing racist parasites like u!
    It's only u parasitic criminals that benefit most from this so-called 'human rights' blah blah blah!
    No need for the excessive hate. My God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    The black people I know (I am black as well) are all firmly middle class - never really seen a poor black person up here.
    Come on a trip to lewisham my friend. All the white people get the train to work, all the black people get the bus. Its pretty eye-opening.

ReputationRep:
    For the vast majority of the population race is not that big an issue.

For a small proportion of the population race is everything, it is one of their big obsessions in life, so they have to keep on talking about it, they are very active on the internet and so will turn every discussion on TSR, youtube comments, responses to an online newspaper article in to their paranoid rants about race, immigration and so on.

So the internet distorts the extent to which race is really an issue for most people.

Of course in real life, most people don't want to hear an obsessed person ranting about race 24/7 which is why they are mostly confined to the internet and always complain "we aren't allowed to talk about it", "we need to talk about race" and so on.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by redferry)
    Come on a trip to lewisham my friend. All the white people get the train to work, all the black people get the bus. Its pretty eye-opening.
    I might have to pass on that proposition, I'll stick with the oil rich city.

(I actually want to get out of here; there's nothing to do in Aberdeen)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Recently I saw a headline about a 16 year old 9th grader who attacked his elderly teacher over the fact that the teacher seized his phone. I clicked on the story going in to read it with no assumptions whatsoever. I read through it about how the student knocked the guy to ground and all I could think about was the fact that our education system has gone to **** and the morality level of young adults and kids are at an all time low.

Going further down to the comments, most of them were talking about the fact that they knew, even before they clicked on the story that the boy was black. I was beyond exasperated. The race issue is a very sensitive subject. Why does everything have to be about race? Why couldn't the comments focus on the fact that what he did was wrong and he should be punished for it? Some of them talked about poor upbringing and some linked poor upbringing to mainly the black community.

Yes the black community has some issues they have to deal with within themselves. We are becoming something of a nuisance to the world today. With our downfall in always blaming everything thing on racial discrimination instead of taking responsibility. Some of the comments even stated that this is the part Al Sharpton doesn't want the world to see but if it is a white on black they would cry foul and I agreed. During the Michael brown, Antonio, Eric case scenario I was beyond pissed with blacks. They did not want to hear the full story and even when evidence came out saying some witnesses statements were false they refused to back down. Especially with the Brown case where even today i don't think we know the full story.

Even with all that, my point is why do we stereotype races and make assumptions? Some of the comments were even giving statistics about how blacks make 10% of the population but have been proven to commit 47% of crimes. If that is a fact that then well like I stated before the black community needs to put a leash on the new generation and tell them to sit up. But if we are going to make assumptions then the next time a white guy walks into the cinema or my little cousins nursery school I should brace myself and start to make assumptions.

There is nothing wrong with presuming the ethnicity of the perpetrator when a certain type of crime has taken place. As 9/10 you will be right. I'm Black and can pretty much work out that the perpetrator of a crime is Black when i hear about it. It's like when i heard about the Lee Rigby/Woolwich Attacks i knew the murderers were Black as a White or South Asian Muslim if they were gonna commit a terrrorist would not not kill a man in broad daylight like that they would use bombs instead.

Moral of post don't be so PC in these type of things

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.