Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I never seem to get called good looking or intelligent, this makes me feel sad :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Well I have not surprisingly semi-crippling social anxiety and a general anxiety disorder, I've been at high-intensity all of today, I mean Jesus I've been suggesting Spartan rule on another thread.

I am honestly surprised though, that you would compliment me about this, though flattered in the environment I've been in, people just pick apart your failings and remind you someone is always better than you.

OK, I understand that buuut nonetheless telling OP his friends are paling in anonymity probably won't help him.
    If someone other than yourself had those qualities, would you not see them as good? Bearing in mind you have social anxiety I understand that it's not as easy as just 'being more positive' but I wish you and people like yourself would see your own potential.

On reflection I can see how never even getting a nice compliment can lead to deeply entrenched negativity so I guess I was too harsh. My bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaq_widow)
    If someone other than yourself had those qualities, would you not see them as good? Bearing in mind you have social anxiety I understand that it's not as easy as just 'being more positive' but I wish you and people like yourself would see your own potential.

On reflection I can see how never even getting a nice compliment can lead to deeply entrenched negativity so I guess I was too harsh. My bad.
    no worries, much prefer genuine tough love in the best interests to the 'lol kill yourself' trolls I have formerly dealt with

well join my pics thread then maybe you will compliment, maybe not

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.