You peel prawns?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Andy98)
    You peel prawns?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As opposed to eating the shell and head and stuff, of course! lol. I've never heard of someone eating an unpeeled prawn.

Please tell me you wouldn't eat a prawn in this state :

ReputationRep:
    Meh, you're relying on a dyspraxic person surviving a week of skiing
    Skiing?! :eek: I am seriously impressed. I once dislocated and fractured my knee because I tripped over a sofa, so I wouldn't be much use I'm afraid
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    As opposed to eating the shell and head and stuff, of course! lol. I've never heard of someone eating an unpeeled prawn.

I've never heard of buying them unpeeled:confused:

(Original post by Bethaaaaany)
    Skiing?! :eek: I am seriously impressed. I once dislocated and fractured my knee because I tripped over a sofa, so I wouldn't be much use I'm afraid
    Hey, I'm just insane is all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I did once at a buffet! I had never ate a prawn in my life so I hadn't a clue. I was with my mates and naturally they told me that's how you eat it - whole.

It was quite an experience.

ReputationRep:
    I can't open childproof caps...

i'm 27...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've never heard of buying them unpeeled:confused:
    ]
    (Original post by HNSE)
    I did once at a buffet! I had never ate a prawn in my life so I hadn't a clue. I was with my mates and naturally they told me that's how you eat it - whole.

lol you two are too funny, bless. You've never been to Spain then and asked for a paella? They always come like this, cooked but whole, and you have to peel them yourself.

And yep in buffets over here they're often like that.

I struggle with them so much and make a right hash job of peeling them. My husband has to peel them for me, and ironically he hates prawns and pretty much all seafood apart from a few types of fish.

ReputationRep:
    You want to be a doctor? Well you can't write so you must be hired

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish I could prove you wrong but you're right, doctors have the most appalling handwriting. Can't wait till everything is digital and hospital notes are a thing of the past.

ReputationRep:
    Hesitating at a junction when it is going 60mph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    being a real man i'm such whiny *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    being a real man i'm such whiny *****
    You know real feminism is actually trying to relieve men of this pressure to 'be a real man' and not express their emotions without feeling bad about it. Watch Emma Watson's speech at the UN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWaffle)
    You know real feminism is actually trying to relieve men of this pressure to 'be a real man' and not express their emotions without feeling bad about it. Watch Emma Watson's speech at the UN.
    HeForShe has given me hope but the speech was sufficiently vague enough to feel more of an appeasement than a promise of action

I also fear that even feminists working to absolve said guy of said pressures will never be attracted to the now emotionally freed guy, because one's projected value tends to decrease when one is free to reveal all humanity and insecurity. Without seeming overly whiney and forever alone I have always believed feminism to struggle to take effect behind closed doors, do women even want it to take effect here? Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    HeForShe has given me hope but the speech was sufficiently vague enough to feel more of an appeasement than a promise of action

I also fear that even feminists working to absolve said guy of said pressures will never be attracted to the now emotionally freed guy, because one's projected value tends to decrease when one is free to reveal all humanity and insecurity. Without seeming overly whiney and forever alone I have always believed feminism to struggle to take effect behind closed doors, do women even want it to take effect here? Who knows.
    It really depends on the circles you mix in. At my uni, loads of people I know are/ would be attracted to guys who express their emotions. However, if you were to go to a typical bravado filled night club in Essex the general concessus might be different- or at least they'd have to get used to the idea. I'm just saying don't worry that no girls would be attractedt to guys like that. I was talking about this to my friend today and we were saying that relationships are better when guys express their emotions at the time of difficulty and don't just bottle them up and then snap.

ReputationRep:
    Opening a damn water bottle

ReputationRep:
    Opening a Capri-Sun

ReputationRep:
    a more comprehensive list

-getting to bed early

-coming off the computer (addictive tendencies)

-tying shoelaces tight

-shaving neck-hairs

-using a manual can-opener

-being on time

-talking to women without sounding like a future rapist online

-avoiding inappropriate socially taboo behaviours on a whim, e.g. giggling during the 2 minutes silence, a baby joke that shall never be repeated, mentioning death, my obsession with feminism and gender roles

-staying still

-keeping to a deadline

-keeping a desk tidy

-sticking to a goal

-avoiding emotional outbursts

-****ing checkout machines GO TO HELL

-catching a ball

-writing legibly

-finishing an exam on time

there are more but i cba because I have just broke 2 tonight-getting to bed on time, getting to a party on time

ReputationRep:
    Okay this might seem odd, but I don't know how to like.. casually skip? I can do it with a skipping rope on the spot, but I can't just ... skip.

People try to explain to me "it's between a hop and a jump" but then I just hop or jump lmao?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Automated shopping tills. Something always goes wrong.

No one wants to use them though. I always find myself in ques with other people for a staff ran till. There is normally some staff member trying to get us to use the angry automated ones.
    Why does nobody know how to spell the word queue?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    lol you two are too funny, bless. You've never been to Spain then and asked for a paella? They always come like this, cooked but whole, and you have to peel them yourself.

And yep in buffets over here they're often like that.

I struggle with them so much and make a right hash job of peeling them. My husband has to peel them for me, and ironically he hates prawns and pretty much all seafood apart from a few types of fish.
    Nope, never been to Spain.

(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    I wish I could prove you wrong but you're right, doctors have the most appalling handwriting. Can't wait till everything is digital and hospital notes are a thing of the past.
    Hahaha yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.