Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    guuys im really scared of thiss especially f335

ReputationRep:
    anyone else find some reasoning in f334 stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRAG)
    For Jan 2013 Q2a), OH (alone) groups have low delocalisation (Compared to carboxylic acids and phenols)
    Thanks

What about June 2013 Q1cii)
    The structure of A is -ooc(C6H4)coo- which I obtain correctly
    The has formed from the carboxylic acid part of the molecule so should have a C=O bond peak at 1700-1725. However the markscheme says it should be at 1720-1740 (which would be an aldehyde!). But it also says reference to anything other than a carboxylic acid/carboxylate is a CON so it sort of contradicts itself. Any help?

My teacher said he isn't even sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welbeck)
    Thanks

What about June 2013 Q1cii)
    The structure of A is -ooc(C6H4)coo- which I obtain correctly
    The has formed from the carboxylic acid part of the molecule so should have a C=O bond peak at 1700-1725. However the markscheme says it should be at 1720-1740 (which would be an aldehyde!). But it also says reference to anything other than a carboxylic acid/carboxylate is a CON so it sort of contradicts itself. Any help?

My teacher said he isn't even sure...
    I don't know, that sounds horribly confusing...

How's your revision going?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a definition for rate constant and order of reaction?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions of what might come up from storylines or what investigation might come up??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone got june 2014 paper + ms? would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiaaa1)
    anyone got june 2014 paper + ms? would be greatly appreciated
    I do
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf F334-01 Jun14.pdf (278.2 KB, 152 views)
  2. File Type: pdf F331_MS_Jun14.pdf (235.4 KB, 297 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilbertblythe)
    I do
    thank you! do you have the f334 ms, not f331 lol

ReputationRep:
    So I was doing a past paper and the specification says that during recrystallisation you leave the solution to cool and crystallise THEN filter whereas the June 2010 mark scheme says that you filter the hot solution and let the filtrate cool and crystallise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me with question 1dii from june 2014 paper please. I seriously don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiaaa1)
    thank you! do you have the f334 ms, not f331 lol
    ahaa, sorry school put them in some random order i didnt realise!
    Attached Images
  3. File Type: pdf F334_MS_Jun14.pdf (341.8 KB, 787 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeistoff)
    So I was doing a past paper and the specification says that during recrystallisation you leave the solution to cool and crystallise THEN filter whereas the June 2010 mark scheme says that you filter the hot solution and let the filtrate cool and crystallise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You filter the hot solution to get rid of insoluble impurities. You then filter again after the solid crystallises to get rid of soluble impurities. Then wash with cool solvent and dry.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where to find the examiner reports? I've tried looking on the OCR website, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough

ReputationRep:
    what does non superimposable mean

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the f335 paper and ms?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where to find the examiner reports? I've tried looking on the OCR website, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough
    They are 2 button things above mark schemes on the website

ReputationRep:
    The optical isomers cannot be laid on top of each other to give the same molecule.

(Original post by Shostakovish)
    what does non superimposable mean

ReputationRep:
    I do
    you babe

ReputationRep:
    MISTAKE ON JUNE 2013 F334 MARK SCHEME

Markscheme for Question 1Cii says C=O peak at 1720-1740. But it actually should be C=O peak at 1700-1725. This is because 1720-1740 represents an aldehyde, but it actually should be for a carboxylic acid/carboxylate ion which is at 1700-1725

Feel free to correct my if I am wrong, but I discussed this with 2 chemistry teachers and they both agree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.